Redtail Rise I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Can probably fade it soon if you'd like!

Her pace slowed as Reek took over the hunt. For a minute, she watched hopefully through the thick tangle of trees as the male took aim and leaped. He disappeared into the undergrowth, and the sound of pattering paws told her that it was without the fox in his jaws. She swung her body and cantered toward him, coming to a stop just in time for him to shoot her a look and curse.

"It's okay," she panted, lifting her head to stare off in the direction their prey had gone. She couldn't even hear it parting the twigs anymore. It was long gone. There was no harm in failure, though; Gamekeepers knew the odds of succeeding were often low. They were made lower when the prey was a wily fox. There were other animals the two wolves would have a better chance of catching, and she hoped to target one of those next, if Reek wasn't completely discouraged already.

"I shouldn't have missed," she told him apologetically, "it was my goof up first." In case that didn't make him feel any better, she decided to tell him, "the last time I hunted with my pack, I got kicked in the face because I misjudged my aim. I was called an idiot in front of them all. Talk about embarrassing." Anger still curdled her blood whenever she thought of it, but now there was only empathy for what disappointment he must've felt. "We all fuck up sometimes," she concluded, "but we can only keep trying. Shall we try going after something less crafty?"
Messages In This Thread
RE: I'll tell you all about it when I see you again - by Saēna - April 23, 2015, 02:43 PM