Horizon Ridge Back to the wild
<small><i><font color='#5FE6B0'>l</font><font color='#60E1B2'>o</font><font color='#61DDB5'>o</font><font color='#62D8B8'>k</font><font color='#63D4BB'> </font><font color='#64CFBE'>h</font><font color='#65CBC1'>o</font><font color='#66C6C4'>m</font><font color='#67C2C7'>e</font><font color='#68BDCA'>w</font><font color='#6AB9CD'>a</font><font color='#6BB5D0'>r</font><font color='#6CB0D3'>d</font><font color='#6DACD6'>,</font><font color='#6EA7D9'> </font><font color='#6FA3DC'>a</font><font color='#709EDF'>n</font><font color='#719AE2'>g</font><font color='#7295E5'>e</font><font color='#7391E8'>l</font></i></small>
19 Posts
Ooc — Katie
A beaming smile split the length of Bambi’s maw when her pack mate confirmed that she would be able to recover from the attack. The pale-furred Mu had a difficult time emphasizing with Pied’s situation because no serious injuries had ever befallen her, but she imagined the effects could sometimes be hard to overcome. Pied seemed to be doing all right, though, and Bambi found herself comforted by the notion that her new acquaintance would be able to get on just fine.

Her head tilted somewhat as Pied spoke of birth defects that had been the cause of her siblings’ deaths. Bambi couldn’t wrap her mind around what her pack mate meant exactly, but she believed those anomalies somehow hindered a wolf’s body to function the way it should. “Well, it seems that yours have worked in your favor. You weren’t born with two heads and a three tails, after all,” she suggested, a gentle laugh accenting her words.

Bambi grinned. “Conversation suits me just fine,” she answered, her tail swaying momentarily before the pallid female took a seat beside Pied. Her gaze ventured out over the white-capped waves for a moment before seeking Pied’s unique features once more, ears tipping forward as the woman’s question echoed through her mind. “My birth place is called Heather Woodland. My father was Alpha, and when it came time to choose an heir, he refused to consider me because I am a woman.”

Anger flashed through her mint-green eyes, though the emotion vanished as quickly as it had arrived. “He and my mother had taught my brothers and me leadership skills from a young age. Only the idea of me ascending the ranks seemed to change things.” She snorted, shaking her head almost disbelievingly. She still had a hard time understanding her father’s mentality. “I should have seen it coming, though. My father never allowed females into his leader ranks, my mother included.”

A sigh slipped forth past her lips. She noticed then at her body had tensed somewhat as she recalled her reasons for leaving Heather Woodland. “When I came here, I resided in Neverwinter Forest for a short while. Pack mates were hard to come by there, and I rarely saw the female who was Alpha. When I fell ill for short while, I distanced myself from the pack before deciding to leave altogether. Now, here I am.” She smiled. “And what of you? You seem to be well acquainted with the Ridge. How long as it been your home?”

table by houkie
Messages In This Thread
Back to the wild - by Pied - February 13, 2014, 06:24 PM
RE: Back to the wild - by Bambi - February 17, 2014, 12:24 AM
RE: Back to the wild - by Pied - February 17, 2014, 12:54 PM
RE: Back to the wild - by Bambi - February 17, 2014, 01:25 PM
RE: Back to the wild - by Pied - February 17, 2014, 09:13 PM
RE: Back to the wild - by Bambi - February 17, 2014, 11:26 PM
RE: Back to the wild - by Pied - February 18, 2014, 09:53 AM
RE: Back to the wild - by Bambi - February 27, 2014, 08:57 PM
RE: Back to the wild - by Pied - March 01, 2014, 05:38 PM
RE: Back to the wild - by Bambi - March 01, 2014, 05:54 PM