Redtail Rise Boilerplate
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Their threesome became a foursome with the arrival of Arion. Saena shot the Warrior-to-be a broad grin, but before she could say anything to him directly, her three companions were worked into a frenzy. First, Arion noticed the gashes cut across Reek's snout, which Reek explained quickly and succinctly. His story didn't deviate one bit from what he'd recounted for the sisters, so Saena took it to be the whole truth. She'd made amends with Peregrine recently, but that hardly meant his transgressions of the past were erased, and this most recent one would be remembered.

She was just about to speak with Junior suddenly erupted. Saena took a step back from her raging sister, surprised and yet not at all by the words that flew from her lips. It was no secret that Peregrine's abandonment affected Junior most of all. Saena herself felt betrayed and forsaken, but it was nothing compared to how Junior must've felt, to inflict on herself the pain that she had. Though the rust-marked Redtail wolf felt her hair rise instinctively as a desire to control the situation welled in her, there was nothing she could say, for deep down inside, she felt exactly the same way.

Instead, she latched onto Reek's voice and turned numbly toward him. "He's our dad," she revealed, in case he hadn't caught onto it from Junior's outburst, "and he abandoned us at the plateau to start a brand new life with a brand new mate and, as you found, brand new children." She didn't think it was prudent to mention it, what with Junior so riled up that she could take it as a slight, but she couldn't help but say, "I've seen them, when I tried to let go of my hatred and put the past behind me, and even though they didn't choose their shitty parents, I looked at them and disliked them immediately, because our father left us behind in favour of them." This was a partial lie, of course—Saena knew her half siblings weren't to blame for Peregrine's negligence, and didn't wish them ill except for the red one—but it was also partially true, for there had been definite dislike, which grew ever stronger in the wake of Reek's injury and Junior's distress.
Messages In This Thread
Boilerplate - by Junior - May 12, 2015, 03:48 PM
RE: Boilerplate - by Reek - May 12, 2015, 04:41 PM
RE: Boilerplate - by Saēna - May 12, 2015, 05:02 PM
RE: Boilerplate - by Junior - May 12, 2015, 05:57 PM
RE: Boilerplate - by Reek - May 12, 2015, 08:16 PM
RE: Boilerplate - by Saēna - May 12, 2015, 09:06 PM
RE: Boilerplate - by Arion - May 13, 2015, 02:04 AM
RE: Boilerplate - by Junior - May 14, 2015, 10:32 AM
RE: Boilerplate - by Reek - May 14, 2015, 03:44 PM
RE: Boilerplate - by Saēna - May 14, 2015, 05:23 PM
RE: Boilerplate - by Arion - May 15, 2015, 03:56 AM