Blacktail Deer Plateau with love, from me to you
∞
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini
from me to you - the Beatles
@Blue Willow <3 set inmediately after this
@Lasher you are also welcome to jump in at any time

[size=medium]"If I had a heart you're the one who should break it"[/size]

[size=small]Though filling himself with remains was something he had renounced to when pledging himself to the Plateau, the circumstances of the situation called for an exception. After shamelessly driving off a small female from the bear carcass at his feet, he had decided to at least put the rest of it to good use. While Finn was not a religious or in any way spiritual fanatic that believed in redemption he did think that one good deed could make up for a bad one;thought in all honesty -- and in his mind -- what he had done had not been in any way wrong he at least wanted to use the stolen treasure for more than filling his stomach.

So after eating all left overs still clinging to the bear's lifeless body he wasted no more time. Quickly, and with his sharp canines as tool he ripped the lush skim from the bones and remaining tissue, separating each bit as delicately as possible until he found himself with the pelt alone. If his judgements were correct the animal would not have died more than two days ago, which explained why the meat, as well as the coat was still in top condition.
No -- scratch that, it was perfect, and it would be been more once he delivered it to its new owners.

With this in mind he clutched the thing in his jaws, trying as best as possible not no drag it as he trotted quickly away from the forest and into the Plateau's territory. As soon as he was in, he made a bee line for the preciously dug out den he had encountered the Beta male not to long ago. Though it was him who he had hoped to run into, as he approached he noticed it was the pregnant Healer's scent which greeted him first. This only brought a wider smile to spread across his (still enclosed ) muzzle.
Maybe this could be the perfect opportunity to get himself familiarized with the female, especially before she received her pups and locked herself in her den for who knows how long.

Soon he found himself in front of the den and with a a gruff bark that alerted the woman of his presence he dropped the cleaned skin at his feet, the tip of his tail waving slowly over his back as he waited patiently for how the housewife would react towards his present.
[/size]
Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, I am stronger than you know.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue was not one who practiced a religion. However, much like Finn though she didn't know it, she believed that you sowed what you wrought. So frankly speaking she felt that one should always treat others as they too wished to be treated. And that in the end if you were bad enough it would get you.

Blue had been curled up on her side, finally getting some rest after having not been able to sleep the night before or the night before and so on and so forth. So she was a bit irritated to be receiving visitors, but she shook it off. After all soon enough she'd be alone for a week or so, other than Lasher while the pups were first born. So lifting her heavy body, she pushed out through the den mouth.

She blinked blearily at the sun, but offered a smile. Hello Finn. How can I help you? She tilted her ears and noticing the pelt she looked at it for a moment. It looked soft and heavenly. Surely he wasn't giving it to them was he? She could make some serious use out of that.
Hello Everyone. It's been forever.
∞
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini

[size=small]Pregnant -- no hold on, all women were a complete mystery to the Ollivander. And as much luck as he had seemed to have with them in the past (earning him a title of Casanova) he now realized they were more complex than he had initially thought. Their brusque mood swings (which seemed to be always directed at him!) and hormones were part of that cryptic code Finn had yet to figure out.
And Blue, being a heavily pregnant woman was no exception to that rule.

While the thought of her being annoyed by her his visit had not even popped into his mind as a possibility he did suspect she felt something of the sort when she came out wobbling from the depths of her den.
Either I interrupted her beauty sleep or having babies feels like shit, he thought silently as he waited for the woman to fully exit the den.
His innocent pondering suddenly brought a bit of curiosity in the male's mind, who aside from being an only child never had even a close experience with expecting females though out his life.
He had once been really badly constipated but he doubted that's what it felt like.
Anyways.

Dismissing all stupid thoughts regarding pregnancy and it's wonders of his mind, he dipped his muzzle to greet the female, who as suspected did not fail to notice the prize at Finn's feet.
"Actually, Blue, I was hoping I could help you,"Β  He barked, his tail-tip twitching with amusement as he leaned down to clutch the skinned pelt back between his jaws.

