Blackfoot Forest bones
<i>kissing death & losing my breath,</i>
43 Posts
Ooc — (✿◕‿◕)
I don't know where this came from?
That even Atka would snarl meant something. Clarice knew of Her, of course, and respected Her—She was a God, after all, and had Her role in things—but was not for Her. Jinx was spiritual herself, trained in the arts of a man she had heard of but never known (Koios) to both lead and listen to the voices that sang to Clarice. She heard, sometimes, Atka's Loa. They calmed her without her knowing. Who would disobey a God? Clarice was truly only obedient to Sos, leashed and collared by Him, but that did not make Atka any less great.
xxxxxxBut Clarice turns truly lovely as her face morphs into a hideous snarl, her muscles coiling as though she might strike anything in her sight. NO! She shrieks so loud even her own ears ring. This knowledge, this revolting news, brought Clarice to a state of outrage. She snaps at open air, and although no care was taken in the action it was nowhere near her pale companion. She would not be! For as Jinx said, even a fraction of his voice, a mere whisper, would rend her into a thousand little pieces until she was indistinguishable from the dirt on which they stood. And to look upon Him would surely blind the woman who knew so very little of their faith... Clarice retched.
xxxxxxJinx continues and Clarice's mind is utterly silent, not even a cry from her Loa. But she can feel disapproval. It radiates. It burns. She could not cause this, she says, utterly sober, utterly clear. Her mind is so crazed that she sounds rational, sounds as though she truly knows this to be true. She has no power—I would know. It is the first time Clarice admits to having any powers herself. It was known by all, but never mentioned. Clarice was not arrogant here, only trying to get Jinx to fret less over a wolf Clarice felt Sos would one day bring an end to for her trespass. She continues, not regarding the name her mother had given her that she could never forget, but forever repressed, I do not why I have returned here, but it must be for this, for you... she is thoughtful, her ears twitching as though she is listening. She nods. We are for Sos, but I do not think it is He who is calling for you right now. When you listen, she instructs, Do not listen for only Him.
xxxxxxSos could bless as often as He could curse, but Clarice could not forget about his other half. Her soul was not Hers, and She had always kept a distance from Clarice... but she could hear the pleasant humming now. For a moment, Clarice is rigid, and appears angry. No, she states plainly, finally... but her ears twitch again, and she resigns herself. Jinx, surely, was as much for Sos as Clarice herself was; but she forgot her own greatness. Clarice was thoughtful, complacent, as she looked to Jinx... not at all herself, gone, her eyes glassy until she seems there again. But it is not her voice.
xxxxxxThere is nothing broken, my child.
Messages In This Thread
bones - by Clarice - January 26, 2014, 09:30 PM
RE: bones - by Jinx - January 26, 2014, 10:44 PM
RE: bones - by Clarice - January 27, 2014, 12:33 AM
RE: bones - by Jinx - January 29, 2014, 10:16 AM
RE: bones - by Clarice - February 05, 2014, 09:07 PM
RE: bones - by Jinx - February 06, 2014, 05:50 PM
RE: bones - by Clarice - February 24, 2014, 02:11 PM
RE: bones - by Jinx - February 24, 2014, 08:33 PM