Blacktail Deer Plateau Bufferzone
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke wasn't necessarily a bad guy but certain things had happened that had broken the male to a point of no return. Burke felt like he could never be that wolf again. He didn't wish for something like that to happen again he wouldn't allow such a thing to happen. The female moved more away from him and he wondered if it was because of him or because she was just a distrusting being by herself. The large male stayed where he was since she made it clear she was not pleased with having him that close.

He was tempted to only give half of the story since she didn't give her real name. Burke could be righteous if he wanted to be, if he wanted another wolf to know what happened in his past. "Fair enough. I left because I was unhappy and of my brother." The one who managed to break Burke. "I have a brother named Darius. Only us two were the survivors of a littler of five. We grew up together, and once we turned two, we set out together. I didn't want to kick my own father of the throne, I respected him. It seemed like a good idea to stay together with my brother instead of becoming a lone wolf. We left with one other female of our pack, later on four more females joined and we settled on Thorn Ledge, named after the thorny ledge we lived close by. That is when it all started."

Burke looked grim for a moment when he looked back at it. "Surely I was young, and foolish. I am to blame for some of the things that happened just as much as he did. But it was the fact of how we handled it the consequences of our actions that showed our true nature. Darius thought he was alpha over me. While I found I was the rightful alpha. Females started to go in heat and us being young males, we wanted to further our line. Our brains momentarily shut off, even now, as you might have noticed," Burke had to snort a bit at that. He had been in the same feral state with Bullet when he encountered her being in heat. He just acted on his wolf instincts. "Instead of taking on a mate we expressed our dominance by claiming these females over and over again. It must sound distasteful to you," he then realized out loud. Both brothers had been in such feral state of mind to determine who was the rightful leader they were behaving purely on instinct instead of morals.

"I was the provider of the pack. I did all the hunting, with some of the females, but in the end I needed to hunt alone because they got too fat with pups to even walk. I deserved to be the alpha. They listen to me. I provided the meals, I protected the borders. I was their counselor and their caretaker. I ran my paws from under my body to give them a good life. I took the responsibility for my earlier behavior. Every day I came home to my brother Darius lounging around, fucking one of them to nag me, which probably against their will, or telling me what to do. I had to spar him on top of being mentally and physically exhaust. Of course he won many spars and it is also why I got my many scars. I didn't had the time to even socialize with the pups we created. I wanted to give them a life, a future. But one day I couldn't go on anymore. A switch in my head flipped. Why did I care so much? I realized I didn't. I did not even know the names of the pups. Especially not the ones that were born a year later. The second generation was all his blood, since I was to busy caring for a pack Darius was making even bigger. I learned from the year before and he did not. I didn't even want to know those youngsters for the sole reason they would be of my brother's blood. I don't want anything to do with them."

"Two and a half long years of hunting, fighting and protecting our borders. Every day. Two and a half years. No wonder I am such a tank of a wolf, you must think. Enough was enough. I lost another spar, once more bleeding from my wounds and laying on the ground close to being deadly exhausted. I felt humiliated for caring. I didn't want to be who I was before. I was being bullied by my own brother. Darius could have his pack and the wolves with it. He had beaten me. I told him that he wouldn't survive without me. I was the one that kept our pack together. Darius didn't believe me. I choose for myself that day and after that I felt I never felt more free. It doesn't matter if you are the alpha or leader of the pack as long as your work is appreciated. As a young male I didn't understand that. I was power hungry just like my brother only he stayed in that power crazy state of mind. But, now. I am the one who won. I am happy where I am now. I have a home to go to and a pack that values my efforts. And that Bullet, that is my story." He had no shame in what happened in his past. It mattered what he learned from it. In the end it turned out Burke had been pretty caring until he was broken and beaten down. 
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
Messages In This Thread
Bufferzone - by Burke - March 19, 2015, 04:04 PM
RE: Bufferzone - by Osprey - March 20, 2015, 03:40 PM
RE: Bufferzone - by Burke - March 20, 2015, 06:26 PM
RE: Bufferzone - by Osprey - March 20, 2015, 06:45 PM
RE: Bufferzone - by Burke - March 20, 2015, 07:36 PM
RE: Bufferzone - by Osprey - March 21, 2015, 01:23 PM
RE: Bufferzone - by Burke - March 21, 2015, 03:25 PM
RE: Bufferzone - by Osprey - March 21, 2015, 03:53 PM
RE: Bufferzone - by Burke - March 22, 2015, 02:05 PM