Redhawk Caldera [Join] Be my backup?
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian decided that after meeting the woman in charge of this Black Feather Woods and talking to the white king of the Bear Valley Something that, he would need a back up plan. Even though Sebastian was searching for his father, and close to getting there too, the young male would need a more permanent home. The young tank of a male was a lone wolf for awhile now, and it was evident that he craved for the social interactions with others. He longed for somewhere he could call home and joining his father's pack didn't seem remotely smart. Sebastian was warned about his father, add the fact that Sebastian really wanted to tell the older version of himself how much he disliked him for leaving, those two things were bound to clash.

After sniffling around these dark woods Sebastian realized it might be wise to find a home close to Black Feather so he was at a day's travel distance, which wasn't related to his father. He hoped that in this pack there weren't any wolves that knew Burke and judged Sebastian for his father's actions. He would have to find out by talking to their alpha's first. The giant of a young male trotted closer to the border but respectfully stayed behind it. In a matter of seconds his head was thrown back and he made his presence known. He was already mentally preparing for the array of questions that would be fired at him.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Yet another visitor was calling at his borders. This one announced himself with a howl, which caught Peregrine in the middle of playing with his cubs. Luckily, he was able to summon someone to watch them while he made his way down to the borders. There he found a solidly built young male with gray fur and pale aquamarine eyes. Peregrine's dusky jade gaze swept over him as the Alpha male approached, ears cocked, head held high and tail curled over his black back.

"What is your business here?" he asked when he drew close to the stranger. He sounded vaguely impatient. They had room for worthy candidates, if this young man proved to be one, but the Alpha male wanted to make this quick so he could get back to his children.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
It was soon that Sebastian was met with a dark male. His pale eyes studied him in almost the same way as the alpha had, yet, Sebastian had been less dominant about it. He didn't want to be disrespectful. The man got straight to business and that was something that Sebastian liked. He could do that too. Hopefully it would be a win win situation. "I'm Sebastian. I am in need of a good home and I would like to earn a spot in yours, sir," Sebastian spoke politely. He knew, thanks to his uncle Darius, how to speak well towards someone higher in rank. At least he liked to be addressed with sir and lord.

Sebastian had a neutral stance, not timid or very dominant. The young grey might not be at his full strength now, living as a lone wolf for 5 months but he was certain he would gain some muscle while he worked for a pack. "I'm from Canada, used to the harsh winters. I am not afraid to work hard if that is what needed."
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Although the younger wolf addressed him politely, even calling him sir, he didn't bother with the most important part: submission. With each passing second, Peregrine felt his patience thinning at an alarming rate. He didn't want to hear a word from the stranger until he acknowledged his place in this encounter.

"What is it with you outsiders?" the Alpha asked, practically cutting off Sebastian even as he finished. "Actions speak louder than words, so yours are meaningless if you're going to refuse to show me the respect I deserve as an Alpha at his borders," he added harshly, leering.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian instantly stepped back more when the male wasn't pleased with him at all. Maybe he had been a lone wolf for so long he was forgetting what was custom? He had never really applied for another pack, he had always been in the pack he had been born into. The large male instantly lowered himself to the ground and casted his eyes away from he other. His ears fell back, not in aggression but in uncertainty. He wanted to apologize but wisely kept his mouth shut. The male just spoke about actions being louder than words.

The young male's pale eyes roamed over the ground, did the male also expect him to roll over and show his belly? Sebastian disliked that thought for a brief moment but he did it nevertheless. He was sick of being a lone wolf. This pack was the better option compared to the others and now he might have screwed it up so badly already that he might not even get a spot. His belly was lighter in colored than the rest of his body, which was now facing up. Yet, he started to see how the male was right. If he didn't want to show submission to this male why should he obey him? Sebastian relaxed more into his newly taken position.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Sebastian redeemed himself surprisingly well, earning a nod of approval from Peregrine. "You don't need to stay on your back," he said after a moment, his tone indicating that the stranger still keep himself lowered if he wanted to have a shot at gaining entry into the caldera's ranks. He wasn't going to tolerate any more stunts like what Kiera had pulled: blatant disrespect and challenge to his authority.

"What skills do you possess?" he asked in a firm but not unfriendly voice. "If this pack provides you with food, shelter and family, what can you give back to it?"
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian rolled from his back onto his tummy. He carefully glanced up at the male but kept his eyes at his muzzle instead of his eyes. He didn't want to anger the male any further. Sebastian's pink tongue licked over his maw. "I've been trained by my uncle to care for a pack, which meant protecting and patrolling the border, hunting for the pack and solving fights between pack mates. I can protect the borders but only fight if I have to."

