Horizon Ridge anathema [j]
10 Posts
Ooc — Madison
SCREAMS AKHLUT IS VERY CUTE

~~~~~~~

Did he speak the truth? Were his words truly in earnest when he made a promise for her safety? She feared it may be premature to make claims such as his - she had never met any wolves of this Ridge before he, would they even hold her in the same regard as a packmate? She was still but a stranger... To this male, even. But she had to believe him. If anything would lift her spirits, it was this promise, and if anything would boost her confidence it was this. Inkenoah summoned her courage to keep her gaze on him, to nod as he gave her his word and spoke of the protection this pack could offer. She was happy for it, and to show, she let her lips dare twitch into a tentative smile.

Then came a command. Something she was no stranger to - she would receive her responsibilities and perform them dutifully, though his was more of graciousness. Kindness. Again she found herself doubting some part of this offer - what seemed to be too good to be true, as if presented from a dream. Only minutes ago had she been running, driven by primal fear, pushed by imaginary and foul images. She feared death itself. But before her now stood a savior, Akhlut, with promise of shelter and food and partnership, did she deserve it? Had she died, and this was her gift, her final destination? No, she was not dead - she was very much alive, but she couldn't help but hold skepticism towards these new circumstances.

Inkenoah sucked in a breath and straightened as much as she could, rolling over the words he had spoken. Food, he introduced himself - the Alpha, and she found sheepishness in the faster pace of her heart. Had she realized his rank prior - maybe she did, but barely considered it - she would have shown... So much more respect. Surely he thought her a fool. She bowed her head, and stared down at her paws.

Only to shoot her gaze back up at him as he went on to speak of the borders and patrolling them. Where were the borders? Were they in the forest, the darkness? Or here in the moonlight? She didn't know. A swell of panic hit her. "I'm scared - scared of the dark." She blurted, wide-eyed as though the admission and caught even her off guard. Inkenoah pressed her lips together again, frowning this time. A couple seconds passed as she wracked her brain to make up for her words. "I'm sorry. I will join you. D-Don't mind me. I'm very hungry. You're very kind." Inkenoah added, her voice picking up its speed. She inched closer to him again, mentally kicking herself - she would accompany him, without a doubt, anything to earn his favor. She would simply have to suffer through the dark, besides, it wouldn't be so bad. She wouldn't be alone.
Messages In This Thread
anathema [j] - by Inkenoah - February 18, 2014, 09:51 PM
RE: anathema [j] - by Akhlut - February 20, 2014, 08:20 PM
RE: anathema [j] - by Inkenoah - February 20, 2014, 10:27 PM
RE: anathema [j] - by Akhlut - February 26, 2014, 10:51 AM
RE: anathema [j] - by Inkenoah - February 26, 2014, 01:24 PM
RE: anathema [j] - by Akhlut - February 26, 2014, 03:07 PM
RE: anathema [j] - by Inkenoah - February 26, 2014, 06:23 PM
RE: anathema [j] - by Akhlut - February 27, 2014, 06:46 PM
RE: anathema [j] - by Inkenoah - February 28, 2014, 06:12 PM
RE: anathema [j] - by Akhlut - March 20, 2014, 06:43 PM