Blacktail Deer Plateau As we go on, we remember all the times we had together
812 Posts
Ooc —
It was good to get away, if only for a little while. Junior enjoyed the road, as well as the solitude. She looked forward to catching up with her loved ones and seeing her old, familiar homestead. She was grateful for the break from the daily grind as the Beta of Thief River Falls and even from Swordfish. Junior had the perfect life now and she knew it, though there was still a thread of restlessness in her heart and an itch in her feet. This trip, while made for a very distinct reason, was a wonderful opportunity to stretch her legs in that regard.

By the time she drew up in the plateau's shadow, her heart was beating rapidly in her chest. Junior sniffed the air, a grin spreading across her face when she smelled the familiar scents of @Dante, Blue Willow (sorry, can't tag you), @Saena, @Pura and others. She knew some of them probably wouldn't be happy to see her, yet she took a deep breath and savored the accompanying nostalgia. She detected no trace of Tytonidae, which saddened but did not surprise her.

After basking for a moment, the scarred yearling tipped back her head and announced her presence with a howled message: "It's me, Junior! I just came to say 'hi' and to celebrate our birthday!" That latter part was directed at her siblings. She wasn't sure of their exact birthdays but she knew they were all about to turn one year old (if they hadn't already). It was the main reason she had temporarily left the falls to come here: to celebrate and catch up with her brother and sisters. And the timing couldn't be more perfect; spring was definitely in the air.

She knew Swordfish had seen Saena during his trip here during winter -- back before the two of them had become mates, she noted with a faint smile -- but Junior didn't know whether her sister had told anyone else. Perhaps today she would get to give the rest of her family closure. The svelte black she-wolf looked down at her healed legs, then blinked up again at the jutting plateau, then patiently folded herself onto her black haunches to wait.

Title lyrics from this song. :')
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Spring had sprung, and its coming brought a bounce to Saena's step. Despite the fact that they were harbouring an illegitimately pregnant female (her irresponsible, selfish aunt, no less), Blacktail Deer Plateau was doing better than ever, and the wolves were strong and mostly united. Unfortunately, she'd seen neither hide nor hair of Pura or Valtyr in some time, which accounted for the less united members, but she was integrating with the adults, which took her mind off it. Sometimes, she even forgot about her age mates, and often wound up feeling guilty for moving on without them so easily.

She was on one such guilty trip to find the red-eared Sveijarn when a familiar, yet unexpected call pierced the air. Admittedly, Saena had forgotten all about Swordfish and the news of Junior. Ever since learning that her sister was miles away, the Blacktail had put a great deal of effort into filling the void in her heart by striving to be more like Junior. She felt she was succeeding despite the setbacks she encountered on a weekly basis. So focused was she on conducting herself more confidently, like her spunky sister always had, that she'd almost convinced herself she'd never see Junior again.

Realizing she was standing completely still, the pale female whirled on her paws and galloped for the borders, heart in her throat. She didn't dare to believe that Junior was really back, and even went so far as to talk herself out of it and slowed down... but when she glimpsed the larger black female through the trees and caught sight of those dual-toned eyes, there was no mistake, and soon she was running again, right down the towpath.

"Junior!" Saena practically squealed, flinging herself out into the flatlands and toward her older sister. She sought to cuddle right up to her, to take in her scent and restore the musk of the plateau to her coat. "I knew you'd come back!" she said. Even though she had forgotten about it for a while, she had believed, back when Swordfish came to her, that Junior wouldn't stay away forever.
812 Posts
Ooc —
Others are welcome to pop in at any time! :)

A white figure appeared at the head of the old towpath and Junior whined under her breath as she slowly rose to her feet. As Saena galloped down toward her, Junior ran to meet her sister. Her mismatched eyes momentarily went wide at the sight of Saena's docked tail, though soon they were tangled in a wolfish embrace. While the more petite of the two Blacktails pressed up against her sister, Junior planted sisterly kisses on any part of Saena she could reach: her forehead, her cheeks, her jaw...