Sebastian wasn't going to boost himself too much. But what he said sounded so... common. "Of course I am open to broaden my skill set." The young male didn't want to come over as arrogant his father was. He didn't want to be like him. 
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Little did Sebastian know, he'd just checked two of Peregrine's biggest boxes by mentioning both hunting and patrolling. The Alpha considered the response, pleased by the addendum: if the pack needed anything else from him, he could learn an adapt. Peregrine appreciated the attitude. In spite of his previous annoyance, the possible recruit was definitely growing on him.

"I like what I'm hearing so far. Now, what sort of future do you picture as part of this pack? Do you intend to stay for the long haul or will this be a temporary stop on a bigger journey? Are you hoping to find a mate, start a family, that kind of thing?"
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian gave the alpha grateful small smile. He wasn't often told he was liked or something was appreciated. "Thank you...." He wanted to address the male's name but he didn't know it. Hopefully his pause would be enough of a hint. Sebastian's nose scrunched up almost cutely when the dark furred alpha asked if he wanted to start a family or planning on taking on a mate. "I don't think I am remotely ready for anything of those things. I'm fie being a bachelor at the moment. I am in search for a pack I can stay for a long time. I prefer to make friendships and family related bonds. Since..." He had a brief pause. "My own family failed to exist."

The large grey male wondered if he should mention anything about his father. Maybe that would be best. He didn't want them to scent another pack in his fur and be accused of treachery. Sebastian just wanted to clear a few things up. "Only my father remains. I've been told he is in Black Feather Woods... The alpha female invited me to meet him. But.. I am not ready yet, and I don't really trust them. It feels strange to be invited on claimed lands. Lands that are gossiped about of being dark and splattered with blood of trespassers," Sebastian explained. "I do not feel the need to be in such type of pack."
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Everything was going swimmingly now, though Sebastian spoiled it somewhat by mentioning his familial drama with a neighboring pack. Peregrine scowled suddenly. It didn't sound like Sebastian wanted anything to do with his father or his pack, yet the Alpha's fur bristled at the thought of a newcomer dragging his baggage into the caldera, drawing unwanted attention.

"I don't like that. If any of your daddy drama winds up on my doorstep, I'll kick your ass out so fast. This pack is my family and I won't have you drawing that kind of shit here." He thought of Tempest and almost rethought accepting Sebastian altogether, though he begrudgingly continued, "On that note, I'll accept you on the condition that you start contributing in any way you can the instant your paws cross these borders. Do these conditions seem fair to you?"
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian looked at the alpha male and frowned a bit. "To my defense at least I was honest. How would you have felt if you accepted me and later found out I had a father in another pack," Sebastian returned. The grey made a note that this male wasn't really fond of Black Feather. Maybe this was a great excuse to not meet his father at all. Even though Sebastian wanted to confront him, the young male was still rather scared and discouraged when he heard what pack his father was in. 

"You won't see any drama coming from me. I will be in the background and won't make a sound," Sebastian replied. There was too much on the line to confront his father now. It wouldn't be wise. "Very reasonable. Yet, for once thing. I don't know your name, sir," he then sheepishly admitted. "Or how to address you." Sebastian wasn't familiar with this region or the packs that lived here. Let alone know the names of the alpha's that ruled them.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
His opinion of Sebastian took another hit when he frowned at the Alpha as if he disapproved of his line of questioning, then felt the need to speak a few words of indignation. Peregrine made his opinion of backtalk clear with a low warning growl. Before he could tell Sebastian he was out of line, he vowed to keep the drama away from the caldera, insisted he would lie low and indicated that he found Peregrine's conditions fair after all.

Swallowing his anger, Peregrine remained stonily silent for a moment before saying, "My name is Peregrine. My mate, Fox, is the Alpha and our Betas are Finley and Elwood. Make a point to meet all of them, as well as the rest of the pack, then get right to work. I'm sure I will see you around." It was a rather cool acceptance speech—no welcome, no invitation for Sebastian to make himself at home—before the black leader said, "I have to get back to my children," and left Sebastian to figure out for himself what he wanted to do next.

Since Perry's too much of a butt to say it, I will: welcome to RHC! :)
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian was used to the way an higher up would speak coldly to him. Darius had done that often enough. The growl made Sebastian move his head against the ground. Well he would need to work hard to please this alpha, fair enough. He wouldn't expect to we welcomed warmly in a pack he didn't know anyone. It was the same with that bearclaw pack that wasn't really keen on having him either. Sebastian swallowed his pride and just nodded at the new information. Peregrine, Fox, Finley, Elwood. He would make it his priority to introduce himself to the beta pair and alpha female.

Like Sebastian said he would stay quiet in the background and let the alpha leave first. Once the dark male was gone he stood on his all fours again. He ruffled his charcoal furred coat and the trotted over the border into the heart of this territory. Sebastian didn't want to defy the male so he would make sure he would patrol past the border, no matter how exhausted he was. 

Haha thanks! I will archive it! :D