Blacktail Deer Plateau the joy you give to others is the joy that comes back to you
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
He too settled back upon his haunches as she gave him space, eagerly awaiting the story she was bound to tell him about what had become of her after they had separated. Her faltering was of some interest because he did not know her to be that way, yet as she finally pushed the words to come out he thought he understood why. She had found what she was after, her ambitions fulfilled. In comparison, he was the opposite; Mordecai had no real ambitions to chase, no dreams to fulfill other than to simply discover what was left to be discovered out there in the world. And for a time, they had shared that wonder together until her senses drew her to something more concrete.

He remembered Torvalt, though only in name and appearance. He hadn't been interested in what his pack had to offer, hadn't felt as though it was somewhere he wanted to ride out the winter after the tumult that had stirred through the soul of the Spine. Even with Luke lurking behind as a bystander, Mordecai found his attention stayed rooted on her firmly. The fact that she hadn't followed through with what would have brought her dreams into fruition did not spur needless emotion one way or another. He wasn't entirely sure what to make of it all, let alone what it could have meant or in reality, what it did mean. His ears folded somewhat apologetic, but his curiosity burned clean through them.

"I'm sorry it didn't work out for you in the end," he offered, holding his own curiosity at bay. "You seemed very happy to have found somewhere to be, though I have to admit I wished I could have checked out the place myself." But to have done that would have been exchanging one thing for another, and Mordecai found his freedoms would have been much more restricted there than what he anticipated with Dante in the lead of the Plateau. His comings and goings were not scrutinized by any means, but perhaps that was in part of his continuous offer of information. "What do you plan to do now?" Perhaps if Dante was willing, he thought Harlyn may have been willing to stay with the Plateau, at least until she had settled whatever it was that she could have been needing to settle.
[Image: warrior_master.gif] [Image: gamekeeper_master.gif]