Firestone Hot Springs Back To You, Voice in My Head
932 Posts
Ooc — Soap
His question was released into the air. Kerosene glanced at the wolf, awaiting his reply. In true fashion, Fitz did well in holding his tongue, revealing no more distaste for his words than a simple flattening of his ears as Kero spoke. This alpha didn't agree, but he was patient. He was a very patient wolf indeed.

Golden gaze peered through the steam, awaiting words that would dissolve his assumptions and sentiment. Fitz didn't disappoint. He eloquently wove a tapestry of carefully selected phrases and threaded them with truth. Founding a pack in winter did much to explain their small numbers. Kero himself was looking to find a home before then. Whether or not he stayed would depend on how well he got along with the rest of the pack. He knew he was a tough pill to swallow. He didn't open up so freely. 

"I'm terrible with pups," he admitted, speaking bluntly. "I don't have the patience for them." If Fitz was going to be frank with him, Kero could return the favor. "I also don't do well with those who don't pull their weight or cower when they're out of their element." He wasn't a hero. He didn't care to be placed in a situation where he was forced to save the day. He far preferred the illusion of a strong face amidst trials than fragile fear. Worry was like wildfire. It spread. Fast. 

He turned his gaze skyward, pondering for a moment before dropping it back towards the wolf. "I don't know what I want," he admitted. "I appreciate the offer, and will consider it, but until I figure out what I want out of life, I'm no good for any pack." It was as honest as he could be with anyone and himself. He didn't know. All he knew was that when he found what he was looking for, that it would be easy and natural. Right now? Right now, it all felt way too hard. 
Messages In This Thread
Back To You, Voice in My Head - by Iqniq - April 27, 2015, 10:05 PM
RE: Back To You, Voice in My Head - by FitzDutiful - April 29, 2015, 05:09 AM
RE: Back To You, Voice in My Head - by Iqniq - April 29, 2015, 01:49 PM
RE: Back To You, Voice in My Head - by FitzDutiful - April 30, 2015, 08:38 AM
RE: Back To You, Voice in My Head - by Iqniq - April 30, 2015, 12:48 PM
RE: Back To You, Voice in My Head - by FitzDutiful - May 01, 2015, 10:22 AM
RE: Back To You, Voice in My Head - by Iqniq - May 01, 2015, 08:29 PM
RE: Back To You, Voice in My Head - by FitzDutiful - May 02, 2015, 04:28 AM
RE: Back To You, Voice in My Head - by Iqniq - May 03, 2015, 02:35 AM
RE: Back To You, Voice in My Head - by FitzDutiful - May 05, 2015, 08:21 AM
RE: Back To You, Voice in My Head - by Iqniq - May 05, 2015, 02:06 PM