Blacktail Deer Plateau praise to the earth mother.
563 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
I'm hoping we can say this takes place before the whole Dante vs. Koda thing since we don't know what's happening there yet?  This is for whoever would be at the Mayfair den :)  @BlueWillow @Casmir @Constantine @Lasher <3<3 I MISSED YEWS GUYZ

Harlyn's time amongst the wolves of the Plateau had been pleasant, but rather quiet.  She didn't mind too much, of course.  It wasn't her intention to make this place her home for too long and thus she didn't wish to become one of those that the pack relied too heavily upon.  She was content to be just another body in the hunt and scent upon the borders.  Otherwise, she was a shadow upon the Plateau, sharing a friendly smile whenever spotted and perhaps a bit of small talk, but not much else than that to anyone but Mordecai.

Today, though, she felt compelled to change her antisocial routine for the sake of her own personal growth.  Mordecai had spoken to her of the pack's beta who was an accomplished healer.  Harlyn was a child of the medicinal arts as well and had been interested in seeking the female to pick her brain for insights.  There was also the fact that the woman had just had a litter not too many moons ago and Harlyn simply couldn't resist catching a glimpse of them.

And thus, Harlyn timidly approached the den of the beta pair, a dead pheasant clutched gently between her teeth.  She'd plucked away as many of the feathers from the bird's stomach as she could, uncertain if the children were practiced yet at that particular skill.  The druid slowed as she came within a few yards of the den's entrance and set her gift down upon the ground.  She was very much aware that she was all but a stranger to the little family and though she knew she had only the best of intentions, that didn't necessarily mean that even her new packmates would readily believe it of her.

The scents that were strewn about the area were so well mingled that she wasn't certain who was even home at that point, if any of them at all.  So, she gave a soft whine as she peered at the den's entrance, uttering a few little yips as well in hopes of catching someone's attention.
Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, I am stronger than you know.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue had heard tell of new faces, among them. New Wolves to meet, she knew she would need too eventually. However, for now she was incredibly busy with raising babies, and gathering herbs. She thought perhaps she enjoyed, that part best of being a healer. The way she could gather herbs, she was always sure to leave enough to grow more throughout the spring and summer. Perhaps she would ask Lasher about transplanting some. 

It was while this time though, Blue was taking a short nap, while the Children and Lasher were out and about. She heard a soft whine, two yips and a scent of blood assailed her. Tipping her ears forward, she thrust her head from the den and looked about her. She blinked slowly, forcing herself to wake completely up. She wasn't upset at the intrusion, rather looking forward too it. Blue was a social being usually, and she hadn't been as social, as she once was. She had a perfectly good excuse of course, but still.

She blinked at the quiet femme before her, and pulled herself further from the den. She stood before the other, and dipped her muzzle gently. Hello, I am Blue Willow healer and beta of the pack, among other things. How do you do? You are new to our family? She settled herself to her haunches, and waited patiently. Most females would be up in arms about it. However, Blue was not like this. Firstly, she was just not a harsh individual. She had been more protective, and a little bit wary when the babes were small.  However, now that they were older, and explored mostly on their own. She did not worry as much, she always made sure she checked on them throughout the day however, whether they knew it or not. She wagged her tail gently against the ground.
Hello Everyone. It's been forever.
leave that old record spinning
745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Casmir, loud as he was, did creep out rather quietly to stand behind his mother. growing quickly, his whipthin frame already bespoke the height he would attain at an older age. the woman was given a close scrutiny, but he said nothing, for once remaining silent and curious. "Mama?" came his voice a moment later, however, breaking the quietude, and he stepped to her side, tail waving tentatively at his haunches.
please send all PMs regarding garait & casmir to relmyna
[Image: casfoot.jpg]
563 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Harlyn was pleased when Blue Willow herself was the first to step out of the den to greet her.  The druid bowed her head low out of respect to the healer and beta.  It wasn't long before a second member of the Mayfair family came to join them.  As adorable as the little wolf was, Harlyn ignored him for the time being.  Her attention was with the wolf that commanded the most respect, and at that moment (and for quite a while probably - her children were still quite young) it was Blue Willow.

"Blue Willow," she repeated with a friendly smile and a wag of her tail, "It's wonderful to make your acquaintance.  I'm Harlyn Cinderloch, and yes, I am new to the Plateau."  She paused a moment after greeting the beta before finally allowing her gaze to drift down to the child tucked beside her leg.  "And who is this handsome little gentleman?" Harlyn asked with a soft smile.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue smiled at the bow, glad that she still garnered some respect. Though many thought she was soft, and too nice. Perhaps she was, but thus far it was working for her. She had not heard any complaints. Though if she was honest, she would admit she had gotten harsher with the birth of babies. Blue leaned down to gently greet Casmir. Hello Cas

Well Met Harlyn. It is beautiful this Plateau. You have chosen well, though I maybe a bit bias of course. A soft chortle left her muzzle at that thought. There was no maybe about it, she knew she was. But well she could be polite about it, couldn't she. Blue nudged him again, to let him know he could go ahead and introduce himself if he wanted. If he didn't want to, she would do it for him. No harm no foul.

