Redhawk Caldera aftermath
133 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
The casual encounter with Elwood had cast some light on a future Grimm had dramatically dismissed as bleak. She focused less on not being able to have Peregrine and opened herself up to the idea that there were other loves to be had - even if it wasn't Elwood. She grinned and winked whenever they passed each other by, but hadn't worked out how to move forward just yet. Did they reference 'that one time in the woods', or keep silent?

Grimm attended to her duties with renewed gusto, catching vermin for the minor caches she had begun to establish across the forested slopes of the Caldera. The pups weren't born yet, and it would be months before they chewed meat, but she figured it was best to hone those skills before they were needed. Rodent meat was soft, its fibres smaller and easier to digest. Perfect for pups.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Peregrine still couldn't get around much, yet he felt all right taking a slow walk around the caldera's rim today. His shoulders were more stiff than anything, where the wounds had knitted together and formed large scabs. He didn't push himself too hard, though he enjoyed the fresh air and the chance to stretch his legs. The Alpha also looked forward to running into at least one of his pack mates on today's cursory adventure.

That wolf ended up being Grimm. Oblivious to what had transpired and the strange love (or lust) triangle forming between her and his Betas, Peregrine began angling toward her as she worked on padding some of the caches. "Hey, Grimm. Didn't I tell you we needed to catch up as soon as the skunk smell was gone? Well, it's been gone a while," he scolded her playfully. They'd lost so many members, he was just grateful she was still around. "What have you been up to?"
133 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Speak of the devil. Grimm ceased her beavering and whirled to see Peregrine approach her, moving slowly but with purpose. Her heart still fluttered at the sight of him, but now she could anchor it in the knowledge that the feeling might one day fade. That felt good.

"If it isn't the man himself!" she barked. News of Peregrine's injury had reached her, and had she not been so besotted with him, it would have been a good opportunity to work towards a more noble trade than stashing rotten meat. He scolded, she grinned, tail fanning behind her. "Damn - didn't Elwood tell you that I was being fabulous? I could've sworn that's what he wrote on his evaluation sheet." A completely different conversation, but the realization of what she had just said made Grimm blush beneath her fur. "Mostly stashing the caches for your baby-mama. Not long now, right? Still need a sitter?" She might as well have made googly eyes at him and declared 'Anything to be closer to you, sire!'.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Grimm's remarks about Elwood were met with a quizzical look. What did she mean by that? It sounded to him like the two of them might be involved, which didn't sit right with him because... well, he supposed Elwood and Finley weren't actually an item. It was just that he (and Fox... and everybody else...) had always expected those two to magically end up together at some point. Here was possible evidence that a fairytale ending might not happen.

Before he could ask, Grimm said something else, which was a little more important than pack gossip. "She'll give birth in a few weeks," he confirmed with a switch of his black tail, "and we'll always need those. Two of our would-be Caretakers bailed. Somnia's going to be great but, like I said, we could always use an extra set of helping hands. Thanks for doing that, by the way," he added, referring to the stockpiles.

"What did you mean about Elwood and evaluation sheets?" he queried. He wanted to get to know Grimm better and he reasoned that this subject would probably get to the heart of the matter more than a vapid round of twenty questions ever would.
133 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Grimm nodded enthusiastically. Puppysitter had been the direct opposite of her dream job when arriving at the Caldera, but old habits die hard. She was a good sitter, and time away from her own family had made her realize that no matter how hard she wished to be a bad-ass Warden or Warrior, her strengths and passions lay firmly in the care and resource departments.