"Holy shit, I've missed you! What the fuck happened to your tail?" the larger of the two asked breathlessly. "It's so good to see you, even if you're a half ass now," she teased, eyes warm and dancing as she took a moment to just stare happily into Saena's face, as if memorizing it all over again.
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
The two wolves collided and Saena whined happily, pressing her nose affectionately into Junior's neck and preening the fur there even as the other spoke over her head. The stump of her tail was shaking wildly, and in fact, she'd forgotten all about the fact that it was missing half its length until Junior pointed it out. As though realizing this for the first time, she glanced back at her hindquarters, then snorted. "Dude, we have a cannibal problem 'round here and one of them ripped it off. I think he ate it." The more she thought about it, the more disgusting that was. Who the fuck ate something made primarily of fur?

"I called him a sick fuck, so I probably had it coming," she admitted with a sheepish smirk. "But Aunt Willow took good care of it. I don't even notice it." Sighing and putting that topic aside, she breathed, "God, it's good to see you too! I've missed you like crazy!" Okay, well, she'd been busy lately and hadn't thought a lot about any of her siblings, but it was rushing back now. She could barely keep happy little tears from pricking her eyes. "How are you?"

Part of her wanted to ask about the guy who had come to visit too, but Saena didn't think he was terribly important. She couldn't even really remember his name, though she did remember it was something fancy. Swordfish was just a messenger, anyway; Junior was far more significant, and Saena wanted to hear all about it.
812 Posts
Ooc —
Junior's ears slicked backward at the mention of a cannibal. She studied Saena's face, wondering if it was a joke, yet her stump of a tail was no laughing matter. She drew back to peer at it momentarily. It wasn't ugly -- not like the scars all over her own forelegs -- but it was definitely different. How did her sister convey body language properly, she wondered, though she didn't ask just now.

"Oh, I miss her," the yearling breathed at the mention of Blue Willow. "I bet she hates my ass, though. I bet they all do. They probably think I ran away on purpose because I was mad. I didn't, though. Swordfish told you the whole story, right?" she asked, two-boned eyes cutting worriedly to Saena's patchy face.

But Saena had asked a question. Junior took a deep breath, smiled and replied, "Good, good. I feel like I finally found peace -- and maturity -- in Thief River Falls," she said with a light laugh. "I, uh, actually... y'know Swordfish? We're kind of... mates. We're actually the Beta pair of the pack," she reported, almost sheepishly, black tail fanning the air. "I couldn't ask for more," she said, a peculiar look flashing across her face so quickly that Saena might not even have noticed.

"What about you?" she asked in the next breath, lifting a paw to playfully shove Saena's white shoulder blade. "Happy birthday, by the way! That's why I came here and I wanted to say it before I forget," she quipped with a chortle.
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Saena knitted her brows together when Junior started talking about Blue Willow hating her. She didn't think their aunt was capable of hating anybody. It certainly didn't seem like it, lately. Even in circumstances where it was pretty justified, Blue Willow was always the picture of a polite, forgiving lady, very unlike Saena most days. In fact, the Blacktail couldn't possibly fathom being that sort of wolf. The very thought of treating Koda like a comrade churned her stomach, and though she hadn't said anything of the sort out loud, she was appalled about Osprey.

"I doubt anyone hates you," Saena said, then admitted, "I thought you ran off at first. I actually tore Dante a new one. But then Swordfish showed up and yeah, he told me everything. I can't believe you went down into that tiny cave!" she playfully reprimanded, though there was a slightly serious undercurrent in there somewhere. "We could barely fit when we were little!" It was neither here nor there now, though, so she eagerly listened as Junior told her story.

Her jaw fell open a little when Junior mentioned Swordfish, and a little more when she said she was a Beta. She was admittedly a little envious, but she was more happy for her sister than anything, which surprised her. "Wow, Junior that's awesome. But a mate? Gross." She was mostly kidding and grinned cheekily, flicking the stump of her tail back and forth and letting her ears fall to the sides in a relaxed manner. "God, you're so... adult. Yuck! I can't imagine falling in love with anyone. Did it... did it hurt?" She remembered Blue Willow's explanation and couldn't help but wince.

