killers linger the least [attn: jinx and/or njal]
125 Posts
Ooc — Van
Usually wolves were too wary of Haunter to outright laugh at his name, though he'd received quite a few funny looks when introducing himself before. Hence why he didn't do it unless absolutely necessary. He could only glower at her with vaguely masked bitterness as she ran her course with the joke; and then introduced herself as one of the very wolves he was ordered to patrol with. Awesome.

The dark male rolled his eyes pointedly away from her, choosing to instead glare at some indiscriminate point in the distance. He was quiet instead of making a comeback, not one for jokes although he'd heard plenty of them growing up. Jinx seemed the type to severely push as many boundaries as she pleased, so it would've been foolish to be riled up by her or allow himself to try and rile her up in retaliation. Her immaculately white fur gave him all the more reason to hate her, except that Haunter didn't care enough about anything to hold grudges. Even against his Nazi-themed homeland.

Even if he saw the wolf that took his right ear, he wouldn't feel obligated to exact revenge. In fact, it was likely that he wouldn't even recognize him at first. Haunter operated on a day-to-day basis, considering he never knew when his time would abruptly come.

Giddy with his name, she addressed him once more and then coaxed him into following her. Haunter hesitated at first, but remembered his task and then took a diligent, long-legged trot after her. "No," he responded after snorting lowly to himself about Fox's proclaimed "reputation". Someone that small couldn't even possibly have enough weight to even hold a reputation, let alone have one precede her. "I joined the first pack I came across for the convenience of it, and to ensure I survive another winter."

At least he was being honest, even though he appeared to be distractedly glancing back and forth as if waiting for an unknown force to come leaping out of the presently nonexistent shadows. Briefly, his eyes rested on Jinx's plush back. "You seem more suited for the job than she," he observed aloud, since he was on an honest-streak.
Messages In This Thread
RE: killers linger the least [attn: jinx and/or njal] - by Haunter - February 27, 2014, 10:47 PM