"I bwoght thif for you"Β He barked, his words muffled by the thick fur on the bear. "A pwesemft for you, Lafsher and the baiffbies "He went on, carefully dangling the pelt so that the small bits of dust and debris it had gathered on the journey fell from it.
[/size]
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue didn't think she was so complex as others. All she wanted was to offer her love, her healing and her stories and she was pretty happy. She was already a good medic, so that was taken care of, she could share her stories to the little ones and she could love them. Therein she was pretty happy, although at the moment she imagined if someone could see the cranky thoughts that flitted, they would attribute her to a very large cranky bear.

Blue continued out of the den, her body rotund and distended. She sat down heavily near him and tilted her head to listen. If one would watch occasionally you could see a paw or something ripple her side as the babes inside fought for room.

Blue smiled at him Oh and how would you help? She was not being mean merely curious, though she had a pretty good idea what was going on. When he lifted the pelt, she giggled at the way his words were chopped, but her giggle turned into a sneeze at the dirt. But she smiled regardless, That looks heavenly. Thank you so very much Finn. That was very thoughtful. She wagged her tail behind her.
∞
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini
Two days for blasher babies omg <3 I hope they like it haha

[size=small]As she moved, Finn's olive eyes never failed to follow her, but even then he failed to notice what the movement in her sides that must have seen so evident to her. But he couldn't be blamed, he had never had contact with a pregnant female before and honestly the thought of seeing tiny beings press against the female's flank to create involuntary movements was utterly terrifying for him.
Slowly he was coming to find he did not know women as much as he had thought.
And to be honest, he was beginning to come to the conclusion that perhaps it was best not to know.

Blue's initial response did not cause any offense to the male, instead if made the male's tail flick in amusement. He wondered if Lasher had told her about the deer skin they had brought for the children. It was not fame or favor of the Beta pair what he sought by bringing them gifts; it was merely their friendship what he hoped in return.
Finally his eyes had opened to the truth.
The Plateu was his unconditional home, and the members within it his companions --his friends.

As she gave him her most sincere thank-you's the man's tail began to sway to and fro. "I hope ywou like if," He barked through the thick fur, his neck suddenly stretching to lay the precious pelt in the Beta's feet.

"I thought it'd be nice addition to the den Lasher made for you and ... the babies " He barked while giving brief dip of his muzzle before letting his weight fall onto his rump. Speaking of babies was something he had never thought he'd do -- and though it wasn't even of his babies (imagine how wrong that would have gone) he still felt a bit out of his element.
[/size]
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue didn't say much, as she moved. If blue had been privy to his thoughts she would have told him to take it easy. Everyone learned everything they needed to know in time. He would begin to understand eventually, or at least be able to function better around females. Sometimes it just took some maturity or the right femme.

Blue was perfectly happy to call the other wolf her friend. She had seen the deer hide and it was wonderful. However, bear fur would be softer and thicker for little ones and the two together would be lovely for them. I do like it thank you. And I'm sure the little ones will like it too.

Her tail thumped the ground beside her. It will and they will be warm if I should have to leave for a small break. How are you holding up Finn? She did not know all the details, but she knew that Finn had been down a little. She wasn't sure what had happened, but she longed to fix it, just as she wanted to fix everyone's problems if she could.
∞
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini
eep finn is a hard nut to crack :v

[size=small]Once the present had been placed at her feet and the unfamiliarity that hung between one another had been somewhat cleared, Finn was content to engage in a conversation with the Beta, unless of course she would rather go back to rest.With the overwhelming discomfort and aches of pregnancy (not that he would know) it was only natural for the female to want to crawl back into the den and rest.

