Duskfire Glacier dark skies that hung above
the serpent king
281 Posts
Ooc —
lol she hit him right in the pride... :p

His words, Týrr saw, awoke a fire within the huntress that blazed with fury in her eyes — telltale that his previous assumption that his words would not be what she had wished to hear was correct. Chocolate ears slicked back to his skull when her words spilled forth from her lips, biting and heated, but she was wrong. He mourned for the absence of his missing Wildfire Queen, yes, but also held onto the hope that she might again return. And of the others ...what would they do? Where would they go? Why didn't they need him? She gave him words but no explanations, no proof; and she, she knew nothing of his ties or his roots, because he wasn't Tezcacoatl — at least not fully. “And thus, the wolves of Coatl's Rise will do the same,” Likewise, they didn't need him either. He was angered by her words, but kept his own under check. She would not pry him from his calm facade, he was determined. If he wished to lead wolves then he needed to learn how to remain diplomatic in tense situations and this situation was definitely tense. A test of his patience, he felt, though he knew that Manauia's anger was quite genuine.

Would the wolves of the Rise even have accepted me as their King? Even if I hadn't forgotten?” He pressed her, sensing the internal warning in his head, the dull, pulsating ache that he took to be a signal from whatever deity watched over him that he was treading into dangerous waters. His hackles bristled at the audacity of her words, at calling him a coward, the tensing of his muscles causing a soft pain to radiate from the wounds on his neck. He was scared – of prying too deep into memories that he was not yet meant to recall – but prying into them felt like his head would split in half. Still her capitalization on that made him fume silently because she was right. He was scared, but to call him a coward for wanting to preserve what he did remember? He couldn't help but feel she'd gone too far.

This isn't something you can just explain to me, Manauia,” Týrr hissed her name, contouring it viciously. “I have to remember on my own time, when I am ready too. You can't push it out of me and you can't force it.” He had been offering her a boon, a place among the pack he intended to claim for his own and here she was shoving it back in his face, or rather stepping all over it because it wasn't what she wanted. Well, he wasn't her toy, and he was not going to obey her. He hadn't before, he knew. It was why he had managed to separate him from them in the first place, losing and letting them behind while he made his way to Seahawk Valley and joined up with Siku and Tartok. “You are a stubborn woman,” The Rekkr scoffed at her softly. “You call me a coward, Huntress, but you haven't once tried to return without me, have you?” The Rekkr questioned, turning it against her. “So either you have hidden romantic feelings for me,” This was spoken with an idignant snort for he did not believe that to be the case. Perhaps if hell were freezing over. “Or you, yourself, are scared to return without me by your side.” What else could it be that held her here? Especially when he'd told her numerous times that she was no bound to stay by his side.

My ties here are stronger than you realize, Huntress. My return to Coatl's Rise is a vain hope. I do not remember enough, and I may never. They will never accept me as a leader. Maybe a slave but you and I both know that it is not what my mother had planned for me.” Why make every one suffer when he was better off here? Away from the Amazon's. A culture that was present within him even if he was too blind by his identity crises to see it. “I am claiming Frostfire Ridge and you are welcome to join me, Manauia,” Týrr repeated himself, calmer now. “But you will not change my mind.
he came and stole the wild
a crime so old as the sky and bone
Messages In This Thread
dark skies that hung above - by Tezcacoatl - March 31, 2015, 04:12 PM
RE: darks skies that hung above - by Manauia IA - April 01, 2015, 08:54 AM
RE: darks skies that hung above - by Tezcacoatl - April 01, 2015, 02:50 PM
RE: dark skies that hung above - by Manauia IA - April 08, 2015, 11:38 PM
RE: dark skies that hung above - by Tezcacoatl - April 09, 2015, 02:07 PM
RE: dark skies that hung above - by Manauia IA - April 12, 2015, 11:21 AM
RE: dark skies that hung above - by Tezcacoatl - April 12, 2015, 12:34 PM
RE: dark skies that hung above - by Manauia IA - April 21, 2015, 10:36 PM
RE: dark skies that hung above - by Tezcacoatl - April 25, 2015, 05:55 AM