Duskfire Glacier dark skies that hung above
the serpent king
281 Posts
Ooc —
It all sounds perfect! :-) I really should sit down and write up a draft of their culture and how it is shown in the running of Coatl's Rise, lol. :p

Manauia's irritation (though anger was probably the better word to put here) at him was not entirely unwarranted for he was resolutely unwilling to even give Coatl's Rise any sort of real chance. Her frustration at him, even, was understood by the Rekkr; still he could not help but feel that it was even a tad bit unfair of her when she knew that he struggled to remember. Her expectations, in his opinion, were set upon what he was when he was Tezcacoatl — but he wasn't Tezcacoatl. At least, not entirely. The Viking's had planted their own roots within him and so long as his memory was incomplete, as long as the gray of unknown still remained he could not commit himself to fully being Tezcacoatl. It wasn't fair. To his forgotten mother, nor to the wolves of Coatl's Rise. How could he return when he barely remembered anything at all? His incorporation back into their culture would be not only a crude shock but also would render the truth: that he was not the Amazon Prince. Or rather he was but he could not fully remember being such. When he could not perform as they would no doubt expect him too what would happen to him? Would they kill him? Cast him out? He didn't know and wasn't overly fond of the idea of jumping that gun. That was what he wanted her to understand, in accordance, but she seemed to be as selfish as he when it came down to it. Perhaps they were two stubborn forces that just continued to butt heads. “I do not remember those things,” Yet, he felt like a broken record as the words left his lips. He remembered names, a few words of what he assumed to be his native tongue, but he still lacked the connection, the feeling that he was supposed to associate with what he did remember, as little as it was.

Manauia kept pushing at him as if the force of her stubbornness would be enough to jog what he'd forgotten, what had been stolen from him, but Týrr was an acting wall — he wouldn't budge. He was no healer but he did not think that was how these things worked; and how well were the statistics that he would regain everything that he'd lost in the first place? “What would you have me tell her? That I don't remember her? Would that not hurt more?” He didn't understand her, and it was obvious to him that she didn't understand him. “Or would you have me lie? Pretend like it had never happened in the first place? I can't change the past, Manauia. I was injured in a fight, I lost everything, even my name. Unfortunately, gaining it back is going to require a lot more work than it took for me to get amnesia in the first place,” He was exasperated, but talking about this was what they needed to do. Týrr only wished she would stop making him feel bad about something far out of his control by demeaning herself by speaking of how she was not worthy to be an Amazon because she had failed, as if it were his fault (and it was, really). “It will take time and maybe I will never fully remember. I don't know.” He wanted to tell her that affording him patience and understanding would not kill her but resisted, already she was angry, a growl reverberating from within her.

I have changed so much already from who I was before you opened my eyes, Manauia,” He saw it, and he was certain that others that had known him before had seen it, as well. “No one said it was going to be easy,” It was no time for a smile, but he afforded her a soft, cheeky little lift of his lips that played at the corners before his expression returned to it's serious demeanor once more. Ears slicked back to rest at half mast atop his skull when she spoke that she would stay to see the Ridge founded but then she would return. For reasons unexplained to him, this evoked a soft sadness within him. Though they rarely saw eye to eye on anything, nor could they seem to have a conversation without breaking out into an argument of some kind the thought of her leaving did not bring with it relief or joy. He owed a debt to her, he knew, for showing him the truth in the lie of a life he'd lived.

And if I were to offer you a position as official adviser and counselor to me? After all, you have knowledge of the Amazon culture that would be invaluable me and the Ridge. I intend to incorporate much of the culture into Frostfire; but I can't do that without an Amazon herself, can I?” Despite how it sounded his intention was not to bribe her. If she wished to go, after everything was said and done, if she refused his offer then it was her choice and he would not try to stop her; but he would be lying if he said he didn't care if she stayed or if she went.
he came and stole the wild
a crime so old as the sky and bone
Messages In This Thread
dark skies that hung above - by Tezcacoatl - March 31, 2015, 04:12 PM
RE: darks skies that hung above - by Manauia IA - April 01, 2015, 08:54 AM
RE: darks skies that hung above - by Tezcacoatl - April 01, 2015, 02:50 PM
RE: dark skies that hung above - by Manauia IA - April 08, 2015, 11:38 PM
RE: dark skies that hung above - by Tezcacoatl - April 09, 2015, 02:07 PM
RE: dark skies that hung above - by Manauia IA - April 12, 2015, 11:21 AM
RE: dark skies that hung above - by Tezcacoatl - April 12, 2015, 12:34 PM
RE: dark skies that hung above - by Manauia IA - April 21, 2015, 10:36 PM
RE: dark skies that hung above - by Tezcacoatl - April 25, 2015, 05:55 AM