But, for Blue in particular, it was also natural to worry for others' wellbeing before her own. The next words that flowed of the Beta's mouth were unexpected for the male, who could not help but wonder if everyone's life in the Plateu were seen as some sort of soap opera. He kept his lips tightly sealed, despite the initial shock at the female's untintentionally ill-timed question; but after a few seconds of shrilling silence he decided to speak."I'm doing well. Never been so pleased about being in the Plateu" he barked with a fleeble smile hanging from his lips.
Though he wouldnt go in depht to what had been dragging him down, he did give the Beta a grateful smile -- at least someone other than his bro, Dante, worried about his shredded heart.

"Have you.. thought of names?" he asked suddenly, trying to evade any folow up questions that might arise. Despite her good natured heart and good intentions, Finn could not let her see through his armor yet -- besides, why would they spoil such a nice moment with such bitter nostalgia?
[/size]
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue wouldn't mind returning to her nap. But also she didn't mind continuing this conversation. She liked to get to know her pack mates, after all she was the beta and it was in her best interest to stay informed of such goings on and those that went on.

Truth be told, the plateau did hold more drama than Blue had been expecting. However, she did not mind it so much as long as she wasn't drawn into it to often. She saw nothing wrong with inquiring of the well being of one of her family members. Yes the Plateau is doing well I do love it here. I am glad you have found yourself comfortable and happy among us Finn. She let the matter drop, clearly he did not want to answer and she wasn't going to force the issue, but she hoped he knew if he ever wanted to speak. She would be more than willing to listen.

Blue shook her head No we haven't not really. Although I do plan to give them Lasher's last name. I think he deserves that honor for not only making beautiful children with me, but for being so loving and kind to those around him. I hope to name them with him, when they come.
∞
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini

[size=small]Positioning himself in the spotlight during the conversation had been the go to method when approaching females during his first, and good chunk of second year of life. However, this was far from being a situation similar to those of the past, and because of this he refused to take his recurrent role as focus. For now, and maybe for the first time in a long time, Finn was content to fall into the sidelines -- at least until the sting and sour taste of his dissapointment was washed off his mouth and his unfortunate love misconception flew off the radar.

"I am glad I found this pack too," he barked, dedicating the expecting healer a wide smile before flicking one of his ears back and cupping it forwards again, just in time to hear the Beta's response to his previous question. The fact that the children she beared would carry his last name made the young Gamma blink blankly for a couple of seconds before forcing up an answer of his own up his throat.

"That's really nice -- what is his last name again?" he asked, his mind incohorently wondering about his own last name, which belonged solely to his mother. The lack of a parental figure in his life had not been excempt of going unnoticed, with only hearing his name and his mother's name one could tell so.
[/size]
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue was not used to talking about herself as others were. She much preferred to talk to others about themselves and shared interests or just tell stories. Or share her knowledge of herb lore among other things. She felt bad that the other did not wish to speak of his problems. But she also knew that some were supposed to be private.

Blue chuckled His last name is Mayfair. She shook her head in mirth. She was glad the male had joined them too. She did not know him well, but what she had seen so far, was good. He was carving his very own niche into the pack and her family .She just hoped he would stay, so many left them so much.
∞
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini

[size=small]Suddenly, the conversation he had been so eager to engage had ran dry.
Despite the fact that Finn's own question didn't give much room for a lengthy answer, the quickness with which the Healer responded made the Ollivander feel a bit guilty of how stale it had all became. "Well, it is needless to say I wish you.. What a safe birthing? That didn't sound right. Oblivious to the risks he had made his own mother endure with his own birth, the inexperienced male hesitated before continuing.

"I hope it all goes well, for you and the children" he finally concluded, wanting to throw in Lasher's name in there too but holding back thoughtfully. The reason why they had mated without really holding said title was still not as clear to him so he decided not to make any mention of it.
The Plateau's soap operas and dramas were something he had fallen behind on, and honestly did not want to catch up to anymore.