"Oh my god, I forgot. Happy birthday! I wish Pura was here, too, I dunno where he is... and I haven't heard from Ty at all." Not really understanding just how significant their first birthday was, Saena addressed the other question, at first wanting to say everything was great but realizing that it really wasn't. "Everything here is pretty... well, to be honest, it's pretty fucked up." That probably wasn't what Junior was expecting to hear, so she was quick to elaborate. "I'm a Gamekeeper now, and a little while ago, we had a pack hunt. Well I got kicked trying to take a chunk out of the deer's side, and some dickhead—Koda or whoever—called me an idiot and basically said women have no right to hunt! He still lives here, by the way," she added, clearly displeased by the way that situation had been handled and hoping her sister, like their father, would agree. "Well he came by me and Aunt Willow not long ago, and I thought he'd apologize for being a total prick, but you know what he did? He totally ignored me and just talked to Aunt Willow like he hadn't been a complete jerk!

And Aunt Willow had puppies, and they're super cute. That's pretty much the only good thing that's happened lately, though. Do you remember Aunt Osprey?" Now her voice was laced with a mixture of scorn and disbelief. "She did that thing women do where they can get pregnant, and I tried to challenge her to stop her from trying to have babies, because Aunt Willow's babies need the resources, and apparently she just went off into the wilderness somewhere and got knocked up by some total stranger! Without permission!" Can you believe that? her eyes said. "Yeah! And she's still here, too, it's like no one cares that she broke the biggest rule in the entire world."

Stopping in her lengthy ramble to breathe, the girl closed her indigo eyes and shook her head slowly. "Y'know, lately I've wanted to become an Alpha here. I've been working really, really hard, too. Only a few of them seem to notice, though, and... to be totally honest with you, I'm not sure I want to anymore. I'm not sure I even want to be here anymore. They don't give a shit about anyone breaking huge rules or straight up insulting contributing members of their pack, and it's just ridiculous after how they chewed you out for... well, that day. It sounds like you're in a way better place, though. Maybe I should get away from here, too, maybe it'd help me grow up more. They're just... they're too damn nice."

Finally, chewing on her lip, Saena glanced up and sought her sister's eyes, then said, "I talked to dad a little while ago. I still think he's a total dick," she quickly added, in case Junior's wounds were still raw, "but he seemed to regret what he'd done to us. I thought you should know that."
812 Posts
Ooc —
Junior smiled with sheepish appreciation at Saena's reassurance and well-meaning reprimand. When her sister launched into what sounded like the beginning of a long update, she eased back onto her haunches again, cocking her head and giving the petite she-wolf her full attention. She decided not to speak or otherwise interrupt with comments or questions, at least until Saena addressed her specifically.

"Did... what hurt?" she asked, quirking her eyebrows and trying not to laugh. "Like, mating?" she guessed, chewing thoughtfully on the inside of her cheek. "Truthfully? A little bit. But it feels good too, sometimes." She shrugged. Junior had found she could take it or leave it when it came to sex. "It is a bit weird," she admitted, exchanging a conspiratorial look with her sister.

She fell silent again when Saena described a situation with someone named Koda. Junior couldn't quite recall if she knew him. Her lips drew into a frown at his treatment of Saena. It sort of made her think of the situation with Finley. Blue Willow always gave everyone the benefit of the doubt. It was a good trait, she supposed, but it was difficult when the Healer did not immediately take her loved ones' side.

"He sounds like a douchecanoe. You should kick him out yourself," she said with a faint smirk. "Don't do that," she added just as quickly. She didn't want Saena to go through what she had when she'd taken matters into her own hands with Finley. Despite everything being fucked up according to her, Saena had built a life for herself here. There was no need to do anything to risk ruining it.

