Emberwood pretty in punk
girl-gang boss princess
284 Posts
Ooc — Mini
a potential fight thread ;)
Perhaps. . @summer ?

[size=large]"lights will guide you home, and ignite your bones"[/size]

[size=small]With the days never seeming to get warmer, the fiery child was slowly growing tired of the monotony that weighed upon the Glacier. Maera was not a chameleon that adapted to her surrounding with ease but she was not a rock that could forever remain unchanged. So with her tail raised over her back and not a care tainting her mind she walked out of the realms of Duskfire.

This was not the first time the girl had ventured out, and nor would it be the last.
Still,she was fairly certain that she wouldn't be able to leave the place she had known as home with the ease her father had, the idea of going a bit further still excited her. In her veins there were faint traces of Njal's eternal wanderlust. A wanderlust that would perhaps overule her stubborness in years to come.

For now, however, it was another type of lust that ran through her system.
Not a carnal one [size=xx-small](omfg ew boys)[/size], but a passionate one.
Since her first 'official' spar session with the fierce Amazon, the juvenile's heart had been craving the physical contact and emotional ecstacy a battle brought.
So without much delicacy or concern, she stomped through the Emberwood, looking for trouble but praying for disaster.
[/SIZE]
[Image: girl_gang.png]
i am the storm.
373 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
EEEE! <3

Summer had never before realized it (and even now, he had no clue), but he too was afflicted with the tendency towards wanderlust stemming from his own family. Dhani had likely been the worst offender in the Ostrega line since his older brother, Mixik. He'd spent nearly his entire life wandering from place to place, pack to pack since leaving the little Woods in the Salvajes when he was Summer's age. God only knows what Mixik ever did with himself. It seemed that when an Ostrega got the bug, they got it hard. though Summer was only travelling a few hours outside of his pack's territory, the fact that he was doing so after having just returned home from a long, long trip made it evident that not even the young homebody was fully immune.

It had been quite a while since he'd journeyed to the quiet woods beside the lake. Looking back, it seemed like years and years. That was back before he'd even met Magpie - ahh... Magpie... With her shining green eyes and beautiful, lush black and white coat and.... - We'll stop there. Just know, that went on for a while in his head as he walked. What drew him there now was a longing for some privacy, for he remembered it being somewhat withdrawn from other packs and rather empty. Now beneath its bare trees, peering down at the river that twisted through a deep ravine at the forest's edge, it seemed somehow barren. Just what he'd wanted.

But, in the end, not what he actually got.

The sound of crunching snow beneath the falls of wolf paws caught his attention as he walked. The yearling turned to peer through the white tree trunks, curious as to who it was that he shared this quiet place with. After a moment, he picked up his own paws to step quietly through the snow, bright eyes peering, searching for the stranger. Finally, his gaze landed upon red, flashing between the white trees like the blink of a traffic light on a lonely street late at night. Intrigued, he followed along parallel, squinting to try and catch a real glimpse of the ginger-pelted wolf so that he could determine if it was even a wolf at all.
Open for Commissions! PM me for more info :)
girl-gang boss princess
284 Posts
Ooc — Mini
awkward af

[size=small]While the scenery painted nostalgia and other feelings in the young male's mind, to Maera all of this was lost. Despite the fact she held on the idea of pursuing the career of a Naturalist she took little interest for the maze-like path the trees formed in front of her. All she wanted was to break something, preferably not her own bones.

With her tail still swinging wildly behind her and her tongue beginning to slide from the corner of her mouth the young adolescent began to trample a small snow mound, falling unconciously into a vaguely familiar scene of her childhood. Again Maera was shoving her snout into the compact mix as her paws worked ardously on it.
It was a reminiscing moment that sadly did not last.
Despite having Maera as the protagonist once again all other aspects of the original scene were brutally shoved out the window.
All cuteness and innocence were lost somewhere along the journey, perhaphs gone with her father or maybe furter back, stolen by the lynx along with her brother.
Wherever it was now it did not matter, for like them, it wouldn't return.

After the cold-blooded lol murder the flame pulled away from the scene, falling back into a rythmical motion that would soon be interrupted by a much more interesting, more lively opponent. From the corner of her eye she caught a glimpse of black. She halted into a brusque stop and narrowed her eyes, for she too was wondering if the observer was one of her own kind too.
Pleased to see that he indeed was, she allowed herself to stray closer, her tail adopting a dominant pose she secretly (and shamelessly) liked to use on some of the youths back at the Glacier.

"You look breakable" she mused, scanning her eyes over his body without the slightest tinge of discretion. To be fair, he looked really breakable.. whatever that would mean.
While her parents had put a great effort to educate her and her siblings as well as they could, Maera's unrefined manners which I blame Danica for<3 still prevailed. The teen remained silent for a brief second, waiting for the male to react in some sort of way while she thought of a more fitting way to propose a battle without coming off like too much of a psycho.

Was there any etiquette rule one should follow to suggest a fight?
"You wanna start a fight or nah?" she then blurted, her shoulders shrugging non-chalantly as she spoke.
There.