"I'll can serve as your delivery guy for as long as you need" he then suggested, motioning to the pelt laying at the woman's feet. "Food or whatever -- ring up if you need me" he added with a mischiveous smirk climbing on his face. While he wouldn't actively seek a job as a babysitter, he wanted the Beta to know that unlike those that had left and frowned upon her decision, she had him at his service.
[/size]
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue was not used to awkward conversations, perhaps she was losing her edge. Once upon a time she could speak with another for hours. Granted that had been mostly Peregrine and Atticus, and she could speak with Osprey and Lasher for a long time. But that was mostly it. Granted she had her good days, where she could be long winded about so much. Perhaps as she aged she was destined to become like her mother, more of an observer than a talker, unlike her father. Oh how she missed that man. She raised a brow at his words, mirth tickling at the corners of her maw.

Thank you I hope so too. I am healthy and Lasher is healthy they should do well. She did not voice that she feared sometimes that they wouldn't do well, or that she would lose one or two of them. She still did not quite know how many were there hidden and nestled so safely in her womb. Blue would have gladly explained herself and Lasher's arrangement, if only asked. And they loved each other, they were just not traditionalists and being that Lasher liked to play both sides of the fence, well tradition tended to be a back burner thing.

Blue smiled Why thank you Finn. Though Lasher takes very good care of me and his children. Perhaps though if it is not to much trouble, you could visit to speak with me now and then. I find i crave conversation, and being that I am large and in charge I can't go and seek it out. She jested about the large part.
∞
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini
loved this thread to bits! wrap up?

[size=small] It was not the sudden silence or the female's short responses what made the conversation awkward. It was Finn's own inexperience what did. While the prospect of passing down his lineage had always been latent in his mind -- as it was only natural for wolves, especially males-- he now questioned himself, not on whether he still wanted it, but why he did. Though Blue and Lasher were living proof that love between one another wasn't crucial, he the secretly sensitive Ollivander liked to think it was an important fact.

"I'm sure they will" he woofed reasurringly, flashing one of his trademark movie star smiles in her direction. While he was able to forsee the future, he would be one to actively seek this affirmation as truth. With Dante's rule and the whole pack contributing, there should be no reason why the Plateau's new brood should not thrive.

He held onto his smile until the female spoke again, this time thanking him for his offer but also suggesting that instead of food he should gift her with his company. "I will gladly come by then!" he barked, his tail thumping against the ground. While he was, in all honesty, a bit terrified by the idea of being near the tiny creatures that would soon be born, he had no objections against visiting the healer.

[/size]
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
[size=x-small]aww i loved it too and yes lets[/size]

Blue herself had once upon a time, thought love was important, but a different kind of love. However, she had found that even a love for a friend could make magic. Granted there was much more to her and Lasher now, a deeper connection and a deeper love, but they were still friends.

She chuckled at his smiles, she imagined he made the younger girls swoon. She herself had never been one to put much stock in a pretty face. Atticus and Lasher were both beautiful men, and she would be remiss if she didn't admit that. However, she did not swoon.

She returned the tail wag, i am glad. It is lonely sometimes with no one to talk too.
∞
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini
last post <3

[size=small]Suddenly it was all worth it.
The time, the wait, everything -- even the annoying screeching of the female he had had to confront for the present now laying at Blue's feet. In the moment the dark charcoal female allowed her tail to drum over the ground Finn felt it had all been worth the trouble.
Not only would he walk away with a pleasant sense of pride and recognition by his contribution but also with a new aqcuantaince; a new friend.

"Well believe me you're the pack's hot topic " he barked with a slight wiggle of his eyebrows. While Finn was not an active follower of the pack's gossip it was innevitable not to hear about (let alone notice) the Healer's pregnancy. It was a topic that despite having all members in alert, also had all hearts filled with joy.
"But yeah, I'll definitely show my face around here" he assured once more with a brief, dilligent nod.

"For now I'll let you nap -- test drive your gift" he then commented, noting the tired expression that was masked beneath her eyes. He didn't need to be an expert on pregnancy to know that the Healer needed sleep. Slowly he rose to his paws and only after having pressed his cold nose to the Beta's chin in farwell did he turn to excuse himself from the scene.
He'd be back, but next time not during Mama Bear's Blue's scheduled naptime.

[/size]