"Oh!" was Junior's only reply to the news of Blue Willow's puppies. But Saena hardly lingered on the topic, which was actually fine with her; she was happy for the Healer but wasn't much interested in babies. Her sister quickly launched into a description of their Aunt Osprey's misdeeds instead. She was pregnant, evidently by some faceless stranger. Junior's lips formed into an o at this unexpectedly controversial news. She didn't know what to make of it, though as a leader, she felt an instinctive indignation at the situation.

Somehow, the news that her little sister -- once a premature, frail and bullied orphan -- had deigns on the Alpha female rank did not surprise Junior. Despite all the crazy news that had preceded this tidbit of information, she grinned broadly at Saena. The Blacktail would make a fantastic leader, in her opinion. Junior would totally follow her, though she did not wish to severe ties with Thief River Falls for the plateau. There was too much painful history here.

"You should totally found your own pack, Saena. And when you do, send a messenger out my way. Maybe I could convince Swordfish to relocate. We like changing scenery. I'm sure Bones and Ira would understand," the slightly elder of the two said. "Seriously!" she added, just in case Saena tried to refute her. "I mean, have you ever thought of it before? You could start your own legacy. Take it from me: don't underestimate the value of a fresh start."

Her black ears twisted at the mention of their father. Junior had made peace with her past, for the most part, and moved on from her hurts. It was good to hear that Peregrine regretted his actions, though her relationship with her father was still not resolved in her heart. She wasn't ready to see him, nor did she have any plans to include a trip to the caldera in her itinerary while here. So she acknowledged the information with a nod and nothing more.
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
"What?" Saena said, a bit aghast, as Junior suddenly started talking about mating. "Ew, Ju!" she squeaked, shaking her head and wearing an expression of pure mortification. "No! That's gross! I meant falling in love!" Sure, she probably could've been a lot clearer about that, but she'd just paid for it. Saena knew enough about sex to know it was mandatory, but that didn't mean she didn't think it was gross. On the contrary, it was what she looked forward to the least in a relationship, if ever she entered into one.

Everything else was taken in stride. Saena laughed when Junior suggested kicking Koda out, mostly because they both knew how that would end, and she bobbed her head excitedly at her sister's exclamation regarding Blue's pups. Maybe Saena wasn't cut out for relationships and sex, or didn't think she was, but she sure as shit liked puppies.

When Junior commented on her aspirations, it momentarily seemed to slow down time. Somehow in all her planning and hoping, the idea that Saena could do her own thing had never crossed her mind. Having Junior spell it out for her made her feel a little silly for not thinking of it sooner... but then she mentally paused. Was she really ready to drop the plateau and leave it behind her? She'd wanted to lead the plateau pack for so long, now, she couldn't even remember why. Was it because she loved her home, or because she loved the pack? Was it right to lead for loving the home rather than the pack?

"That's an idea," she said suddenly, perking her ears as thought it was a very exciting idea. Moments later, though, they wilted as she said, "but who would follow me? Aside from you, that is. I appreciate that, by the way, but you don't have to uproot your life for me. I don't even know if I'd actually be any good at it," she added sheepishly. Of course, she thought she had what it took, and she'd taken cues from Junior pretty much her whole life, but that didn't mean she'd be worth leaving Thief River Falls for.
Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, I am stronger than you know.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue had heard the howl, and she had rushed to it as quickly as she could. Of course, it took her a few minutes to get there. And upon seeing her nieces dear face, she felt a sob catch in her throat. She ran towards her, skidding to a stop and licking her in the face. Fussing, was what she was good at, after all. Junior...oh my goodness Junior. You're alive. She nudged her, probably harder than she meant too, but she was excited.

Tears slid down her muzzle as she sniffed over the girl. She had been so afraid she had been dead, so afraid. She coughed gently to clear her throat, and laughing looked at Saena and wagged her tail, happy to see both of them here now. She hadn't even paid attention to what they were talking about, far to happy to care. She would love it if Saena came to her with her problems, especially regarding Osprey. But at the moment that was far, from her mind.
Hello Everyone. It's been forever.
812 Posts
Ooc —
Judging by the expression on Saena's face, she hadn't contemplated this option in any kind of depth. "You'd have to recruit them," Junior said in an encouraging tone, "which I'm sure you could do. Then you'd know for a fact they wanted to follow you, versus having the wolves here at the plateau maybe second guess you if you got promoted. Not that they would, necessarily!" she was hasty to add. "But you know what I mean? You'd be absolutely certain they signed up for your leadership."

