i'm going off the rails on a crazy train
<strong>here is a strange and bitter crop</strong>
308 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Pura was almost constantly hungry. After the thrill of peeling his very first face, ordinary food had lost its appeal. He had tried every novelty meat available from ordinary sources, sampling everything from the pads of rabbits' feet to ox tongue. It wasn't the same.

For that reason, it filled him with with a sense of glee when a night-time patrol along the borders yielded result. There, prowling near the out-most scent markers, was a new pledge. Everything about the wolf's body language said 'I come in peace', but Pura paid that fact no need. Within moments, he had assessed her - young, obviously hungry, with a hopeful look in her eyes and a bright, happy bark to offer him. I'd like to join your pack! I'm good at this and that! Yay!

Without looking to see if anyone was watching, Pura barrelled straight at her - with only one intention.
27 Posts
Ooc — Athena
[size=x-small]Hope you don't mind if I jump in? :)[/size]

The girl was walking through her new Pack lands of the Plateau. It was great to be back into a Pack. Without one, she felt awkward and un-whole. The only one thing that troubled her was that she was the lowest of rankings: Lambada. This girl just couldn't stand to be 'second best'. She always wants to show everyone that she was an authority order. But not for now. Right now she needed to take orders, which she absolutely hated.

She had suddenly saw a pelt in the distance running to, well, she didn't know. She decided to investigate anyways. She darted up to the male and said a simple, "Hello. My name is Lupa."
308 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: This post (and subsequent posts) contains gore.

In the time it took Lupa to traverse the distance between her and Pura, he had not only caught the 'trespasser', but shredded her throat. He executed her with such speed that nary a sound escaped before she was dead, and by the time the unknown wolf drew up beside him, Pura was feasting hungrily on the carcass.

"Hello. My name is Lupa." Her gentle voice was like a shriek to him. Pura twisted his head around to stare up at her from the ground where he had settled, dressed in the blood of his unnatural kill. His paw instinctively went to cover the face of the murdered wolf, and he swiftly, discreetly swallowed the half-chewed hunk of flesh in his mouth. "Trespasser," he lied, staring holes in the wolf that had interrupted him.
27 Posts
Ooc — Athena
The tip of her tail flicked as she saw what he was eating. Unnatural was the first thing that popped in her mind. The fur on her neck prickled a little as he said 'trespasser'. "I believe your mistaken. I'm just new here is all." She knew this man wasn't very happy to see her, but the word 'trespasser' stung her like claws. She was not one to be underestimated. She had come from a Pack that only cared about fighting and survival. Though she was a runt, she was tough, and she hated to be treated like a little pup. One wrong move and she would probably tear him limb from limb, but that would be terrible. The first day of joining and getting kicked out again? Not on her watch.
308 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Incredibly, Lupa didn't seem phased by the fact that he had just murdered and partially eaten one of their own kind - or that she, far out-sized by the titan in front of her, was alone with him. "I believe your mistaken. I'm just new here is all," she told him in a prickly voice, as though they were having polite but slightly awkward tea. It took Pura's hazy mind a moment to understand what she was talking about. He looked from her sour face to his broad paw, which rested heavily over the still staring face of the dead wolf. Oh. "Not you," he corrected gruffly, brows coming together over his eyes. He gave the dead girl's head a hard pat. "This was a trespasser."
27 Posts
Ooc — Athena
She bit onto the side of her cheek in disgust. It wasn't that she was terrified of the scene, she had seen things like this, (but with other animals, like foxes) it was just that she felt bad for both the dead wolf, and Pura. Obviously, he was starving, but is hunger probably drove him mad. Her thoughts spilled out, "But why kill him over it?" Ok, maybe she was a bit traumatized, for that could be her at any second, but when it came to size and strength, she was winning.
308 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Her face changed, but Pura could not discern her expression. "Her. That's what you're supposed to do," he informed her dully, breaking eye contact in order to stand and dragging his paw reluctantly away from the still warm cheek of his victim. The action closed her staring eye, and were it not for her throat, which was hanging on by threads of sinew and a crushed rings of oesophageal cartilage, she might have been sleeping.

