The Heartwood The Waves Underneath Will Soon Be My Home
44 Posts
Ooc —
Thank you for joining, @Asbestos! c:

The young seal had been awaiting an answer from the male, finding the silence that had grown between them to be rather uncomfortable. She was skeptical of what was going on within his mind, and hoped she hadn't accidentally said too much. Her focus was shifted momentarily as she heard the sound of a light thud, and her head turned to the bush from which the bat had “landed” in. Her eyes watched as the little creature came between herself and the man, which confused her greatly. He could be mistaken for a meal, despite the fact he'd greeted the wolves, and she didn't want to see the little guy hurt. So as he continued to speak, she went to return her gaze to her conversation partner, but was met with an empty space. He must have gone off while her attention was on the bat, but his reasoning for doing so was unknown to her. The girl's mind settled on believing that the bat must have frightened him off, since she didn't want to continue on without an answer.

Muirgen looked back to the little animal, and gave him a smile. “Greetings,” she returned. The selkie had heard others say 'ahoy' before, like one of her brothers and some of her cousins, but the greeting had never really seemed to fit when coming from her mouth. It seemed improper to her, too, which made her lean away from it, but not so much so that she would reprimand her possible savior for saying it. Who knows what could have happened had the bat not shown up. “It would seem as if you have already gotten rid of him,” the girl pointed out lightly. “I thank you for that, too.” The little wolf didn't want to think about what could have happened, especially since the male had showed a bit of an interest in her skin. She'd arrived only recently, and the last thing she wanted was to be taken away by some stranger right after she'd reached the new land.
Messages In This Thread
The Waves Underneath Will Soon Be My Home - by Muirgen - March 04, 2015, 12:32 AM
RE: The Waves Underneath Will Soon Be My Home - by Muirgen - April 28, 2015, 12:52 PM