She waited a few moments, then voiced a question. What brings you to my neck of the woods. Not that I mine. I enjoy company, I just want to make sure if you need something I can help.
745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
he listened as the pretty lady and his Mama talked, but when Harlyn addressed him, he shied back with a bashful smile. "'M Casmir," he muttered. He fell silent then, but kept his ears perked for mention of himself, picking out words he recognized from the continuing conversation. 
563 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Harlyn laughed gently at the woman's joke.  She could certainly admire the beauty of the Plateau as it held much to be admired.  In truth, she could see herself feeling perfectly at home here were it not for her own aspirations.  Unfortunately, her heart was set on making the home of some untamed piece of land that had been created by the gods just for her and - if her faith was not leading her astray - Mordecai.  As guilty as the thought made her feel, she knew that the Plateau was a rest stop on the journey, not the destination.

The little wolf at Blue Willow's flank made Harlyn's heart swell with affection and longing.  She wanted so badly to be a mother and to have sweet little children just like this one to call her own.  "It's nice to meet you, Casmir," she answered him with a special smile before returning her attention to the beta.  "I heard that you are quite an accomplished healer," she answered, "I practice the medicinal arts myself.  It's always nice to spend time with one who shares your passions."
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue offered a small smile. She did not expect most to stay anymore, she had seen far too many come and go. It made her sad, but it was the way of things. They would come for a bit, then move on for greener pastures. And usually strangely enough it was to either join another pack, or make their own. It was interesting for her. She did not hold it against anyone, no she just missed them.

Blue smiled down at Casmir, softly brushing his head. To let him know she was there, she could see the shyness he held. She did not wish him to become upset. I am a healer yes. I have saved some and lost a few. I will always be learning though. How long have you been practicing?
745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
they paid attention to him for only a brief moment before returning to their adult discussion, which immediately bored Casmir. flopping down alongside his mother, he laid muzzle across forelegs, and pretended very obviously to sleep. however, presently he became aware of another need, this one actually pressing, and so he gathered himself back up. "I'M HANGRY," he told his mother in a stage whisper, eyes darting to their visitor momentarily.
563 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Harlyn could definitely appreciate the sentiments that Blue Willow shared.  She too did not necessarily have a perfect track record when it came to saving lives and while it hurt her heart to lose them, she knew that it was the will of the gods that they return their bodies to the earth and join their souls with the spirits of their ancestors.  "Since I was a little girl," she replied with a smile, "I learned at the paws of my máthair mhór - my grandmother.  She was far more skilled than I will ever be, but she passed away when I was a yearling so my training with her was rather incomplete.  I learned the rest from my mother and then from other healers I've met throughout my life."

Harlyn paused a moment to reflect fondly upon her grandmother - all fire and brimstone, but with such a respect and devotion to life and preservation.  She was everything the Cinderloch had ever hoped to be.  "What about you?" she asked, "Did you learn from your family or..?"

It was perhaps two or three seconds that passed after her question before the beta's young son interjected with an urgent whisper.  She chuckled softly before hushing herself, not wanting to show any encouragement if this was behavior that his mother did not approve of. 
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue looked down at her son, and then back up to Harlyn. She looked down again, and spoke softly, Why don't you ask Miss Harlyn if she is hungry too? Then you go ahead and get some food, right there from the cache She looked him over, touching his fuzzy head briefly. She felt he should at least offer some food, it was the polite thing to do. She and Lasher had made Caches nearby their home, because she knew times like this would happen. Casmir wouldn't have to walk more than two feet to get some food.

Blue had thus far only lost Pied, in a way that had been all, other than Amelie and perhaps Atticus. Amelie had been too far away for her to save, and Atticus had left. So, she hadn't lost them herself, however she had felt their loss acutely. Pied though, that death still existed in the worst of her darkness. She could have done more she knew, but what was the question. I learned from my mother. She was a traveling healer and story teller, and once she met my father who had been a warrior. He too became a healer and a story teller. I also learned from other packs that we met, and other wolves. And then I also learned by my own trila and error. 
745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Miss Harlyn laughed, and Casmir beamed at her, charmed. Blue Willow directed him to one of the filled caches and he padded away, fetching two mice for himself. But that didn't seem like it would be much for the wolfess, and so the boy frowned and dragged out a fat pigeon. clumsily he brought back the meal, accidentally dropping the bird a little close to Harlyn's paws. "Here you go!" he beamed, before biting into a mouse. "Mama, d'yer want some?" Casmir asked, remembering he hadn't fetched anything for her.
563 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Harlyn smiled gratefully at the woman and her son. Her grin broadened when she was referred to as 'Miss Harlyn', finding it to be charming having them call her such. The young gentleman seemed eager for the task his mother set and was quick to go rooting around in the cache she'd indicated. While he went foraging, the druid turned her attention back to the beta.

