The Heartwood i bet my life
✝ november 27, 2015
391 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Pantaleimon did know that the world outside of Ankyra Sound worked differently. The only thing that kept her in place was the fact that she felt a Siren, that she felt a daughter of Mother Sea and Mother Moon, even if she was not. Pantaleimon did not know how to explain that to another wolf, let alone an outsider; she could not, not really, for they saw her for what she was; just another male, even if they did not look down on her, the outsiders, as the Sirens did.

The words were painful, for they were words that Pantaleimon already knew -- that the world outside did not work as it did in the Sound -- but she could not simply go elsewhere, for she was born as Siren property and she would likely die that way. Besides, departing from Mother Sea and Mother Moon would be... Pantaleimon did not know if ever she could, for it would be as though admitting to herself that she was not, and would never be, a Siren.

"I..." Pantaleimon mumbled when Peregrine said that she should not return to the Sound. "I c-can't just leave, they'll..." Pantaleimon trailed off, not sure how to finish that sentence. "I'll th-think about it," she mumbled thoughtfully. The thought had crossed her mind before, of course, and had she not been born a Siren in the body of a Consort, then Pantaleimon would not likely have stayed in the Sirens' hostile culture... But things were not as simple as Peregrine sketched them, and she could not explain to him why. "Thanks." It did not sound much like a thank-you, for it was mumbled and uncomfortable, but Pantaleimon did mean it; she recognised that Peregrine, while he could have just turned around and left, was trying to help her out.

"So, uhm..." Pan awkwardly said, "What brings you out h-here, Perruhm, P-Peregrine?" Halfway through saying 'Perry' she diverted back to Peregrine, though she was not sure why and mentally beat herself up over her awkward word tumbles.
Messages In This Thread
i bet my life - by Pantaleimon - March 21, 2015, 02:22 PM
RE: i bet my life - by Peregrine Redhawk - March 21, 2015, 05:19 PM
RE: i bet my life - by Pantaleimon - March 21, 2015, 07:27 PM
RE: i bet my life - by Peregrine Redhawk - March 22, 2015, 10:41 AM
RE: i bet my life - by Pantaleimon - March 23, 2015, 02:03 PM
RE: i bet my life - by Peregrine Redhawk - March 23, 2015, 06:03 PM
RE: i bet my life - by Pantaleimon - March 24, 2015, 02:27 PM
RE: i bet my life - by Peregrine Redhawk - March 25, 2015, 12:03 PM
RE: i bet my life - by Pantaleimon - March 31, 2015, 02:01 PM
RE: i bet my life - by Peregrine Redhawk - March 31, 2015, 02:57 PM
RE: i bet my life - by Pantaleimon - March 31, 2015, 03:34 PM