Redhawk Caldera Jump right in and swim until you're free
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
ooc: @Fox Set around evening of 18th May - if that's ok with you.

It was a month now since Osprey had met Peregrine for the last time and she felt finally ready to pay a visit to him at Caldera. Just for him to know that she was alright enough to make such a long journey and to have a chance to see, how much had the kids grown. Deep down she felt a little guilty for missing out all of her niece's and nephew's stages of development, but then again - they might be just the right age to appreciate a good story.

While walking the miles that were between plateau and her brother's kingdom, she felt that the lack of activity had had it's toll on her and she had neither the endurance, nor the speed that she had previously. She was, however, a bit of an optimist about this, maybe in a month or two she would be back to her old strong self, and this journey was just the right thing for her. Maybe it went over limits a bit, but she was stubborn.

It was around the sundown, when she reached the familiar area surrounding the caldera, therefore she slowed down and stopped safe distance away from the borders. She sat down, lifted her muzzle and howled for Peregrine.
incautious red wrecking ball amwelles · amwelles
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Sounds good to me!

Somebody—though not anybody that Fox knew—called for Peregrine. Considering he was on very strict probation, she let him know that she would deal with whoever it was. There was no room for discussion, no room for debate. Fox was on edge almost non-stop since the incident. She had hardly slept, and most of her time was spent gazing at her three children, ensuring that they were safe and sound. The body had been taken care of, and the head was long gone, though the dark red spot of blood still marked the location of the incident.

Her hackles were raised as she descended the mountain, eyes locked on Osprey as she drew closer. "No visitors," she stated clearly once she was within earshot. "Leave now, or I’ll attack to kill." Fox saw no need to explain her reasoning or actions. It was none of Osprey's business. The young leader stood her ground, at the ready to call for backup if she needed it.
Pregnancy timeline (RHC members only)
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
When Osprey saw Fox approach, she got to her feet, expression friendly, ready to approach her brother's mate and greet her on neutral grounds, but the latter's very hostile attitude made her remain, where she was and stare at the temperamental sister-in-law in disbelief. They hadn't had much interaction in the past, they weren't friends, but not enemies either, therefore though Osprey didn't expect any favors or special treatment from this pack, she didn't think that she deserved this kind of treatment either.

"I am not here to trespass on your pack's grounds," she informed her, looking the lady briefly in the eyes and then turning her gaze sideways, though she was very tempted to reply with the same level of dominance. "I won't come nearer, but I want to see my brother - that's all," she finished. Neutral grounds, no venturing beyond borders - where was crime in that?
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
If it had been anybody, anybody other than Peregrine's immediate family, Fox would have stuck to her guns. She would have attacked Osprey to kill, and she believed she would have succeeded. "He’s busy," Fox growled, "And that’s your last warning. I'll tell him you were here. Now scram." Fox stomped a single front foot forward with her final word, grey eyes drilling into the wolf she barely knew as she continued to growl lowly.

Why was it so hard to follow instructions? Fox had never understood why others lingered when danger was imminent. Then again, perhaps Osprey had a death wish just like her mini-me. Remembering that Junior had been Osprey Junior only made Fox all the more wary. No amount of pleasant conversation would allow any family members of Peregrine entrance into their home, unless they were members of the pack itself.
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
Something in Fox's words alarmed Osprey and though her instinct screamed at her not to be a fool and run - NOW - because the firey she-wolf was not joking about killing her, she only took few steps backwards, scrutinizing her sister-in-law's face, trying to find anything that would give away, what exactly had caused such a change in the previously friendly pack. And, since there were no clear answers written in her features, aside from the inexplainable hatred towards her, the only logical conclusion was that Fox had messed up, that she was to blame and that every single person, who had never liked or trusted her had been right all along. She was a rotten creature to the very core.

"What did you do to him?" she let out a low growl, bearing her teeth and fur along her spine bristling. She knew fairly well that, if it came to an actual fight, she would lose, but she wanted her answers. And, what Fox had revealed her was not nearly enough and - in the end - who was she to stand between Osprey and her brother? Nobody.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
I saw you mentioned in a later thread that Osprey got away unharmed. She'll need to flee after this post to keep that timeline "true." I can pull in another RHC member to get it to 10 posts if you're looking for EXP! ;)

Why was it that others continued to talk, even when Fox made it clear she was in no mood to be interrogated? On her own land, no less. It added insult to injury, and Fox was all out of warnings, no matter who this was in relation to Peregrine. Instead of answering Osprey's question, Fox lunged at her. She had no intention of harming Perry's sister, Fox just wanted her gone. If it had been one of Perry's older spawn... well, that was a different story.

