Redhawk Caldera windworn
incautious red wrecking ball amwelles · amwelles
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
And a spar thread for @Elwood! Hope you don't mind the finding Elwood part, since I just wrote another starting post that was calling for Amon, and I wanted something different. Friendly spar, o'course.
Sparring pits: http://wolf-rpg.com/showthread.php?tid=6632

As usual, Finley and Elwood's scents were often found together, causing Fox to have a shit-eating grin on her face every time she realized how much time the two spent together. If there was ever a better couple, it was definitely Peregrine and herself. But Elwood and Finley would make a handsome couple as well, and Fox fully intended to fan the flames—just as she'd been doing practically since Elwood arrived.

Oddly enough, when Fox finally caught sight of Elwood, Finley was nowhere to be found. In an unusually playful and fiery mood, Fox grinned devilishly and darted toward her co-leader, nipping at his bum in an attempt to get him to play with her.
Pregnancy timeline (RHC members only)
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Replying to get this in my post log! I'm assuming we can do a few rounds in the spar thread before continuing here?

Elwood heard the crunching of paws on the snow behind him and as he turned to see who was approaching, he was met with Fox's playful teeth. "Hey!" he yipped, quickly noting her expression and posture. It appeared that she wanted to do battle with him, and he replied in kind, turning to face her.

He lowered himself into a play-bow, his tail lashing the air behind her, then lunged forward in an attempt to bump his crown against her shoulder. He often found himself wrestling with Finley, so he had grown accustomed to her size and techniques, but Fox's skill and smaller frame presented a challenge.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Just going to sum things up here and do some power play for funsies, since the victor was determined already. ;)

The two tossed and turned, taking jabs at one another. Elwood would feint one way, and Fox would attack another. Their bodies collided on several occasions, and if anybody had come across them, they might have thought it was some kind of silly dance. Tails wagged, tongues lolled, and eyes gleamed. There were a few moments when Fox thought she might actually be bested by her best friend's romantic interest (no matter how much the two of them denied liking one another ~like that~), but in the end, Fox was victorious.

Fox planted a paw on Elwood's chest now that he was belly-up on the ground. "That's right, buddy," she proclaimed, "You ain't never gonna beat me. I'm the queen of this game. And there's no room for kings!" Briefly, Fox wondered if Peregrine could beat her at this particular game. Now that she thought about it, she couldn't remember if they had ever sparred in any formal manner.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Works for me!

The spar was lengthy, and while Fox was more skilled than Elwood, he managed to put up a good fight. He held on for as long as he could, continuously trying to match her attacks and defend himself adequately, but eventually fatigue caught up to him. With tongue lolling, the larger male allowed the petite Alpha to knock him to the ground, and he unceremoniously sprawled on his back.

He laughed as she placed a triumphant paw on his chest and proclaimed her victory. She had won, fair and square, and he had no reason to argue with her. He grinned, looking up at her as she hovered over him. "I was no match for you, but I'll keep training. One of these days, I'll beat you," he promised teasingly, his tail fanning the snowy ground as he spoke.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
I feel like I have been lurking a lot and not posting. This headache has been here for two days make it go away. Taking a pill made it go away, though...

Fox kept her paw on Elwood, even as he spoke. Not until he was done did she back away, releasing him from his one-wolf prison. “You keep thinkin’ that,” she replied with a silly wink. “I don’t think there’s a single wolf this side of the mountains who could beat me.” And Fox wanted to keep it that way. She had no intentions of going down easily if it came to it. The Alpha was a hardened warrior, even if her small figure and young age might not have suggested it.

“So what else have you got to do today?” Fox asked. Surely he had things planned for the rest of the day. He probably planned to track down Finley and do... whatever it was they did when they hung out. That probably meant bumping uglies. The thought made her inner child roll around laughing, though Fox managed to keep a straight face.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Oh no, that's the worst! Hope your headache is gone/goes away soon. By the way, congrats on the house! :D

"You're probably right," he admitted, only half-teasing. Though Fox was small, she was exceptionally fierce and had experience. The only thing that could hinder her would be her pregnancy, but for now that didn't hold her back. Once her stomach started to swell, though, Elwood imagined that she would be avoiding spars and confrontations.