The black yearling's eyes shone brightly, feeling herself growing excited for Saena. "Maybe you'd be best off trying to recruit fellow yearlings? That's what Bones and Ira did. The pack is mostly younger members, since not many older wolves wanted to follow a couple of yearlings. Especially because Ira can be quite a cocky little shit," Junior said, lip curling into a bemused smile. It was clear she thought highly of her leader, despite her words. "And if I want to uproot for you, that's my decision! If it makes you feel any better, I'll probably flake on you eventually," she quipped with a good-natured bat to Saena's pale shoulder.

That was when Blue Willow appeared to fuss over the prodigal Blacktail. "Aunt Willow!" Junior cried, deciding she no longer deserved to call her Mama Willow. Her reaction told Junior that Saena hadn't shared Junior's fate with the pack. "Yeah, I am," she laughed, allowing the woman to baby her a moment. "I'm sorry I vanished. I really, really am. I hope you can forgive me. I was upset but I never would've left because of that. This was my home. It's just that I crawled into the mountain and hurt myself. I might've been in tough shit if Bones hadn't found me and taken me into her pack. Do you know Bones...?"

"Anyway," she continued after a breath, "I'm fine! I'm actually doing really well, as I was just telling Saena. I've been staying with Bones's pack at Thief River Falls. Actually, I'm a Beta, just like you!" For the moment, it didn't occur to her that the Healer's rank might have changed. "And I have a mate too! But enough about me. I heard you had pups?" Junior wasn't particularly interested in babies, though she was more than happy to give her aunt her chance to gush over her offspring.
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
"I guess you have a point," Saena said thoughtfully, "and maybe yearlings would be a good idea." The hesitance of the Blacktail Deer Plateau adults to ever accept her as a leader was something she was (rightfully) terrified of. Many of them couldn't even accept her as a contributing adult who deserved to rank above them, so it was unlikely they would ever consent to her leadership, not like her own recruits would. The more likely scenario was that the plateau wolves would tolerate it, barely, in order to appease Blue Willow.

Speaking of Blue Willow, the very same grey-blue female was fast approaching with tears in her eyes. Saena sprang out of the way, allowing the Beta female to reconnect with her eldest niece. She grinned when Blue Willow looked at her, but it faded into a thoughtful chewing of her lip as soon as the Beta looked away. She had to weigh her options, now that Junior had planted a seed in her mind, but she didn't want to do it now, in front of Blue Willow.

Yet she couldn't help it. Already, she was formulating ways to find those who might willingly follow her. She lightly shook her head, reminded herself that this was her home, and she smiled warmly again as Junior asked the pack Beta about her offspring. It was clear from the way their mere mention made her grin that Saena was absolutely taken with the brood.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue would not have cared, if Junior had called her Mama Willow. All she cared about, was that she was alive and well. Her past misdeeds, long forgiven and forgotten. It was the way of Willow though, a caring individual, she held no grudges.

Blue continued to touch Junior where she could, as if reaffirming that she really was alive and unhurt in front of her. And to reconnect, because she knew. Knew that Junior would not stay, and Blue would take what she could get. Even if it meant, just a meeting a year on the children's birthday, she would take it. 

Blue clicked her tongue, Enough Junior I don't care that you left. Of course it hurt and i was upset at first, but I am just glad you are okay. That is worth far more than anything else. And why should I mar such a day, with petty thoughts like that. At the mention of Bones a sharp pain, lanced through the gentle heart of the healer. For Bones was Atticus's, she could have had little bones. However, she smiled and nodded outwardly. Yes I know Bones, she is a sweet girl. I liked her, and your uncle Atti loved her.