As Fox rushed the Redleaf-DiSarinno—it was a pity they shared a name—her eyes were ablaze with a look that meant business. If Osprey failed to flee, Fox would attack to maim. And if that failed to scare her off, Fox would have to resort to killing her. It was a pity, really, but the life of her family was on the line, and nothing would ever hurt them again.
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
ooc: I think it would be interesting if another or more people from RHC joined in the "hunt". :) That is, if you can restrain Fox from killing Osprey for another post. If not - I can edit this one.

Fox didn't care to answer and somehow Osprey had known that she wouldn't, if not for that tiny hope that by buying time Peregrine would eventually come and reason with his enraged wife. And maybe explain, what had happened, why was she suddenly treated, as if she had commited a crime, why there was so much hatred and hostility towards her.

Yet the moment the other she-wolf lunged at her - not entirely unexpected - Osprey avoided the attack in the last moment, by leaping sideways and she would have run from the hills, had she not tripped, lost her balance and fallen on the ground.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
In the days following the aftermath of the attack on Wildfire, Elwood doubled his duties at the border. He did this for two reasons: because Fox had instructed the pack to increase their vigilance, and because it was a mindless enough task to distract him from thinking about Finley's miscarriage.

He spotted Fox first, her fiery fur a bright flash against the landscape, and his gaze followed her as she charged towards another wolf. Immediately, Elwood went on the defensive. Having never met Osprey before, he didn't know she was Peregrine's sister; and even if he had, it probably wouldn't have changed his actions. What he saw was an outsider, and his Alpha female trying to remove her from the edge of their territory.

So he accelerated, hackles standing in a ridge and teeth bared as he raced towards the two she-wolves. He bared his teeth, assessing the situation as he ran. Fox didn't look as though she was trying to injure the stranger, just drive her away. So he did the same, snapping his jaws menacingly as he drew near.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
I thought Osprey seeing Burke's son would be highly interesting!

Sebastian had been helping Elwood with patrolling, ever since his wonderful advise Sebastian had grown a liking towards the Beta. He would be a good friend. He was just about to report to the higher ranked wolf when he saw him sped away. Huh? Then Sebastian realized something might be off. The immense male rushed forward after Elwood to see what was happening.

Sebastian looked just like his father in this moment, only with a tail. With a mighty gallop he came into view, he stopped on the other side of Fox to back her up with Elwood. Before them was a grey female, not too large in size. Sebastian didn't bare his teeth but in his pale eyes there was a clear distrust. Yet, the young male looked surprisingly calm. He was working on that, not knowing he would take even more after his father. 

"Do you want us to chase her out?," Sebastian asked, in a low tone. Even his voice had the same tone. The male was close to being a younger version of Black Feather Woods' Beta. His pale eyes never leaving the intruder. 
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Osprey narrowly avoided Fox's attack. Then, Perry's sister stumbled and fell, giving Fox the advantage. She allowed the plateau wolf to rise just in time for Elwood and Sebastian to flank her on either side. She ignored Seb's question, flashing him an incredulous look. Hadn't she explained things to everybody clearly enough? "If you don't run now, we will kill you," Fox threatened Osprey. In most cases, she would have taken the chance with Osprey on the ground and cut off her airway right there. Thankfully for Osprey, Fox didn't want yet another reason for the plateau wolves to come running after them.

With three against one, it wouldn't be a fair fight. But had Osprey expected as much from her? And just who did she think she was, waltzing up here and demanding answers to questions that didn't concern her. Sure, Peregrine was here, but Fox had done nothing to him. Even if she had, Redhawk Caldera was out of Osprey's domain. Fox stood, every muscle of her body straining not to jump her mate's sister and bring her down.
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
ooc: my last post here - if you wish, you can post again and then have it archived. Or - if you do not want to - then I think my post will work for a conclusion.

When reinforcements from the pack arrived and none of them was her brother, Osprey realized that the discussion was over. For whatever reason Fox did not take the opportunity to attack, when the gray she-wolf had tripped and lost her ground, however, her next words assured that there would be no such favor the next time.

Therefore without casting a second glance back Osprey fled as fast as she could. The fear for her own life had taken over, therefore she ran ignoring the pain in her feet and burning feeling her lungs - side-effects of being so sick and passive all this time - and only cared to stop, when she no could no longer see or hear any of the caldera wolves.

