Blacktail Deer Plateau The day is getting nearer
Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, I am stronger than you know.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue slid from the cover of her shared den and shook the night before from her pelt. Lifting green gaze to the sky she studied it, just for the simple fact that the brilliant blue was beautiful on the cool winters day. Her sides swollen and her back aching she began a slow waddling amble towards the center of the territory and then from there around. She wanted to see what she could see of the territory, just because. Soon enough she would be chained to the den for a few weeks after the sweet things nestled deep within were born.

Not to mention that the she wolf and healer was really very restless. Her belly was swollen and ached all around. She could honestly barely walk a foot without becoming short of breath and have to sit down. Bending down, you could forget that, it was pure irritation to just bend her head to eat. Not to mention that she had begun to leak all sorts of bodily fluids, both milk and not. It was frustrating, but it was the way of things. And though she was uncomfortable and cranky and sore, she knew it would all be worth it in the end. It was just getting to the end that caused her irritation at the moment.

She had to stop every few feet and shift her weight as the cramps that were awakening her body to what was to come tore through her. They didn't hurt necessarily, they mostly were just uncomfortable with momentary twinges of pain. She did however know that the day when it came would be painful and it would take a lot of her self will.
Hello Everyone. It's been forever.
<strong>here is a strange and bitter crop</strong>
308 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Despite keeping his distance, Pura had noticed change in Blue Willow. Though he did not know it, the birth of her and Lasher's children were imminent - the Plateau's second litter. To Pura, she merely looked a little swollen, but the scent she left behind told of something more. Curious to know what was going on, he spent the morning tracking down an offering to trade for the full story, and made his way - panting with effort - with the early morning's kill in tow. The rabbit was missing its nose and lips, which Pura had slurped down as breakfast. That particular part of the animal had a strange, rubbery texture that he enjoyed.

When he arrived at Blue's den, she had just dragged herself ungracefully from its depths. Pura witnessed the tail end of the spectacle, and paused to stare at the healer's strange, distended form through the trees. He wondered briefly what she would look like without fur.

With a muffled bark, the titanic youth announced himself. He approached without invitation, assuming Blue would welcome his presence, and dropped the kill at her feet. Even they looked fatter, as though inflated. Pura's blank eyes traveled from her burdened paws to her sagging belly, which seemed to be.. dribbling. "You're leaking," he declared, moving his flat, steely gaze to meet hers.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue had not thought much on Pura keeping his distance. It was as always just the way Pura was. There was some wires crossed in the child's brain, he wasn't right. She didn't love him any less for it, and she could not imagine him any other way. And it wasn't like he wasn't able to feel things, it just took him a little longer and you had to be close to him.

Blue had not noticed Pura, only because she was on a one track mind lately. It was strange really the way things were not processing, as if a piece of her brain was off while she as pregnant.

Blue looked at the boy who was now larger than her. She never felt wary of him, though she mentally made a note to talk with him about how baby puppies were fragile if he wanted to be around them. Blue chuckled softly Yes it is the milk for the babies. They'll be here in mere days. How are you today Pura?
308 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
"Yes it is the milk for the babies. They'll be here in mere days. How are you today Pura?"

Pura stared unabashedly at Blue's dribbling undercarriage. Winter's plumage allowed her a modicum of modesty, but he could see flashes of taut, pink skin and heavy teats. And the smell. The boy flared his nostrils, drawing in great gulps of the sweet, buttery scent. He wondered what the babies would smell like. This was the Plateau's first litter since the first four, and Pura had not seen a child from his current vantage point. Hard-wired instinct told him one certaint hing about the impending birth, but an overwhelming curiosity about the little lives inside Blue stayed its murderous hand.

"Where do they come out?" he asked, stepping over his kill to look at his aunt's dark sides. No doors there.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue shifted, Pura was a different type of wolf. And sometimes quite frankly his stare was unnerving, but Blue would never think he was capable of any type of violence. Except for those who trespassed or hurt those he loved, then she imagined the behemoth would make them rue the day.

Blue gritted her teeth, not because of his proximity, but rather the topic they were about to get into. But he was old enough now she supposed, and she didn't think anyone else had spoken to him about it. Well it's a little bit complicated. Men and women are built differently and you have a pp...penis there as you know and that is where you go to the bathroom and make children with a female it's connected. But a female we have something on the inside rather than the outside and it comes out there. In the proximity of our rear ends. She frowned that was a terrible way of saying it , but what else could she say? Woman have two holes one for babies and one for crap?
308 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
For the second time, it was up to Blue to explain things to Pura. She stumbled through the words, explaining the birds and the bees without using more than one or two potentially embarrassing words. If Pura was in any way surprised or shock, his face didn't show it - business as usual. In his head, he tried to make sense of the censored information she had offered him. "Are they made from poo?" Pura had one hole - just one. Only fecal matter had ever come out of it, so presumably this union between male and female triggered some kind of metamorphosis.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue chuckled uncomfortably and shook her head. no not like poo. It's hard to explain Pura. Alright a female has two holes in stead of one okay. A male has one hole and one outside member a penis okay. This male part of the ananomy joins with the other hole on the female during the heat season and other times if you like and the female is in agreement and then when it...ahem...goes off shall we say it meets with the parts on the inside of the female and makes babies. Then when it's time for them to be born the babies come out of the same hole that joined with the male? Blue stared at the ground so uncomfortable she didn't know what to say. It was one thing to be able to explain this in a purely clinical capacity, but to explain just like that well it was hard for her. ESpecially when she was fairly certain he would have no idea what she said because she was actually pretty terrible at explaining this exactly.
308 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
He could almost see the redness in her cheeks and ears. What was it about genitals and their functions that was so hard to talk about? Pura received this piece of information as he did any other - calmly, and with no indication that he found it interesting. He couldn't imagine the act, really. It seemed like it would involve a lot of straddling.

"Does it hurt when they come out?" he followed up with, eyeing her for a reaction. Blue's heart was proudly displayed on her sleeve, and her face was animated with every emotion that sailed across it. She was the Duplo of feelings, and it made it easier for Pura to decipher what was going on.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue couldn't help her reaction to the words. Her mother had taught her as soon as she was able that it was a taboo subject. You talked about it in a clinical subject if needed. But other than that you did not speak of the going ons between man and wife.

Blue nodded her head Yes it does. After all you are pushing something quite larger than that orifice out of your body. Not to mention your body constricts and tightens making pains go up and down the side. I do not know how bad it hurts though, but I will know soon enough.
308 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Pura wondered briefly why Blue would choose to undergo seemingly excruciating pains for creatures that would only burden her. Kisu, Peregrine, Hawkeye, Pied - all of the driven from the Plateau, at least in part due to conflict with or amongst their children. Pura gave Blue's full belly one last look. According to Kisu, Pura's own mother passed away in the process of childbirth. By all accounts, he and his sister were already murderers. The same might happen to Blue, and still she so obviously looked forward to their birth. "I hope you don't die," he offered by way of 'good luck', licked his lips thoughtfully, and turned away to leave the expectant mother alone.