Blacktail Deer Plateau They used to sing about the birds and the bees
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
The fact that Peregrine was telling her, how great his children were doing, did not upset Osprey. Maybe because part of her had never dared to dream or hope that hers would be granted such a happy future. Maybe their stay on the Earth had been so short that she had not got time to really know them. It was true that there was a place in her heart that craved to love and take care of someone and it hurt knowing that these emotions were spare, that there was no one to give them to, but other than that... she was ok. She was glad to know that her brother was doing well, that he was happy and cheerful.

"My... have they grown up so quickly. They were teeny tiny babies just..." here she stopped briefly, as if having recalled something, then shook it off and went on," just weeks ago." Despite her best efforts, her promise to herself to be there more for these kids than she had been to Perry's last litter, she had failed again. Life had got in her way and time didn't wait on those, who had fallen and were lagging behind. "I am sorry that I can't promise you to come and visit them anytime soon. I am not fit to go anywhere at the moment," she smiled at him sadly. "How are the rest - Fox, other pack members?"
Messages In This Thread
RE: They used to sing about the birds and the bees - by Osprey - April 26, 2015, 11:13 AM