Redhawk Caldera fast is good
38 Posts
Ooc — Will
Anyone Theseus hasn't met before?

The gold and gray male was patrolling the borders as usual, even though food was more important in winter, he found himself patrolling more than hunting. He did not know why, nor did he care. Theseus did fill the caches after all, he hunted and did his fair share of work, but he was patrolling more often than usual. It was as if he had a bunch of pent up energy ready to be spent, but had nothing to spend it on.

Just then, something caught his attention and as Theseus moved forward to check it out, he slid on the light layer of snow, lost his balance and tumbled over. Rolling down the hill, the Chinese dug his paws in and finally braked, got on his paws and slid down again, letting out a whoop as he did so.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Elwood was tending to a cache near his den, one that he had recently dug up and begun to fill. There were only a few bones and the leftovers from a rabbit carcass, so he hoped to add more to it soon. Carefully, he used his paws to bury the food; he had placed a few flat rocks over top of it, and now he swept dirt and snow across the stones to conceal them.

A commotion from nearby drew his attention; there was a thump, then the sound of crunching snow, followed by a shout. His ears stood tall on his head as he got to his feet and trotted towards the source of the sound. He drew up short when a blur of two-toned fur careened past him, sliding down the mountainside. "Hey!" he called after the sledding stranger, taking a few big leaps that carried him through the snowdrifts behind the other wolf.
38 Posts
Ooc — Will
Theseus was happily sliding down the hill of snow, occasionally stumbling and nearly falling which just increased the thrill of it. A voice caught his attention, it was unfamiliar and not one that he'd ever heard before. But the scent he caught was strongly Caldera, which meant a packmate he had yet to meet. But it was too much fun to stop now, and seeing the end was near. Like the end of the hillside, not like the end of his life. Bro, this could be seriously confusing sometimes.

The two toned male braked expertly at the bottom of the mountain, a wide grin spreading across his features as he shook the snow from his fur and turned around to greet whoever called out. It was indeed someone he had not met before and wondered immediately if he was of high rank. "Yo, whatsup dude!" he grinned, not really caring unless the other wolf demanded respect like Finley did. "Great ride wasn't it?"
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Elwood raced down the hill behind his packmate, gaining speed as he descended. He didn't lose his footing and start to tumble like the other male, but the sting of the frigid air on his cheeks was exhilarating. Soon, they reached the bottom, and he slowed his pace, halting next to his companion. Small snowballs clung to the fur on his belly and legs, collected from the deep powder he had just surfed through.

He grinned his tail waving as he responded to the uniquely-colored male. "That was awesome; I think I want to go back to the top and try your technique," he said, glancing over his shoulder to the top of the ridge. Swimming back up through the snow would be difficult but not impossible, so he hoped this fellow was game. If not, he'd be sledding on his own. "I'm Elwood, by the way. You up for another round?"
38 Posts
Ooc — Will
"That was awesome; I think I want to go back to the top and try your technique," Theseus laughed, bright aqua eyes twinkling in delight. This was one thing he loved about winter, the snow and the smooth white hills, sledding was fun and it couldn't really be done on grass could it? The gray male introduced himself, saying he was Elwood and asking if Theseus was up for another round which he answered with a mischievous smirk.

"Course I am!" the Chinese said energetically and turned to try to make his way back up, paws digging into the snow. Twisting his head over his shoulder, he yelled back "I'm Theseus by the way! Nice to meet a new packmate!"
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
He was glad that his companion was willing to join him, so without any hesitation, Elwood began making his way back up the hill. They battled their way through the deep snow, and Elwood found that taking large leaps was efficient yet tiring. The other wolf introduced himself midway up the slope, to which he called back, "Great to meet you, Theseus! I'm Elwood."

Finally, they reached their destination, and Elwood turned to look down at what would become their slide. The snow was indented in places where Theseus had tumbled down a few minutes ago, but he wondered if a few runs would make it slick enough to go really fast. Glancing at his comrade, he grinned and said, "On the count of three? You can do the honors."
38 Posts
Ooc — Will
"Sup Elwood!" Theseus called, flashing his companion another grin as they continued to battle their way upwards. Finally, they reached the top and the bi colored male turned to look at the slope, already anticipating the slide down. "On the count of three? You can do the honors." The Chinese got ready, aqua eyes flashing as he yelled "Three, two, one. Go!" and leaped down the slope. The second time was just as fun as before, the second time on this slope at least. Theseus had gone sledding more than once in the short life he had, after all, no one had lived before they slid and fell down a snowy slope.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Edited in a conclusion on 2/29. :) Let me know if you want to revive it at any point!

Elwood waited for Theseus to initiate the countdown, flexing his paws eagerly in the snow. Three...two...one... And then they were off.

The Beta gave a great thrust with his hind legs, rocketing himself forward. He then extended his forelegs so that his belly skimmed across the slick powder. The ride was bumpy at first, but he soon found himself on the path that Theseus had left from his first route.

When he reached the bottom of the incline, gravity helped to slow him down, and he spun to a stop with a triumphant shout. "That was great!" he cried, looking around to see where Theseus had landed.

The two wolves spent the next hour or so clambering back up the hill just to slide down again. When they were finally exhausted, they called it quits and parted from each other's company, both grinning and out of breath.