Blue hummed, We always knew all of you would do great things. Saena wants to be a leader too, and I will have her one before I die. She favored the other girl with a glance, and a small nudge. Letting her know, that she hadn't forgotten she was there too. She chuckled, and nodded. yes I have three Constantine, Casmir, and Eilidh. Saena helps me with them, when she can. Lasher is their father. She frowned, she couldn't remember if Atti, had been gone when Junior was here or not. Oh she would just explain if need be. 
812 Posts
Ooc —
Junior listened to Blue Willow, having missed her aunt's sweet voice, though her attentive smile suddenly fell when she mentioned that she hoped to see Saena in leadership before she died. Her mouth opened to ask a question, though the Healer was talking about her pups now, so Junior didn't interrupt her. She scarcely heard their names, though, nor the facts of their paternity.

"What do you mean, 'before I die'? Are you sick?" Junior demanded with a fretful edge to her voice, exchanging a look with Saena. Blue Willow was still quite young, so the comment didn't make sense to the yearling... unless it would take years for Saena to ascend, which was a ludicrous thought.
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Saena didn't remember Bones or even the name; when Swordfish had mentioned it previously, whatever bells it rang were unfamiliar. And yet, she had heard it before, and Blue Willow reminded her of this with her mention of Atticus.

Saena thought little about her missing or dead uncle these days, and in fact, was on the verge of forgetting what he looked like. He'd played a minor role in her life, much like Osprey, and so he wasn't really considered family. Not the same way that Junior, Pura, and Blue Willow were family. He was still a relative, though, so when this puzzle piece clicked, she said, "oh, cool, I didn't even think about you running a pack with our cousin."

Blue Willow said something about dying, and like Junior, Saena's face fell. Like her sister, she believed that this meant that Blue Willow was in trouble; surely the woman didn't intend to hold Saena back from her dreams for as long as it would take for her to be old enough to die, right? "Is something wrong with you?" she asked, concerned. Her aunt had seemed tired lately, but that was surely do to the demands of her children. The Naturalist felt she would've sensed something amiss, but... then again, she wasn't a Healer.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue Willow laid her ears back to her head, and chuckled realizing she had upset the girls. She nudged them both gently, and shook her head. No my girls, it's just an expression, one uses. It just means that I will make sure she is a leader, no matter what. I am not as young anymore, but I think I still have a few years left. Trust me, you won't be losing me anytime soon.

She tilted her head and looked at the girls, I'm sorry if I frightened the two of you. I was not meaning too. I was just using an expression, my father used often enough. Tell me of your home Junior? Is it pretty there? Blue settled to her haunches and curled her tail about her paws, anxious to move on from the topic at hand. She had not meant to upset them, and knowing that she did so. It upset her in turn.
812 Posts
Ooc —
Saena seemed just as confused and concerned as she felt. Junior knew her sister would have mentioned it if Blue Willow were in ailing health. Luckily, the Healer quickly explained that it hadn't been meant too literally. Junior relaxed and let out a breath. She gave her aunt a playful look of reproof, then bobbed her head when Blue Willow asked her to describe the falls.

"Very! It's a few days north of here. The land slopes upward as you go, then there's this huge plateau. It's like ten times as big as this one," Junior said, eyeballing the nearby rock shelf. "You can see it for miles before you reach it. The waterfall pours from the top, then empties into a river that winds out toward the sea. The center of our claim is at the foot of that waterfall, in this great big forest there. But it is possible to climb to the top of the plateau, though it's very steep and treacherous. The view from up there is epic! It's really flat and windy up top and the river disappears somewhere inland, though I haven't ventured far in that direction... yet."

Now that it was spring and her legs were healed, she and Swordfish would surely climb up to the plateau and explore it much further. They would probably also scout along the plateau's base, maybe even extending the falls' claim a bit. Thinking about it suddenly made Junior terribly homesick. She missed Swordfish too, even if she sometimes felt like she'd rushed into domestic life with him. She wanted to head back soon, which she supposed was a good thing. She had been a little afraid that seeing everyone would tempt her to stay here.