"A healer and storyteller?" Harlyn replied, tilting her head lightly to the side, "You and I do have much more in common than I was aware. My family was very passionate about sharing the tales of our ancestry and heritage. It was one of my absolute favorite things about growing up with them. I carry their stories very close to my heart, as I'm sure you do as well."

The druid's eyes drifted back to Casmir again as he dropped the pigeon at her feet. She gave him a smile and dip of her muzzle. "Why thank you," she said politely before leaning down to begin plucking away some of the feathers. She was not particularly hungry, but propriety did not allow her to decline the gift he'd brought to her.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
(June 03, 2015, 06:47 PM)Harlyn Wrote: Harlyn smiled gratefully at the woman and her son.  Her grin broadened when she was referred to as 'Miss Harlyn', finding it to be charming having them call her such.  The young gentleman seemed eager for the task his mother set and was quick to go rooting around in the cache she'd indicated.  While he went foraging, the druid turned her attention back to the beta.

"A healer and storyteller?" Harlyn replied, tilting her head lightly to the side, "You and I do have much more in common than I was aware.  My family was very passionate about sharing the tales of our ancestry and heritage.  It was one of my absolute favorite things about growing up with them.  I carry their stories very close to my heart, as I'm sure you do as well."

The druid's eyes drifted back to Casmir again as he dropped the pigeon at her feet.  She gave him a smile and dip of her muzzle.  "Why thank you," she said politely before leaning down to begin plucking away some of the feathers.  She was not particularly hungry, but propriety did not allow her to decline the gift he'd brought to her.

Blue was all about manners, had always been. Her mother had raised her as such. Told her if she wasn't polite, and nice wasn't any point in talking. And Blue adhered to that rule, often and very well. She smiled softly as her youngest son set to work finding what was needed, and promptly getting their guest some food. Such a perfect little gentleman, though sloppy when he ate. She quieted a soft chuckle.

Blue smiled and dipped her head. Yes I do love a good story. You should have heard my father tell one, though. Now that was a story teller. Her eyes grew misty as she thought of him for a moment, but she smiled despite it. She missed him, but she had no doubt he was up there spinning a yard or two for any that happened to enter the fold.

Blue chuckled, I"m sorry that it's not the newest fare. We mostly keep it stocked for the babes. But they are often out and about on adventures now.
745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
he grinned at the lady as she ate what he had brought, scarfing down the last of his own meal. dropping down alongside his mother, he continued to study harlyn, but his eyes took on the dreamy quality displayed by children who have full bellies and are lying in the warm sunlight next to their mothers who speak in gentle, dulcet tones. 
563 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Would you lovelies like to wrap this up in another round or so? :D

Harlyn brushed off the beta's apology for the dated state of the food with a smile and a shake of her head.  She was a wolf and like most of those of her species, she consumed whatever she could get.  The wild made no promises as to when she would see another meal, and so there was little that would hold her back from eating what she could when she could.

After swallowing a few mouthfuls, the druid looked down towards the beta's young son.  "Thank you, that was wonderful," she said with smile while her tongue roamed her lips, cleaning up whatever gore had stained them.  "My family used to tell tales of fairies - tiny colorful birds that were full of life and magic and mischief.  It is said that if you share your food with the fairies, then they will watch over you and protect you from harm.  I'll bet if you keep your eyes open for them, you might just end up spotting one.  They like to follow those who are kind and generous of spirit, just like you."  Harlyn smiled warmly at him, glancing up at Blue Willow to give her a wink.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sure

Blue Willow knew well eating what you could when you could. She had done so on more than one occasion, as she traveled to get here. Here though in this small little plateau, there was an abundance of food. She wasn't going to go telling a lot of other's that, but Harlyn was part of them now. Thus she would know the truth of that already anyway.

Blue chuckled as soon as Fairies were brought up, though she had heard differently. Not that they were birds but something different all together, but she had never seen one. She had found a few fairy rings in her youth, though now she knew most of it to be mostly myth and legend. There was a small part of her, despite that she was an adult, that yearned to have the stories be true. It would make a day, or a life interesting. Blue smiled, Maybe i'll see one some day. Perhaps we'll go looking for a fairy ring someday, huh Cas?
745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
last post for me!

his mother's voice woke Cas from his reverie; luckily he had been half-listening to what the two women were speaking of, and so bobbed his head in excitement. "Fairies!" he exclaimed. to the stranger he offered a shy smile, and then a wide yawn almost split his head in twain. reaching up, he bumped the healer's chin with his nose clumsily and then slid past her back into the den, to curl into a comfortable nap.
563 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Harlyn smiled at the boy's reaction, her gaze flickering to Blue Willow as she spoke then of fairy circles and future adventures.  She said nothing in response, but a wag of her tail and a gentle nod of her head to them both spoke well enough for her in the absence of words.  Turning, she took her leave.  It seemed the little one at least was eager to return home, likely to fade away to dreams of fairies and blessings.  His mother was at his heels soon enough, and Harlyn was fading into the foliage - perhaps to find some fairy circles of her own.