Horizon Ridge HUNT · i believe in the sand beneath my toes
Avatar by <a href="http://wolf-rpg.com/showthread.php?tid=1084">Zyn</a>
476 Posts
Ooc —
The Alpha's howl tugged Pied out of a deep sleep, her eyelids fluttering and her jaws parting in a yawn as she stretched out her legs. Slowly, she pushed herself upright, then climbed to all fours. She blinked, her eyes taking a moment to adjust to the dim light inside the lair. Kisu wasn't there, yet this did not perturb her; her mate often rose earlier and went out into the world to enjoy the quiet morning hours on his own.

The Gamma squeezed out from beneath the tree's roots and ventured to the ledge overlooking the beach. She could see Akhlut and Bambi at a perpendicular angle and, beyond them, the herd of deer milling near the surf. She sat up in surprise, sniffing the air to see if she could catch their scent. The wind did not blow in her favor, however.

Walking as hastily as she could with her lame hind paw, Pied loped down the towpath that led eventually to the foot of the ridge and the sprawling sands below. Quietly, she trotted toward the two other wolves. She adjusted her head, tail and other posture to indicate her respective place in the hierarchy as she approached. A smile touched her lips, the prospect of a hunt exciting her.

Yet she said, "I don't think I can participate. I don't want to risk aggravating my injuries. And, besides, I'm more than likely expecting." Her eyes glowed warmly as she shared this revelation. "I'll be watching from the sidelines, though, if that's okay," she added, her pale tail wiggling as she looked inquisitively to Akhlut.
Messages In This Thread
HUNT · i believe in the sand beneath my toes - by Akhlut - February 27, 2014, 05:23 PM
RE: HUNT · i believe in the sand beneath my toes - by Bambi - February 27, 2014, 09:21 PM
RE: HUNT · i believe in the sand beneath my toes - by Pied - February 27, 2014, 09:34 PM