Redtail Rise I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Saena laughed along with his jokes. Whatever Reek thought about himself and whatever connotations his name suggested, the male was humorous and good-natured about his condition, even though it definitely wasn't funny. Any wolf who looked as emaciated as him had cause for concern. It was a huge part of the reason Saena wanted to spend a day or two hunting, with or without the aid of her tentative companions—part of her couldn't stand to look upon him without stuffing a rabbit leg in his mouth and forcing him to eat it. She'd lived a life of comfort and relative luxury by comparison; her pity was probably unwelcome, but existed all the same.

He admitted that he wasn't much of a hunter, then amended that he was bad. "Oh, you're probably not that bad," Saena told him. "I mean, maybe you're not a big game hunter, but you could be amazing at catching birds or something. Have you ever tried?" Given that he just revealed his aversion to hunting, the mottled female was willing to bet he hadn't (and wouldn't). It was a shame, for like her father before her, Saena placed greater importance on physical skills than mental ones, although she knew naturalism and healing had their places as well. She couldn't, and wouldn't, fault Reek for his interests.

"I used to be bad, too," she told him as they walked, "I practiced a whole lot. I still fail more than I succeed, at least when flying solo." She hated to admit a weakness like that, but her rates were about 40:60 for success. They were still pretty good. She opened her mouth to ask how he learned about plants, but a rustle in the undergrowth silenced her immediately and she froze. Her ears swivelled forward and she dropped into a stalking stance, short tail flicking behind her as she crept up on whatever unfortunate creature was hiding there...

Suddenly, a fox burst out of the bushes, startling Saena. It managed to wind around her and take off for the safety of the deeper forest. "Shit," she muttered, whirling around to give chase. "C'mon, we need that meat!" she called as she took off after it.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I'll tell you all about it when I see you again - by Saēna - April 18, 2015, 03:58 PM