Stavanger Bay in the jungle, the mighty jungle
77 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Danni, maybe just a few short rounds?

He hadn't really meant to abandon Ouroboros Spine, but when Mordecai's scent had vanished from the border, he knew that he had no reason to return. Besides, there was something he wanted to do before he left the Teekon Wilds all together. Even if he was plenty late, he called upon @Thistle Cloud (though not by name) this day to let her know of the information he had gathered since he last saw her. It was the least he could do, and perhaps the only thing he had done of value since he had arrived in the area.
I want the part of you that you refuse to give. *anonymous*
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle had waited for word about that wolf that her husband had hunted down. For even his hunt fell flat. She had kept the deer haunch away from others, had even froze it in a cave near them. It was still fresh, though it would need to thaw. She wondered if he got caught in his wondering, and for that reason she hadn't spared him much thought in sometime. So her surprise was large when she heard a foreign howl come across the bay. She trotted towards it and raised a brow when she came near. Well hello. How are you? She waited standing tall and quiet.
77 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
“I found the white wolf with white eyes,” Sidewinder replied, ignoring the pleasantries. Winder did not expect payment, though he would not balk at it if offered. “He lives in a place called Blackfeather Woods. I do not believe he has been there long.” Granted, Sidewinder had not actually seen this wolf that she sought, but he had gotten confirmation from one of the members there. That was enough for him to go on, and this coastal pack was his last stop before he headed south in search of greener pastures. But now, he stood, waiting.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle listened and shifting her weight she spoke Stay right here a moment. Dashing off she ran to the nearby cave and digging she pulled the haunch of deer from it's spot. She half drug half carried it back, being as small as she was and it being frozen. She set it down in front of them. Do you know his name? She held a paw on the deer haunch for a moment and waited.
77 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
"I do not," Sidewinder confessed, licking his lips at the sight of the meaty haunch. It had been quite some time since he had sustained himself on Ouroboros Spine's caches. "All of Ouroboros Spine believes he is my brother and was once called Viper. I asked for him by that name when I went to Blackfeather Woods." It was a falsehood that had been necessary to facilitate the gathering of knowledge. Overall, it had served him well, and he could pass as a brother simply because they shared a coat of the same color.

Again, the serpent waited.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle listened but did not comment yet. So he called him viper nad they had fallen for it. This wolf certainly must be able to spin a yarn. Shifting her weight she lifted her paw. Did this wolf come and see you? And did anyone see through your falsehood or is it sound? So if someone was to go asking for him they could get to him?
77 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
"I did not see him. I left before they could ask too many questions. I am not sure if he is well-guarded," he answered. Sidewinder had not been asked to do all these things, so he had not. He had merely located the beast who had attacked Mordecai's brother and mate. Everything else would be up to these wolves of the bay. Winder glanced at the large chunk of meat, and wondered if the she-wolf would expect him to work more for it. He had spent a great deal of time tracking down the perpetrator, and while he felt he deserved such things, Winder was all-too-familiar with deals that turned sour.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle nodded and pushed the haunch towards him. Thank you for your service. here's your prize. It's frozen so you may have to let it thaw. Do you have a home to go to?

Thistle did not wish to send him on his way if he had no home. It didn't seem nice. She backed up though so he could feel more comfortable to grab the deer haunch. She could not imagine not honoring her word. He had gone above and beyond what she had asked him to do and for that he deserved every piece of that haunch.
77 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Last post for me! Should count toward EXP if you add one more post & fade out. :)

Sidewinder shook his head. "I plan to move on from this place. Perhaps south where the winter does not turn to ice. I thank you for the food." With all business wrapped up between himself, his "brother," and this woman, Winder pulled the haunch away, intending to drag it as far as he could away from the coast. There, he would feed off of it for a day or two before departing this area completely.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle nodded her head, You are welcome. Have a good life and thank you for the information. She watched him drag the haunch away, she could have offered to help, but frankly she did not trust him. And she was fairly certain he didn't entirely trust her. So he could drag it on his own.

Turning on heel she headed inward to her own territory and to speak with Ragnar share with him this news.