To Peregrine's question she offered a convincing shrug and a shake of her head. "He was doing the rounds whilst you were off your feet, checking up on us all. Beta stuff. I told him that if he was submitting evaluations to you, mine ought to be glowing after all the rodent-hunting I've been doing." She paused, mind drifting to the bright edge of the memory she had created with Elwood not 24 hours prior. It softened the bright, puppy-ish glow in her eyes. "Elwood's really nice," she offered, more to herself than to Peregrine.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Her explanation made him wonder why he'd read way too much into her original comment. With that said, he felt relieved, if only on Finley's behalf. He really had no idea how his Betas felt about each other but they seemed really close. If he had had time to sit and think about it, he would have been able to conjure up at least half a dozen moments where one, the other or both of them made some indication that there was something between them. If there was something there, he didn't want Grimm or anyone else to mess it up...

But there was no indication of that, except for Grimm's second statement, which was about as generic as they came. Peregrine said, "Yeah, he is. Are the two of you...?" He trailed off, letting her fill in the blanks with whatever her first natural reaction might be. He maintained a casual, uninvested expression.
133 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
"Yeah, he is. Are the two of you...?"

"Hm? Oh-" A flutter of panic tickled Grimm's insides, but she was an experienced bender of truth. Emotionally, there was nothing in particular going on between her and the pack's Beta male - a physical dalliance did not a relationship make. The dark wolf shook her head again, maintaining steady eye contact with her leader. "Nah, not like that. He's cool to me. I don't know everyone else very well, so it's nice to have a good bud in the making, y'know? Besides, have you seen New Guy?" Meaning Theseus, who she had caught an eyeful of from afar and called in now to build her case against any suspicion Peregrine had that Grimmwood was a thing.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Grimm confirmed that he was entirely overanalyzing things and her direct answer put his mind at ease. He nodded because he basically agreed that Elwood was a really cool guy. He was to be the Alphas' children's uncle. And if things did work out between him and Finley in the end, he would become their godfather. The Alpha male liked that idea and was happy that Grimm wasn't a threat to it.

"New guy? I wasn't aware we had any new guys," he admitted. "I haven't been by the borders much since this happened," he added, gesturing toward his giant scabs. Strangely, Fox hadn't mentioned any new recruits, either. "Who is he?" he demanded perhaps a bit more brusquely than intended, hating that he wasn't as on top of things as usual.
133 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Phew. Alpha successfully distracted.

Grimm didn't even know why she was concealing her recent romp with Elwood, apart from the fact that it didn't really concern her superior what two single, consenting adults got up to. Perhaps because deep down, she had an inkling that Elwood wasn't as unattached as he claimed. Like everyone else, Grimm had noted Betas' closeness, and now she wondered if there was more to it than friendly banter. The thought irritated at her like a pimple forming deep under her skin. Grimm the Homewrecker.

No, surely not. Elwood seemed to know his own mind, and if there was something going on between him and Finley, he wouldn't have exchanged fluids with someone else.

"Golden guy, not sure about his name yet. Tho.. Thissus? Something like that. I'll find out and make him feel more welcome," she promised. "What're we missing in the skills box? Ashton's gone up in smoke, I hear.. Somnia's probably gutted about that."
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
"You mean Theseus?" he guessed. "He isn't new," he added with a shrug, feeling a little relieved, honestly. "I guess being welcoming can't hurt but I'm pretty sure he's been here longer than you. And, ah, yeah... we've lost quite a handful these past few weeks: Siv, Mikael, Tempest, Ashton, Duty, Raissa. Damn," he muttered. It really sounded like a lot of wolves when he listed them like that.

"We could use anything, really, but a Healer would be especially useful right now," he continued in the next breath. Ash had left him high and dry in his time of need. And what if Fox needed medical intervention during or after the birth? "I think that, even with me down for the count, we should be set with Gamekeepers and Wardens. But every little effort helps, of course, like you stocking."

"Somnia's actually holding up pretty well," Peregrine said, circling back to that subject. "She's a strong lady. I know she must be very hurt and worried but she's not letting it get the best of her." He almost told Grimm that Somnia was a firm favorite but stopped himself, realizing how that might go over. The only person he should probably tell that to was Fox and the Gamma herself. She might need that extra confidence boost right about now.

