Firefly Ravine Black, white, and brown.
Sapphique
Slate
246 Posts
Ooc — Dingo
Had he misread the situation? He thought it was pretty clear. 

He moved away from the wolf’s rump, then sat down beside him. ”Look, if yer thinkin’ I’ll be too rough, I promise I won’t.” 

He..probably would, but he would try to make it fun for both of them. 

”We don’t gotta do it at all, either. But I ain’t so good at readin’ situations. Just tell me what yer wantin’.”
Sapphique
Granite
145 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
He was surprised not to have been met with any sort of animosity. Now he had to actually think about his answer.

"I barely know anything about you. If I give it up now you could run off."

"Who would feed me then?" He snickered.

Maybe his teasing had gone further than it should have this time.
[Image: ddcfa3u-bfc8087c-9156-41db-804a-e9a1fd26...231428.png]
"Some Things are Better Left Dead"
Sapphique
Slate
246 Posts
Ooc — Dingo
”You know more about me than I’m willin’ to share with most,” he said. It was admittedly not all that much. And Pepper figured the reason he felt so comfortable around Phobos was strictly his resemblance to Jackson. Which, sure, it was an awful thing to base feelings off of, and shallow, too, but Pepper needed something to fill the pit left by his past. 

”Wouldn’t be like that, either. Of course I’d still feed ya.” 

He realized he was begging now, or something close to it. Or it sounded that way, but wasn’t intended to. Pepper really did want the wolf to understand that he wasn’t  one to dole himself out to just anyone. Though maybe he was, and maybe now he was just realizing that. And now thinking more about it, he wondered if he should leave and not visit Phobos alone anymore.
Sapphique
Granite
145 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
He sighed, leaning into him as some form of comfort. "I do like you - so don't look so disappointed."

Phobos was never one to be bothered with other's feelings, however he preferred keeping Pepper around.

"I move slow - usually slower than I have."
Sapphique
Slate
246 Posts
Ooc — Dingo
Maybe Pepper should take a page out of that book. He did. Usually, he really did. But it’s been too long. And the other night. He hadn’t felt like that in forever. The familiar soft pressure of Phobos’ head across his chest. 

But he didn’t want anything long term. Not with this wolf. Not with anyone. That would be betrayal, or acceptance of the fact that he was really gone. And as long as he didn’t accept that, he was golden. But Phobos made it sound like that’s what he was looking for—not just a quick fuck. Which is what Pepper had initially thought the wolf wanted. 

”I’m not disappointed,” he was. ”I just thought.. I mean you were goin’ along with it.”
Sapphique
Granite
145 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
"I'm not a prostitute. I can tease you as much as I please." The response was blunt, but technically true.

"But I understand - you're lonely." He looked up to Pepper, a blank stare behind his eyes. "That's why you let me treat you the way I do; it makes you feel wanted. Maybe it reminds you of someone, but that isn't my business."

"To me you're the same thing. I'm affectionate towards you because it validates me, and you feed me so I don't mind letting you do as you please to an extent. I have no interest in a relationship that is more than that."

With the firm, long-winded statement over, he smiled. Another change of tone. "So give it a bit longer, hm?"
Sapphique
Slate
246 Posts
Ooc — Dingo
He was officially not enjoying this interaction any longer, and any sort of arousal he had worked up--and there had definitely been quite a lot--had diminished. But he wasn't angry, and he couldn't deny the fact that he still wanted to be around the black and white wolf, even with his assumptions. His very true assumptions. 

"There is no one. And I don't need t' feel wanted. Simply thought you were lookin' to get off." he wanted to glare at the wolf, but kept himself in-check, though the annoyance would be perceivable in his tone. "I should be gettin' back, anyway. Late."
Sapphique
Granite
145 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
He felt an odd amount of pride from seeing Pepper's reaction and hearing the irritation in his response. As though he had won something.

"Safe travels." Was his only response, his gaze returning to the water below.
Sapphique
Slate
246 Posts
Ooc — Dingo
The wolf stood, acknowledging Phobos with a short nod, then turned to leave, confused, aggravated, and ready to sleep.