Redhawk Caldera what the heart craves
shall we not revenge?
7 Posts
Ooc —
Timeline here will be vague. :) For @Sebastian

There was no reason Shylock needed to be this far south, away from her brother. It had taken her a few days to get down here, but she suspected that she'd have to do the dirty work if Tybalt wasn't up to it. So far there was no hide nor hair of the girl, but Shy didn't expect to find her immediately, if she was even here at all. They had explored for the better part of these last few months and though life on the road was rough, she wasn't going to give up. Though she'd never admit it, deep down she wanted to find the woman and convince her to return or take Balt as her husband. Her brother needed to be happy.

But today she didn't worry about the girl. Instead, Shy allowed her curious and intellectual nature to take over, exploring and cataloging as much of this place as she could. Today that included traveling southward, ever south,  to find the farthest reaches of this vast land. There seemed to be an infinite number of packs here; one cropped up as soon as she left the last behind. Though her nose worked quite well, and she knew that a pack was ahead, Shylock kept forward. She paused at the border and wondered if anyone would come greet her, or tell her anything of this place. She was curious, and in that state, her caution sometimes went out the window.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Thank you for starting. And you Avatar is amazing my by the way! :D

Sebastian had been taking his new job very seriously. Even though he was not much of a fighter he did have the body for being a protector, a warden of the lands he lived in. The immensely sized male walked past the border of their caldera. After the attack on Wiildfire there was no other wolves allowed close and Sebastian would have to prevent them from even entering. He disliked that he might be more like his father in that way, being mean and chasing other off but he had no choice. His pack came first place. Plus, since Sebastian believed his father was so mean it was easy to channel that hate he had for the older wolf and project it on a stranger.

After he went to look for herbs the tank of a male took over a shift from one of his packmate. Instantly he started scent marking and making sure that no wolf would come close. As he walked he noticed the scent of a stranger and instantly charged forward. He stopped before her, his ears flattened and his pale blue eyes looking rather cold. "These borders are not open, if you are wise you will leave," he snapped towards her. Sebastian felt like such a jerk but there wasn't anything he could do about it. Fox wanted improvement and he would work hard to show her that improvement. 
shall we not revenge?
7 Posts
Ooc —
Thanks! Leah (who plays Shy's brother Tybalt) made it for me! :)

She wasn't trespassing, nor was she too close to those borders for the pack's comfort. And yet there was a male before her, charging at her, ears flattened in anger. Shy stepped back from him, yet remained entirely neutral in her body language. She was not here to cause trouble. However, her smart mouth might be her undoing. "Of course they're open. I don't see anything stopping anyone from crossing." Sure, the scent markers might deter the more cautious wolves, but since there was no wall of thorns protecting them, this pack was as open as all the others, if someone dared enough.

Shylock wasn't one to dare, though. But she would point out the obvious. "I'm not here to cause trouble. I am exploring, and searching for a...friend, I guess you could call her. Perhaps you could help me?" She batted her lashes at him, smoothing her smirk into a dainty smile, all the while keeping her shoulders and head and tail aligned in neutrality. She was a scholar, not a warrior, and she would not stand against this male. He was huge, and she wasn't about to try her paw at fighting here.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian didn't like to be talked back to, a soft growl came from the back of this throat. He needed to look impressive and tough. But by the looks it the girl wasn't... that scared of him. This couldn't happen! He needed to improve! And better himself. "I'm stopping you. I'm the warning sign before our warriors rip you to pieces," he returned and rose his chin a bit. He was confident that the pack would have his back and he displayed that confidence to the girl. But he wasn't too over confident.

He looked at her with some confusion when she asked him his help. Hadn't he been clear? "I am sure your friend isn't here, and if he or she is here then you still wouldn't be able to visit them. Our pack is not letting any stranger or friend onto our lands." Sebastian tried to deepen his voice a bit to sound more impressive and scary. Like the voice his father had, or what he could remember from it. 
shall we not revenge?
7 Posts
Ooc —
"Oh?" she asked softly, sweeping her paw in front of her in an innocent manner. She was teasing him, but it was fun watching him get flustered and more angry by the moment. Shy was small, but she was swift. She could outrun this brute any day. "You're quite the guardsman. My father would have enjoyed your service." She giggled softly, smiling at him in a coquettish manner. Would he bow to her whim?

Probably not, but she was having fun trying. "How do you know she's not here? You don't even know her name." Shylock moved slightly, letting her body unfurl for his eyes to feast upon. Though she was young and quite rash, she knew how to use herself to her benefit: let him look upon her curves, her sleek coat, upon the hips that would bear good children. "You wouldn't refuse help a lost girl like me, would you?" She blinked her lashes slowly, tilting her head toward her shoulder in shyness. Would it work?
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian watched the female with a non-impressed frown. He couldn't care less if her father would have liked him in her service. She could be lying too but if she was telling the truth he wouldn't switch his home for some other pack he didn't know about. "That is great. Don't think you can charm your way in," he pointed out. He was seriously starting to crush on a packmate anyways, and compared to her this female in front of him wasn't really the type he would go for. 