Remembering that he wanted to get better acquainted with Grimm, Peregrine said, "So, you have your eye on Theseus then? He's a good-looking dude but he's never been one to be overly involved in pack life. Actually, I won't be surprised if he sort of fades away, to be perfectly honest. That's what tends to happen: they start showing their faces less and less, then vanish overnight. But not without using our resources first, of course," he said with a slight sourness to his tone. "I'd tell you to look elsewhere, though if you're into guys only, it's slim pickings here these days..."
133 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Grimm 'ooh'-ed at her mistake and nodded, listening with interest to the view from higher up. She had noticed a thinning of the ranks, but to lose so many so close to the birth was not ideal. Especially if they lacked a qualified healer. Grimm briefly considered the plethora of complications she had witnessed during her one and only stint as a birth partner, and grimaced inwardly.

To his question, she shook her head. "Nah, not interested in anything like that." TAKE ME HERE ON THIS BUSH! "Why, are ladies an option?" she grinned good-naturedly, struggling to see the allure. "Is Finley free?"
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
He didn't understand the question, which was probably made obvious when he canted his head and blinked at her. "I don't know—are they?" he asked, tossing the ball right back in her court. When she joked about Finley, he added, "Fin's not into munching carpets, I'm pretty sure. Besides, she and Elwood are kinda sorta not really but hopefully maybe an item?" That just about summed up the nature of their relationship perfectly, actually.

Unaware of the possible effect this information might have on Grimm, Peregrine probed curiously, "Did you know I swing both ways?" Once upon a time, he would have been... not exactly ashamed but certainly shy and hesitant about sharing this facet of himself. But he'd just inferred it—what with his comments about Theseus—and he couldn't help but wonder what Grimm would make of it. And they were supposed to be getting to know one another.
133 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Grimm's mouth became suddenly dry behind her smile. Kinda sorta not really but hopefully maybe an item? But that meant..

Shit. Shitfuckpissballs.

Grimm didn't miss a beat. Her brows rose to form a pleasantly surprised 'totes didn't know that, but I am happy to have received this news' face. "No way, really? Beta-love, cute." She had to find Elwood. In a pack this size, gossip would ruin her - especially if the Alpha supported the relationship she had now intruded on. But on the other hand.. Elwood hadn't said anything. And he didn't seem the type to lie and cheat. Did he even know that the entire pack was shipping Finwood?

Whilst this internal struggle was going on, Grimm tried to maintain the thread of conversation with her Alpha - who was apparently a bi-sexual. Well, it takes all sorts. She blinked at him, momentarily distracted. ".. you mean.. with a dude? How does that work?"
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
He smirked at her question. Why did no one seem to understand how it worked? Was it really that hard to figure out the mechanics? He supposed most wolves' minds immediately went to some version of sword fighting, a thought which made him guffaw quietly to himself.

"Use your imagination," he joked. "So that kind of thing doesn't bother you? Guys on guys and girls on girls and more than one partner per person?" he queried, truly interested to hear her opinions on these matters.
133 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Peregrine just kept the surprises coming. Apparently, he was a bisexual polygamist gender-bender sex-pest with a penchant for pooey peens. Grimm couldn't imagine him on the receiving end of such an entanglement. The thought emasculated him in her eyes, and she quick to bury it.

