Redtail Rise I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
The fox, being a nimble and quick creature, had the upper hand in the woods, but that truth didn't deter Saena from pursuing it doggedly. One backward flip of her ear was enough to tell her that Reek was in hot pursuit as well. She could scarcely see their quarry through the leaves and twigs that it agilely danced through, but the white tip of its tail remained just in view. She locked on to it and sped up, galloping recklessly through the trees.

It was only a matter of time before the fox outmaneuvered the wolves, so Saena knew it was now or never. Her energy wouldn't hold out forever; she wasn't a great endurance runner, and a fox chase would test that. Reek had cut off to the side somewhere, likely to try to trap the fox in the direction they were running it.

With a final burst of speed, Saena stretched out her neck and snapped at the fox's bobbing tail tip. Miraculously her teeth closed on fur and she managed one strong backward yank. A scream of pain and outrage sounded in the bushes ahead as Saena came away with a mouthful of fur. She hadn't managed to pull the vulpine any closer, but her grip served another purpose—the fox, knowing it was being pursued, veered to the side and straight into Reek's path.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I'll tell you all about it when I see you again - by Saēna - April 19, 2015, 04:08 PM