And there was that temptation, though it was small. "I've really missed you both. I've missed everyone here. I wish I could stay longer but it's best if I head back soon. Do you think anyone else will come see me before I go?" Junior wondered. She wasn't hurt that only Saena and Blue Willow had come, though she wondered about others, specifically @Dante, @Lasher and @Pura. Where were they? Even just a passing hello would be good enough for her.

The Dante tag won't work for some reason. :o

@Dante @Dante @Dante?

OOPS!
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Blue Willow hastily explained that it was just an expression, earning a quiet sigh of relief. Saena would feel so much worse about entertaining Junior's suggestion if her aunt was actually ill. Fortunately, she wasn't, and Saena's mind was right back on whether or not to leave and start fresh. She barely even heard Junior's description of the falls, so wrapped up in her head was she.

She was snapped out of her reverie when her sister announced she would be leaving soon. Whining softly, the smaller of the two thoughtlessly invaded Junior's private space and pressed her snout into her throat. With a mate waiting for Junior's return, Saena knew the visit couldn't last, but that didn't stop her from being upset that it had to be so short. She would've liked to keep her elder sibling around for a few days, but didn't have the heart to protest.

Instead, she shifted her snout upward so her nose was close to Junior's ear and whispered, "I'll think about what you said." Then she stepped back, wiggling her tiny tail a little pathetically, and said in a thicker voice, "I'll miss the hell out of you."
i was born to the witch boleyn
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
as he had been left with the children, lasher set about gathering the trio as junior's delighted cry rose into the air overtop the trees. he moved at their pace, but kept them trotting in a relatively direct beeline for the dark female's summons, chuckling at their babbling. 

the beta arrived in time to lay eyes upon the tender moment shared by saena and her sable sister; he woofed lowly as he approached, tail swaying happily behind his hips. "it is good to see you, junior. you look well." eilidh chose that moment to nip at his ankle and he laughed. "this is junior, saena's sister," he told the children, who gathered with typical puerile disdain of personal space about junior. "this is constantine, casmir, and eilidh," he murmured, gesturing to each in turn.

"much joy to you on the day of your birth," lasher told saena and junior, though he stepped back to allow them the space delineated before his arrival.
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Short post is short, gonna make an awkward because I'm really not sure how to throw him in here hurr

Dante felt about as awkward as could be in answering the summons, but he couldn't not.  He was truly elated to know that Junior was alright, but her circumstances of leaving had been rather unfriendly especially where he was concerned.  He was honestly surprised she had called for him.  Seemed she'd gotten over any ill feelings, though he doubted enough time had passed for her to fully lose that spark that brought about such reactions.

When he arrived many had already greeted her and goodbyes were being spoken.  He was unsure of how to interrupt, so didn't, instead uneasily hovering, much like he had months ago, the last time Junior had called to say goodbye.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue listened with rapt attention at the girls words, Filing them away, It sounds beautiful Junior Blue heard the girls next words, and felt her throat tighten. Though she knew it was the way of things, it did not make her miss her family any less.

She nudged her gently, and licked her head, right between the ears. As she had done as she was a little girl, if she would allow it. I will miss you so much Junior, but I am so very proud of you. I love you. Then she backed up and allowed the girl breathing room, nudging each of her own children in turn, and even Saena, she did not wish them to think she did not love them too. Because that was not the case she loved them all.
812 Posts
Ooc —
As if cued by her question, five wolves appeared nearly in tandem. First came Lasher with three small pups following him in a crooked line. Never in her life had Junior actually seen puppies with her own eyes, at least not since being one herself. She swallowed, mismatched eyes growing round and apprehensive as the little family group came nearer. She felt her heart beating hard as the two dark boys and pale girl crowded around her. The yearling's paw twitched as if she wanted to push them away. She stayed it, however, and did her best not to let on to her discomfort.