"I guess not?" Grimm answered, unsure what to make of these Non-Issues that were now being presented to her as distinct lifestyle choices. "I d'no how it'd work with ladies. Do you stick your face in there? Is that even good?" The fact that she was in a position to judge what was and wasn't good was both elating and a little horrifying.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
"Yeah. Haven't you ever licked yourself?" Peregrine replied without missing a beat or batting an eyelash. "It's like that, only better... at least, that's how I imagine it," he continued with an impish twinkle in his eye. It was clear he spent time picturing these types of scenarios—typical dudebro. "You and Fox should experiment on each other, once the pups are born," he hinted. "YOLO! Right?"
133 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Grimm blindly followed Sexy Peregrine into his den of deviousness, staring with wide, captivated eyes as he talked her through the process of self-pleasuring. She could do that to herself? The thought hadn't even occurred to her. Without further ado, Grimm splayed her front legs and put her head in between them, only to remember that she was the wrong gender. On her second attempt, facing discreetly away from Perry, she sat down and raised her white leg high into the air. Second passed. "I guess that would work," she concluded as nonchalantly as possible, marked her internal calendar as Busy for the next four days straight, and stood back up. His mention of Fox had tickled her and - mostly to drag the conversation out - she jested with equalled devilishness: "Why wait? That's one hot preggo mama you've got."

Really? The tiny angel-and-devil Grimm miniatures flipped furiously through their guidebooks in search of something to offer her, but both came up with diddly-squat.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Grimm's actions over the next several moments were incredibly unexpected and mildly awkward, though Peregrine would be a big fat liar if he said he even tried to look away. Not that he could see anything. His brow furrowed as she hid behind her own outstretched leg, her back to him. He could hear, though. He bit his lower lip, wondering if this was crossing a line. Maybe he should ask her to stop—

She whirled around and Peregrine found himself chuckling at her comment, though the next moment, his features straightened and he gave her a pointed look. "No. Until those babies are born and at least weaned, neither one of us needs any distractions. And her bits belong to them right now, not you or me or even her, really." He realized how controlling that sounded only after saying it, though he didn't redact any of it. He was pretty sure Fox would agree, more or less. "After that, though, you two have at it," he added, to make sure Grimm knew he was otherwise supportive.

Now, of course, he was wondering if he could watch or maybe, maybe even participate. Peregrine was pretty sure Fox would never want him sticking it to another woman, though, and... honestly? He sort of liked having just her, even if a MFF (or FMF, ooh la la) threesome would be amazeballs. So, yeah... "Would you care if I watched?"
133 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Peregrine's tone remained casually jovial, but Grimm got the impression that he was dead serious. The fact that he was establishing a timeline for when his wife would be ready to do the deed (or some awkward, tongue-centric permutation of it) with her subordinate was proof enough. And he wanted to be there? Grimm's stomach fluttered at the thought of it, until she remembered that this was an invitation to canoodle with Peregrine's wife, not the wolf himself.

But then, Fox was pretty cool. Straightforward, blunt - and quick to scrap, judging by the multitude of scars she bore. Maybe there was something there. At the very least, Grimm would make an effort to find out - especially if it would please Peregrine, as it seemingly would. She shrugged, nodded, and Grimm-grinned widely at him. "..the more the merrier?"

Elwood who?
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
When she answered, he almost groaned, though he suppressed it. He needed to leave, before this got (any more) inappropriate. He needed to bring it up with Fox, to see if there was any interest there in the first place, then go from there. In the coming days, he would find out that Grimm was already wedged between another leading pair and he would forget about it for a bit... but, eventually, he would remember. How could he forget something like this? And though he was pretty sure he knew the answer, he would have to float the idea about sharing Grimm past his mate, just to see what she thought...

"Cool. Well, we'll have to revisit this when the time's right. For now... I gotta go," Peregrine said, shuffling off scene, partly because of his shoulders but mostly for another, more awkward reason*. "Bye."

* Kat's characters need to stop getting awkward, inappropriate boners on Karm's characters. :/
133 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Peregrine stalked off rather suddenly, leaving a bewildered Grimm to digest what he had said. Did he have his sights set on a harem? Grimm didn't know the word, but the notion of a single male at the centre a pack of swooning girls had occurred to her. She watched her Alpha leave, wondering what kind of life he had lived before settling down to become a father.

Little did Grimm know that she was in the process of becoming Lasher II: LadyLash.

I take it as a compliment. /wipes Bazi's leg