Blackfeather Woods A Modest Proposal
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Sorry for the super long wait! I've been really behind on my threads lately!

It wasn't long before the Alpha slipped into view from behind the trees and bid the obviously pregnant wolf to leave.  As Morgana faded away from view and into the woods, Reek gave the priestess a slight bow of the head.  Submission wasn't something that came naturally to the ragged wolf, but with the arrival of Meldresi, the tone of the situation changed dramatically.  

"Meldresi, I presume," teased the ragged wolf as a cheshire cat grin spread across his face from ear to ear,  exposing his crooked teeth in the waning sunlight. "It's simple.  As a healer, I need plants, certain plants that don't grow near the sound, but I'm certain grow around here.  I'm willing to offer a trade of sorts.  I can part with my alum root, some jopi weed, and the remaining showy goldenrod I have.  But I need poppy, and not just the seeds.  I need the sap as it has a higher concentration of opioids.  If you lightly score the pod with your claw, you can collect it the next day.  I need a lot of that.  Also, I need lavender hyssop, which I'm pretty sure you have plenty of." 

"But wait, there's more!" Reek said, doing his best to channel his inner Billy Mays. He took a few limping steps toward the Priestess.  It was time to get to the real reason he had come.  Protective measures had to be taken.  Caiaphas had shown weakness after the war and the others grew restless.  However, despite her failures as a leader, if one of the others were to take control of the sound, that would be bad news for bozo, and Reek could kiss his kibbles and bits goodbye.  No, she had to be protected, for his own sake.  "I need nightshade.  Preferably the root, it'll be easier to hide.  I'll pilfer some extra payment from our caches," he added. "But, this is off the books."
Messages In This Thread
A Modest Proposal - by Reek - March 18, 2015, 08:16 PM
RE: A Modest Proposal - by Morgana Wolf - March 19, 2015, 01:00 PM
RE: A Modest Proposal - by Reek - March 19, 2015, 01:56 PM
RE: A Modest Proposal - by Meldresi - March 31, 2015, 07:23 PM
RE: A Modest Proposal - by Reek - April 14, 2015, 08:58 PM
RE: A Modest Proposal - by Meldresi - April 22, 2015, 06:52 PM
RE: A Modest Proposal - by Reek - April 24, 2015, 12:00 PM
RE: A Modest Proposal - by Meldresi - April 26, 2015, 07:46 AM
RE: A Modest Proposal - by Reek - April 27, 2015, 06:08 PM