Duskfire Glacier dark skies that hung above
118 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
If I ever misrepresent things, feel free to correct me! As far as the whole Coatl's rise thing goes :)

What he said... it made no sense to her.  The wolves of the Rise would not scatter... they were a strong group, and strong they would remain.  It was not they that needed him... it was his mother, and it was her pain that Manauia was trying to alleviate.  No they would not accept him as king.  She could say that almost certainly, and it had given her pause previously.  But he would still hold an honored place, higher than any male had been alotted before.  He could be a valued warrior, a prince among a race where the term was almost unheard of.  Did he want to be king so badly?  "You would throw away your home, and your mother's - my queen's - heart, for a crown.  You will not even speak with her."  It was a statement, not a question... he'd made the answer clear in his words.

When he turned her words back on her, though, her fury rose, and indignation sparked a growl.  Still, her discipline kept her teeth from baring, though it was a near thing.  The indication she might have feelings for him was bad enough... but to go so far as to infer she was a coward for trying to do the job she had been tasked with.  "I had one task, and it was to keep you from harm.  I failed.  So then I was given another - to ensure that, once more, you stood before the Queen.  If I fail in that, then my word is meaningless.  And I am obviously unfit for my title as Amazon."  It wasn't a thing that she would have given up without a fight, but she could see that no amount of persuasion on her part was going to change his mind.

"I can see now that it is the truth, though.  I have failed yet again."  The words were acid on her tongue.  Were her more persuasive sisters here, perhaps things could have been different.  But she had not been up to the task.  Her Queen was not an unforgiving and harsh ruler, but she was a ruler the same.  If she allowed such failures to go unpunished, then her warriors would not always strive to be the best.  She expected at least demotion, if not harsher treatment, should she attempt to return.  But return she would.  The shame might kill her, but she'd rather die in Coatl's Rise than live without it.

After a pause, she spoke again.  "I will remain and see this new land founded.  Then at least I can tell her that you are well positioned."  Compared to the fury of her former words, this was quiet - subdued.  If it was the most she could do, then she would see it through to her best.
Messages In This Thread
dark skies that hung above - by Tezcacoatl - March 31, 2015, 04:12 PM
RE: darks skies that hung above - by Manauia IA - April 01, 2015, 08:54 AM
RE: darks skies that hung above - by Tezcacoatl - April 01, 2015, 02:50 PM
RE: dark skies that hung above - by Manauia IA - April 08, 2015, 11:38 PM
RE: dark skies that hung above - by Tezcacoatl - April 09, 2015, 02:07 PM
RE: dark skies that hung above - by Manauia IA - April 12, 2015, 11:21 AM
RE: dark skies that hung above - by Tezcacoatl - April 12, 2015, 12:34 PM
RE: dark skies that hung above - by Manauia IA - April 21, 2015, 10:36 PM
RE: dark skies that hung above - by Tezcacoatl - April 25, 2015, 05:55 AM
RE: dark skies that hung above - by Manauia IA - May 07, 2015, 02:24 PM
RE: dark skies that hung above - by Tezcacoatl - May 09, 2015, 11:15 AM