Blacktail Deer Plateau the joy you give to others is the joy that comes back to you
563 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Instead of breathlessly asking her why it hadn't worked out, Mordecai responded in true Mordecai fashion - sharing his sympathies and then moving the conversation along.  Harlyn's heart swelled in her chest, adoring him even more than she had before.  There was something so charming about how oblivious he was.  It had taken forever for her to finally get him to realize she'd been hitting on him during their travels together.  Fortunately, once he clued in, they'd barely spent a single night not tangled up together.

Harlyn tilted her head softly to the side, watching him fondly as he expressed remorse over not getting to explore the land Torvalt had claimed for himself instead of saying something like, I dunno... Why couldn't you go through with it? so that she could be like ..because I want you, Mordecai.  No, instead he just asked what her plans were next, and patiently she decided on how to respond.  "Well," she started slowly before diving right in like she usually did, "I was hoping that I could be with you again.  I missed you, Mordecai.  Being without you just.. made me unhappy."