[/SIZE]
i am the storm.
373 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Summer persisted in his pursuit and soon he was rewarded with setting his gaze upon the fiery sylph. She was young, younger than him though not by too much. Hers was a pelt all flame and ash woven nearly around her sturdy frame. She had a sweet face with eyes the color if a tranquil forest. We're it not for the words that spilled from her sharp muzzle, he would have guessed her personality was just as serene as her angelic features suggested. He was quick to chide himself for falling victim to the impression, for it was quite obvious that her spirit was of fire and brimstone like the shades the sweetness was buried beneath.

The yearling furrowed his brows as she called him breakable. He'd never really considered himself such before but he supposed he was. Whether or not he truly looked it was something else entirely... "what would I want to fight you for?" he asked, his head tilting slightly to one side. There was nothing he wanted from her, nor any offense she had given him.[/b]
girl-gang boss princess
284 Posts
Ooc — Mini

[size=small]Never had Maera thought that her simple comment would hide such a psychological meaning underneath. While she ignored and blatantly not cared if the male was indeed fragile in his spirit, she threw a smile in his direction as the male's brows furrowed in throught. She had little knowledge of the masculine mind, let alone one of a teenager as her, thus she simply waited to see his reacting before adding anything else to her already, suggestive introduction and invitation.

To her surpise, but not entirely out of her expectation, he didn't inmediately agree, instead he questioned the motives of her proposition, something that made Maera sigh exaggerately. While she had often questioned the world with a big fat why, right now she thought explanations could be spared. "You got something better to do?" she asked, not answering his question but instead retaliating his as if it were her first attack. She raised her brow dubiously as if to add incredulity and even a little mock to her tone.
She certaintly didn't so...

Her eyes stared directly into his as she continued to scheme a way to make the guy oblige to her wishes. She wanted a wrestling buddy was that too much to ask?
"If it's because you're scared I promise I'll go soft on ya" she taunted, raising and arching the tip of her tail over her back as she again cupped her ears and awaited for his reaction.[/SIZE]
i am the storm.
373 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
The flaming sylph was not to be deterred from her belligerent agenda. Summer eyed her silently as she challenged him again. Of course he had better things to do than get into a fight. Hunting for one. He could go back to the Spire and do a round of border checking. Hell, he could hunker down at the lake nearby and do some ice fishing. All seemed like much better alternatives to getting into a spar with a complete stranger, especially one younger and more fragile-appearing than the large, black wolf who was built more like a brick wall than an actual canine.

"I do admit, I am a little scared," he murmured, quirking a brow at her. In spite of her complete serious and angry demeanor, he couldn't help the glimmer of humor that sparkled in his eyes very briefly. "But only of what mental illness it is plaguing you that you feel the need to challenge perfect strangers to battles." It was meant in jest. He said it in hopes of breaking this iron exterior of hers. She was far too pretty to look so angry.
girl-gang boss princess
284 Posts
Ooc — Mini
"lights will guide you home, and ignite your bones"

[size=small]He was right in one thing at least.
Maera did not like waiting around -- her patience, since she had been an even smaller child had been pretty limited and as she got older, her fiery spirit became more volatile. Though the angst with which she talked to him was not real, she did really want to fight him. She wanted to fight anyone, and everyone all at once.
As if the endless bottled feelings in her heart weren't enough, the young Sveijarn wanted to fuck the world with her teenage antics.

A rasp of her throat was all he recieved as he finally agreed to play along, admitting that he was scared. Well you should be, she thought, after all, of all the things that had gone wrong in her life they all shared a common factor --her. Maybe it was her that ignited everything she touched; at the slightest provokation she combusted the world around her into ashes.
Maybe she was really flammable.
And now, as he jokingly (but still!) accused her of having some sort of mental disease, he covered himself in gasoline.

"Shut up and fight me" she barked with her now not-so meatball of a nose wriggling impatiently. As she dismissed his joke with a crude snort and a dramatic roll of her eyes.
He had locked himself in the middle of the flames, and he was going to burn down to the ground.
And she'd be the one to do it.

With her lips curling back and her yet-oversized ears flattening against her skull she poised herself for attack, mirroring to close perfection the stance the fierce Amazon, Manauia, had taught her. This was the real test -- even if the fight wasn't supposed to be -- so she had to bring her A game.
This time she wouldn't let her eyes betray her.
With a stare glazed of mischief she locked eyes with the boy, a single message written within her hazel eyes.
Come at me bro. [/SIZE]
i am the storm.
373 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Summer was surprised at just how determined she was for this battle to take place. In spite of his completely neutral stance with her, she remained poised for the attack. It was bewildering, and not for the first time was the Ostrega wondering if he should just turn and walk away.

But then, something clicked. Suddenly, he recognized something in her that he somehow hadn't seen before, even though it was something Summer knew intimately from his own personal experiences that now seemed like a lifetime ago. The black beast took a deep breath as he watched her, his thoughts shifting smoothly through his mind. Then, finally, without a whisper of a warning, the Ostrega's muscles tensed and he sprang at the cinder-pelted sylph with a snarl, aiming his jaws at a rusted shoulder in hopes of grabbing her and moving her into submission.

Summer didn't attack her in an overly violent manner for he still had no desire to hurt her. But if it was a fight she wanted - no, needed - then who was the black knight to deny the distressed damsel?

Do you wanna play in the sparring pits with this? I've never done it before and I have no understanding whatsoever of how it works, but I'm willing to learn if you wanna! It does look like fun once you get the hang of it :D