For the days to come she would try to understand, what had happened on this evening and why. Attempting - like she always did - to find excuses for her brother's sake, but this time finding none. It was no news that Fox was an irrational and foolish being, guided more by her instincts than common sense, but the fact that Peregrine had failed to make an appearance and interfere, when his wife had threatened to take Osprey's life, was beyond her understanding. And inevitably the seed of bitterness and disappointment that was planted in her heart this evening, would grow stronger over time, spreading distrust and doubt, where once had been unconditional love and loyalty.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Sebastian soon arrived as additional backup, taking up a position next to Fox. The three caldera wolves varied in size and strength, but presented a formidable front to this strange female. Elwood never took his eyes off of her, even as she gathered her feet and stood. She almost looked as though she wanted to say something, but in the end she did nothing more than turn and flee, her silver paws carrying her quickly away from the caldera.

Only when she was a considerable distance away did Elwood begin to relax, though his hackles still stood on end. He looked to Fox, wondering if there would be an explanation now that the intruder was gone.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian didn't really have to do much, since Elwood and Fox were already pretty menacing. After Fox gave her warning the female was quick to dash away. Smart move. Sebastian was once again clueless about the relationship this grey female had with one of his pack mates. Sebastian should get some history lessons one day! Yet for now, once the female was out of his sight, the male dropped his fearsome look. His lips went back over his teeth and his hackles flattened out. His shoulders sagged more and in general the large male deflated a bit.

He always felt like his father when he scared people away, but this was what the alpha female expected from him. Sebastian was a pack animal at heart, wanting to follow with all his might. So, that was one of the prone reasons that he would not ever protest even though he felt a bit uncomfortable.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Last one for me!

Finally, Osprey relented, running away from Redhawk Caldera and out of Fox's life. Good riddance, thought Fox. She knew that Peregrine was close to his sister, but he'd also been close to Junior at one time. Hell, Fox had met the girl when she was but a child, following him to Swiftcurrent Creek so long ago. Or had that been one of his other daughters? She could not recall with certainty, but it did not matter now.

Elwood and Sebastian still stood close by, even as Osprey retreated. Once she was out of sight, Fox let out an exasperated sigh and shook her head before turning her gaze to her two comrades. "I don’t know what makes anybody think they’re entitled to access," she remarked. They had let this madness go on for too long, and Fox was glad to be putting an end to it. No longer would she be lax about their borders, and she hoped everybody would do the same.

"Thank you both for coming to my side. It means a lot." Many thought Fox to be a cold, heartless creature, but she stepped forward to nibble each of them on their cheeks. "I need to get back to the kids, can you guys hang out here for a little bit in case she comes back?" she asked. Fox would wait until she was sure at least one of them stayed, then set off for the rendezvous site.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
My last post, too! :)

Elwood shook his head in response to Fox's sentiments. He didn't understand it either. He had never been an overly territorial wolf, but his time with the caldera was changing that. Gradually, he was becoming fiercely loyal of his family -- and those who posed a threat from the outside were not welcome.

When she asked the two males to patrol the area for the next little while, he agreed promptly. "No problem," he said, gesturing for her to go ahead to the firebirds. He then turned to Sebastian. While he liked the other grey wolf and would have appreciated his company, he suspected that it would be more effective for them to split up and cover ground in opposite directions before meeting back in the middle.

"I'll head this way, and we can report back to each other in a few hours," he said. He didn't suspect that the trespasser would return, but he knew that Fox's instructions were given for good reason. Once Sebastian agreed, the Beta turned and began his grim vigil.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
edit; my last post too :P

Sebastian watched as Fox turned towards them. His heart was still racing after he just protected the Borders along with his pack mates. Though he did watch more what the others did, it was definitely a learning process. One that he would definitely need to use in the future. The large male was surprised when the got a nibble on his cheek, his tail wagged for a moment and dipped his head in a 'thank you/You are welcome' type of gesture. 

Sebastian's face grew determined at Elwood's order. "I agree," he spoke with that same nod he used before. While Elwood might be grim about the task Sebastian was full of energy after what just happened. No he wasn't really a fan of being that mean or menacing but, this time it paid off. Sebastian felt proud that the alpha female was there to see that he was doing his upper best to be a good pack member. With an active trot the male moved away from Elwood's direction.