Sebastian bared his teeth briefly. "Because I said that even if she was a friend you still wouldn't be allowed close to our borders. Besides feel free to howl for this 'friend' of yours, he or she will tell the same thing. Outside-Pack-Friends aren't allowed. Our alpha was clear about it." Sebastian disliked to repeat himself but he wasn't could to let her through. Maybe she was so stupid that she didn't understand what he had been saying before. "Why would I even help you? You are not my packmate or a friend. I couldn't care less what happened to you," he spoke with a light snap. Though inside of himself he felt himself sickening. He sounded like his father and he hated every second of it. 
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Helping you finish this one up! :)

As the Beta male and a warden, Elwood spent a considerable amount of time prowling the borders. He had increased his duties with all that had happened recently -- not only was he following Fox's decree, but he was now moving to protect the puppies that grew within Finley's womb. They were the future of Redhawk Caldera, along with the firebirds, and their safety was Elwood's top priority.

He heard voices and soon spotted Sebastian, whose defensive posture and bared teeth caused Elwood's hackles to lift. He couldn't make out what was being said, but he watched as a lissome female lingered just across the borders, then suddenly turned and skirted away. With a raised brow, Elwood approached, coming to a halt next to Sebastian.

"What was that all about?" he asked, watching the she-wolf's retreating figure.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Thank you so much!

Sebastian was super pleased about himself when the girl finally left. Sure, he had to be a bit mean about it but he was still doing a good job for his pack. He made another intruder go away. He should have attacked instantly but the verbal sparring had been okay for now. Maybe next time he would instantly attack like Fox, take no for an answer. The large male looked up when he saw Elwood approaching. Sebastian's tail wagged. 

"Elwood hey! Look I warden'ed!!!," he let out excitedly. He then watched the shadow of the female vanish. "Well she was trying to charm me or something. But she had no effect and I told her to get lost," Sebastian explained. He normally wouldn't be so proud but he really wanted to do this warden thing for his pack. He was big and looked like a warden. He might as well use his appearance. 
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Sebastian's mood made a dramatic shift and Elwood couldn't help but laugh. Seeing the big, burly wolf so excited was enough to bring a smile to anyone's face. But beyond that, he had done something to benefit the pack, and for that Elwood was thankful. He didn't know who the female was or why she had come to Redhawk Caldera, but it seemed that Sebastian had made the right choice in turning her away. Had she been interesting in joining their ranks, it would have been a different story; either way, Elwood trusted Sebastian's judgement.

"Look at you, Mr. Warden," he teased with a wave of his tail, though his eyes skimmed the horizon in the direction that the she-wolf had gone. One ear turned toward Sebastian as the aspiring warden explained what had happened. "Good job," he congratulated. "Did you have to get physical with her, or were your words enough?" Although Peregrine and Fox tended to attack first and ask questions later (or never), Elwood often took the opposite approach -- and it seemed that Sebastian might have done the same.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian seemed to have made Elwood laugh, and he could understand why. Deep down Sebastian could still be such a puppy sometimes. An excitable pup that was housed in a giant adult body. The young grey looked at Elwood and then plopped down on his butt. His tail patting the ground. When Elwood teased him a bit he puffed out his chest just to show Elwood he didn't mind the teasing. "Thank you," he spoke then with a bob of his head. 

Sebastian then frowned a bit. "Well.. She wanted to get physical with me. In a different way. She was flirting with me....... I think," he spoke with still that frown on his face. "BUT! I didn't fall for it and just chased her off, verbally. I think I was a bit mean but hey, she didn't want to join." Sebastian was glad that he managed to chase her off. It would have been so embarrassing if Elwood came around and saw him with a girl that was flirting with him... or something like that.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
It was Sebastian's excitability that made him fit in so well with the pack; although they were a territorial bunch and could be ferocious when necessary, they all enjoyed playing around and shared a good sense of humor. Both grey wolves grew a bit more serious, however, as Sebastian divulged the details of the encounter.

Elwood's brows raised. Apparently the strange she-wolf had thought she could get something from Sebastian by flirting with him. It was an interesting tactic, and he wondered what her goal had been. Either way, it didn't matter; she was gone now, and from the sound of it, that was probably a good thing. "Nothing wrong with being mean," he quipped with a shrug of his shoulders. It had taken him some getting used to, but he was more than able to become stern and even aggressive with interlopers when it was necessary.

"Want to keep patrolling with me for a bit?" he offered; it couldn't hurt to keep an eye out for the next few hours, just in case the troublemaker returned.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Thank you for wrapping up this thread!

Sebastian thought about Elwood's words for a moment. He did have a point. Because if you were always nice then one wouldn't take you serious. But then again, Sebastian didn't want to be like his dad. Luckily he was only defending his pack's lands. All good. "Oh yes. I'd like that," he agreed. He liked to hang out with Elwood. It would be nice to patrol the borders together. Maybe he could get some tips and tricks!

"You can give me some tips and such," Sebastian suggested, the Beta probably wouldn't mind helping him out. The large tank of a male walked with Elwood, trying not to chat too much while patrolling, they were still on patrol after all. 

- Seb exits with Elwood / fade exit -