The Heartwood The Waves Underneath Will Soon Be My Home
44 Posts
Ooc —
Though the little bat once again gave his greetings, Muirgen returned it only with a small smile. She was grateful that the creature had fallen come when he did, and wouldn't mind returning the favor someday. It seemed he already planned ahead for that, though, but what he wanted was not what she'd been expecting. Walk for him? Well, she could walk just fine! Since she could walk and hold it properly, the girl had lived her life carrying a seal skin around upon her back. It took balance and precise walking to ensure the skin never fell, so carrying a bat would most likely be a walk in the park. They could cling onto the fur of a wolf, after all. “Of course I can walk,” she stated, finding it absurd that he would think she could not. She was a selkie, and selkies were creatures of grace. What really got her was that he referred to her as 'minion'. Though she never met someone who called another by such a thing, she knew enough to comprehend what it meant and did not appreciate it. She was the minion of no one, and even if she was, she would work only for Lir—for the sea.

Are you unable to walk?” the little seal inquired, her distaste for what he had called her clear in her voice. She owed the bat, yes, but his actions were not enough to allow him to refer to her as something like a servant, when she was anything but. It seemed as if her streak of meeting kind beings was ended. Even if he was not being particularly mean, per say, his words were rude. They became even more so, she realized, when he had expected her to repay him. Her plan may have been to do just that, but she believed he should not have assumed it.
Messages In This Thread
The Waves Underneath Will Soon Be My Home - by Muirgen - March 04, 2015, 12:32 AM
RE: The Waves Underneath Will Soon Be My Home - by Muirgen - May 01, 2015, 10:37 AM