Sunspire Mountains Southbound
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
"A shit shoe?" she asked, clearly confused by the term. She understood from Reek's explanation of its behaviour that it must be an example of a dog, but what a ridiculous name! If Saena knew that dogs came with names that could be easily ridiculed, she would've found it hard to be afraid of them. Unfortunately, Saena had met their teeth long before she could learn of such classic names as poodle and schnauzer, and had a healthy amount of fear for what they could do.

"You could say that about Blacktail Deer Plateau, yeah," Saena noncommittally said, following with, "nice to meet you," to ginger female when she was introduced. Her gaze skipped questioningly back to Reek. It was a very strange name. She was just about to ask where it came from when Wynter launched into a really messed up account of a pack whose leader had, by Saena's standards, been a madwoman.

"That sounds... really screwed up," Saena said slowly when Wynter finished. She couldn't help but knit her brows together and said, "no one cared that she just stole some pups from other packs?" She didn't mean to accuse them with this, but it was nevertheless implied, intended or not. It was no secret that Saena had strong opinions, and thinking that wolves who willingly followed a puppynapper were equally insane was one of those, though she was very careful not to say it aloud. "No offence, but I'd have a pretty hard time sticking around even if she hadn't left.

Speaking of which, Blacktail Deer Plateau's nothing like that,"
she quickly amended, remembering that she'd compared their troubles with her own only to realize it was very different. "I wanted to be a leader there someday—I was born there, my dad and mum were Alphas there, so you could say it runs in the family—but the other leaders are... well, they're huge pushovers. You can break a law right under their noses and they couldn't care less. I've been on the receiving end of some pretty major disrespect despite working hard for a good rank, and nothing's really been done about it. I guess you could say it's a free for all, and there isn't a lot of discipline there at all." It sounded like a dream come true to most wolves, but not to Saena, who believed in the law of the wild and in wolf instincts. She was unaware that Koda's disrespect had come back to bite him; she'd left by the time that discussion happened.

"I couldn't lead a pack like that. I can't even really handle living in a pack like that anymore. I guess I believe that actions have consequences, which they don't really seem to think. So I left. I'm planning to start my own pack," she said, carefully gauging the loners now in case there was any way to entice them into considering it as a possibility for their own future, "but I need to hear back from my sis in the north first, since she said she might come back here to help."
Messages In This Thread
Southbound - by Reek - March 30, 2015, 07:32 PM
RE: Southbound - by Wynter Wolf - March 30, 2015, 07:47 PM
RE: Southbound - by Saēna - March 30, 2015, 08:07 PM
RE: Southbound - by Reek - March 30, 2015, 08:12 PM
RE: Southbound - by Wynter Wolf - March 30, 2015, 08:33 PM
RE: Southbound - by Saēna - March 30, 2015, 08:47 PM
RE: Southbound - by Reek - March 30, 2015, 09:14 PM
RE: Southbound - by Wynter Wolf - March 30, 2015, 09:34 PM
RE: Southbound - by Saēna - March 30, 2015, 10:25 PM
RE: Southbound - by Reek - March 31, 2015, 01:51 PM
RE: Southbound - by Wynter Wolf - March 31, 2015, 03:09 PM