Horizon Ridge anathema [j]
10 Posts
Ooc — Madison

Inkenoah could not control the degree to which she shook, although she pleaded inwardly with herself to stop. The way her skin crawled and her legs trembled, she could only imagine how helpless and pathetic she would appear. And she knew all too well the consequences of a demeanor that didn't look promising. But, perhaps, her father had been a crueler man than most. She had never suffered the wrath of his judgment, but she'd witnessed others who had, the consequences of failing to meet his expectations - how would he act, if he saw her now? The thought only filled her with shame, and she tried to strengthen herself, to turn her legs to rigid stone, but whatever rationality her mind attempted escaped that of her nerves.

His voice came with the sweet promise of assurance, beckoning her gaze again. She moved the warm gold of her eyes, looking only sickly pale yellow in the moonlight, up to his face. Only what he spoke held consolation - she could find no comfort in his appearance, only in his presence alone. And she did feel some sense of relief, if only to fret that he was going to make a fool of her. Darker creatures had spat more tender promises than he. She pressed flat the ears on her head and remained at her distance, indecisively letting her gaze wander from him, back down to her paws, and then to the edges of the glade again. But did she really want to subject herself to the darkness again? To submerge herself into the unknown, when this man before her spoke of safety?

It was enough to drive her forward a couple steps, inching towards him as her belly lingered just inches from the earth. For the moment, she chose the risk of death over the darkness. She could never be free of this terror unless she took a chance, and, she supposed she would be lying if she said her heart hadn't jumped at his offer of sanctuary. It was what she wanted all along. The place she was searching for, safe, hospitality... other bodies. It was not home, no, she lost home - but it could be something like it. "I bring nothing. I am alone," She hushed, fixing her gaze on her paws. A promise of her own - but even that Inkenoah was unsure of. Still she teetered between believing the monsters that chased her, or knowing they were but mere ghosts. "I-If you will have me. My name is Inkenoah Hoheliel." The phoenix mustered, letting herself draw forth another step. Already she could begin to feel the warmth his body radiating, or was she just imagining it? Desperately reaching out for some form of companionship? She huffed, holding her breath. "My eyes are keen and my legs can run fast, far. What ever you wish of me to do, I can, in exchange for... for letting me stay." As soon as she finished, she pursed her lips to a taut line, feeling it necessary to redeem herself despite the offer he already presented.

She put herself out on the line. And should he make a fool of her by leading her to her demise, so be it - Inkenoah only hoped that it would not be his intention or his will. The golden girl, finally, flicked her gaze back up to reach his face, to interpret the shifting of his expressions as she waited on his response.

Messages In This Thread
anathema [j] - by Inkenoah - February 18, 2014, 09:51 PM
RE: anathema [j] - by Akhlut - February 20, 2014, 08:20 PM
RE: anathema [j] - by Inkenoah - February 20, 2014, 10:27 PM
RE: anathema [j] - by Akhlut - February 26, 2014, 10:51 AM
RE: anathema [j] - by Inkenoah - February 26, 2014, 01:24 PM
RE: anathema [j] - by Akhlut - February 26, 2014, 03:07 PM
RE: anathema [j] - by Inkenoah - February 26, 2014, 06:23 PM
RE: anathema [j] - by Akhlut - February 27, 2014, 06:46 PM
RE: anathema [j] - by Inkenoah - February 28, 2014, 06:12 PM
RE: anathema [j] - by Akhlut - March 20, 2014, 06:43 PM