"Uh, hi," she said to them, then shifted her eyes to Lasher. The sight of his familiar, dark features calmed her. "Thank you. And thanks for coming to see me," she said to him, tail waving. She had always liked him, despite the fact that seeing her father with him had driven Junior to such horrible heartache. "I can see that things are going well for you," she added, glancing at the pups, then at Blue Willow, before her eyes found their way back to Lasher's face.

That's when the sight of Dante caught her eye. He was hovering in the background. "Dante!" Junior shouted, gently shoving through the gaggle of puppies to trot over to her former Alpha. "Hey, I'm glad you came. I know they would've told you anyway," she said, smiling at her aunt and sister, then turning back to the sterling male, "but I wanted to tell you myself. I'm sorry I disappeared. It wasn't intentional. I'm sure I caused a lot of upset at the time and... I'm sorry," Junior repeated, "especially for leaving on such a bad note. I was hoping to clear the air... on my end at least." She smiled faintly, recollecting her old crush on him. It was long gone now, though she was still fond of Dante.

Prowling back to the main group, Junior pressed her flank against Saena's. "You're welcome to fill them in about everything I told you," she said to her sister and Blue Willow, referring of course to Thief River Falls, her leader rank, Swordfish, etc. "Take care, all of you. I love you and I'll miss you. I'll think of you a lot." She took the time to give everyone a lick or a nudge, even the three little pups, then turned to begin the journey home.

Before she began walking away, Junior exchanged a particularly lingering glance with Saena, belatedly acknowledging their whispered exchange. You'll be great, her two-toned gaze seemed to say. Out loud, she called, "Happy birthday to us!" a final time. Her lips then twitched into a smile. Junior waved her tail at all her loved ones from the plateau, then sucked in a deep breath and began the long trek back to the falls.
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Other wolves came to say their hellos and goodbyes to Junior, and Saena began to melt away into the background as best she could. Truth be told, she wasn't very good at goodbyes, certainly not the ones that were sincere and not flavoured with anger and betrayal. She couldn't feel these things for Junior, for one reason or another, even if she'd tried. As Lasher introduced his children and Junior addressed Dante, she took slow steps backward as though to combat the tight feeling creeping into her throat.

Junior didn't let her flee the inevitable, though; the dark Thief River Beta drew up alongside her. The tightness in Saena's throat turned into a lump at her sister's touch, and she said nothing as Junior gave her final farewells to all, even the Plateau's most recent litter. She could barely even summon the willpower to say, "happy birthday!" before a sob cracked her voice and she had to turn away, hide her face so none could see how upset she really was that Junior was leaving so soon.

She didn't blame her sister, of course—Swordfish was waiting for her—but it was still hard to watch her walk away, so Saena coped with it as she had coped with many things in her life: she looked the other way and didn't look back.
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
So short but omg I'm so far behind everywhere it feels like

He was glad when Junior came to him, for he had been unwilling to press forward and interrupt.  Her words brought a nod to him, for they made so much more sense than what he had previously thought.  Of course she wouldn't have left without word.  He was glad she was alright and glad to know that she was better than he had thought her at the tail end, more the wolf he had thought her before everything got screwed over.

"Consider it cleared," he said happily, glad that she was okay and glad that she had found her place, even if it wasn't with them.  Obviously she had a life now, a good one, and that was all that mattered.  As she left, he stepped back once more, only leaving after he'd seen her go.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue did not say anything more. Just watched as Junior departed, an adult now. She was so proud of her, finally she had grown up. Junior had been a headstrong child, a bit of a bully. Now, though she had grown into herself. She was a force to be reckoned with, and Blue was so proud to have been able to watch the journey, even if it were a hard one. She turned and herded the children, beside lasher as they walked. Today was a good day, a bittersweet one, but a good one.
i was born to the witch boleyn
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
"goodbye, junior," he murmured, proffering a lick of his own to one dark cheek. his eyes lingered upon her form as she departed, and then he turned to glance sadly at saena. the children were rioting at his paws, and so he fell into step with blue willow, to guide them back to the den.