Once she let him go, he rolled over and propped himself up on his elbows. He looked up at her as she asked what his plans for the day was, and shrugged his shoulders. "Nothing too important on my plate today," he replied; he would likely go through his normal routine of hunting and patrolling the borders. He suddenly remembered his last conversation with Fox and suggested, "We ought to start planning some kind of prank for Finley." The idea of playing a trick on his friend was too good to pass up, and he had the feeling that Fox would be a mastermind at this sort of thing.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
You'll have to come over for the housewarming party! We move in on Feb. 15th. SO CLOSE I CAN TASTE IT.

“Oh yeah!” Fox said when Elwood mentioned their prank-planning. “I’d totally forgotten about pranking.” That was a classic Fox move, through and through. If she didn't look like her name, she'd probably forget that, too. “Do you have any bright ideas?” Fox had never been terribly good at cooking things up (mentally, that is), so she was going to have to lean on Elwood for this one. Maybe she could use this prank thing to her advantage somehow.

“We could play off my pregnancy somehow,” she said, wondering how they could add that to the mix. Fox was drawing a blank, though, and she looked to Elwood for his input.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
I'll be there! :D So exciting!

Elwood hummed thoughtfully, trying to come up with a clever idea. Currently, Finley was mad at him and they hadn't talked or seen each other in a few days. But that likely wouldn't last long, and it would give Elwood and Fox time to mastermind a worthy prank. She mentioned her pregnancy, which was a great idea since Finley was so excited for the arrival of the firebirds.

"What if we could fool her into thinking that you gave birth to a bear," he mused, knowing even as he spoke the words that it would be difficult to pull off. "Or maybe you could convince her that pregnancy is contagious, and that she could catch it from drinking after you." Again, not the best idea, especially since he thought that Finley was pretty worldly and had to already know that wasn't a possibility.

He pursed his lips, then added, "She's afraid of moths. Like, really afraid. I wonder if we could do something with that." Though he doubted that there had actually been a moth in the ice cavern, she had blamed her actions on her phobia.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Fox pondered Elwood's words as he spoke them, trying to formulate some kind of devilish plot for their mutual friend. "What if..." Fox trailed off, the idea slowly coming together, "We told her that moths terrorize godmothers of unborn children!" Surely Fin would have to sleep with one eye open if they were able to convince her of that. Which gave Fox yet another idea. "But they'll only come while she's sleeping." Fox gave Elwood a conniving grin, already excited at the prospect of fooling the Beta.

Idly, she wondered if anybody had ever pranked her. It was quite possible, and Fox had never been the brightest star in the sky, so she likely would have missed the jape entirely.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
He pressed his ears forward eagerly as Fox formulated an idea based off Finley's fear of moths. What she came up with was silly, but Finley was so petrified by the tiny, flying bugs that it would likely still have the desired effect. All they wanted to do was freak her out a little bit -- and since neither of them seemed to be that clever, they would have to make do!

"I like it," he chuckled, nodding his head as he pictured Finley's expression. Just the thought of being terrorized by moths would mortify her, and then it would be easy to play a trick on her while she was sleeping. All they would need to do was tickle her nose with a piece of dry grass, and she would instantly think that she was being visited by a moth...
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Last one for me!

"It's a plan!" And one that Fox would most certainly follow through with. She fully intended to bring it up to Finley the next time she saw her. Fox had a pretty good feeling that Elwood would make the perfect partner in crime, too. His added insight into Finley's fears was going to be helpful if they continued to prank their mutual friend.

"I'm going to toddle off and find Peregrine," Fox proclaimed, "Maybe you should find Finley. Get the game started, y'know?" The Redleaf had not yet considered the possibility that there would be repercussions for her actions, but that was nothing new. She'd always been one to live in the moment.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Elwood grinned. "You should fill Peregrine in on this, too. I'm sure he'd love to be a part of any prank that involves Finley," he said as Fox declared that she was off to track down her husband. She suggested that he look for Finley and maybe start planning the seeds of godmother-terrorizing moths in her head, to which he nodded. "I'm on it," he promised with a wave of his tail.

He gave Fox an amiable nudge on the shoulder, pressing his snout against the lean muscle and bone, then turned and lowered his head to the ground. He gave a sniff as he prowled away, hoping to come across Finley's scent sooner rather than later.