Pura bent down and seized the body by its still sturdy scruff. "I will bury it," he informed his pack-mate through clenched teeth. "You can help," he offered experimentally, "If you want to."
27 Posts
Ooc — Athena
She was surprised to hear this. After he had been caught red-handed, she assumed that he would want to be alone. But if he offered her to come with him, then she would be happy too. "Sure, as long as I don't end up on the menu!" she said sarcastically. She didn't want anything to get more awkward. "I think we got off on the wrong foot. What's your name?"
308 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
"Sure, as long as I don't end up on the menu!" she... joked? Was that good? Pura couldn't tell, and continued to eye the girl warily. His thick limbs were primed for flight lest a bulb should go off in her brain and the true nature of his crime became apparent to her. But nothing happened. Instead, she asked his name. In his surprise, Pura lost hold of the dead wolf's scruff and the body dropped unceremoniously to the ground.

"Pura," the titan answered slowly, staring at her with renewed interest. If she simply didn't mind what he was doing, then perhaps there was a friend to make here. Lupa, he remembered suddenly, and repeated this fact to her. "You are Lupa, and you are new." As if she didn't know - but that was the extent of Pura's social skills.
27 Posts
Ooc — Athena
[size=x-small]Sorry it's so small damn small XD[/size]

Clearly, the gray-blue man, known as Pura, didn't really know good language. But she didn't mind. She wasn't to judge. She didn't want to make him feel uncomfortable, so she put on a smile and said, "And don't worry Pura, I won't tell anyone."
She then picked up the dead carcass and muffled, "We best get rid of this." As much as it was wrong to kill the wolf, she still didn't want Pura to be in any trouble. She had got chased out of her Pack for a reason she wasn't sure of. All she knew was that she got chased out for no reason, and she never wanted to see them again. She stood up and started walking toward the border of the territory. She looked around, hoping she wouldn't get caught, then looked backwards to se if the boy was following.
308 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Lupa seized upon the role of criminal accomplice with both paws. Pura could hardly believe his luck. He begrudgingly allowed her to drag the kill away. The boy was not stupid - she was his insurance policy. Even if someone unearthed the body before it started to decay, her scent would be smeared all over it and not his.

The freckled boy made a move to follow after her, but stumbled in a way that suggested he had injured himself in the brief fight. "My paw," he called to her, hobbling to catch up as she made slow progress in the direction of the river and soft earth. Pura would not be doing any digging today.
27 Posts
Ooc — Athena
[size=xx-small]Last post for me! Thanks for the thread[/size]

When she reached the river she looked backwards at Pura and muffled, "Oh, that's ok. I'll dig. Just watch my back." She looked back and dropped the body on the ground. She started digging rapidly: left right. left right. She knew that she was putting herself in danger, but hey. Sacrificing herself for another's will, she would do that in a heartbeat. She was born to do that, but framing herself for murder just made her uneasy. She had just gotten into the Pack, and now she was already stirring up trouble. But trouble was her middle name. She loved just being a troublemaker. When she had dug a deep enough hole, she dropped the wolf into the mud and covered it in dirt. "There we go. Hopefully the water will drown out the sent. And maybe the mud will harden." She looked over at Pura, "We should hang out more often. Your pretty cool!" She smiled and started to walk off. But before she disappeared, she turned around and said "Goodbye! Make sure you don't get caught doin' something stupid!" She was half joking, half serious. She didn't a
want him to get busted by the wrong wolf. He was lucky she didn't care about what he did. If anyone else caught him, they would chase him out for sure.
308 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Pura watched. She made short work of the burial despite the cold earth, covering the dead wolf with mud and rubble. When she was done, Lupa made a triumphant declaration and looked over to the wolf she had so unwisely decided to befriend. Pretty cool. It wasn't a word anyone else in the pack had ever used to describe Pura.

He just nodded at the girl when she made her enthusiastic exit, flouncing away from the dark encounter like a child leaving its first successful play-date. The earth lay black and fresh at his feet, and a thread of saliva reached for the ground to mourn the loss of a perfectly good meal. This one hadn't even been sick.

Without so much as a hint of a limp, Pura made his way back to the Plateau.

You too!