Phoenix Maplewood my flesh and soul are still at war
102 Posts
Ooc —
Would Mercury have known anything about the other fellow — namely the fact that he enjoyed eating faces — the DiSarinno (nee. Lodbrok) would have taken excruciating measures to ensure that he spun a tale, one that would state plainly that someone would miss him if he was eaten, and that someone would notice if he never returned. Perhaps someone would miss him, but it was moot for they were already missing him and if he never returned then they would never be any the wiser. Despite having no knowledge of the other yearling, Mercury did not deign to ignore the quivering feeling of uneasiness in the strong swell of his chest. It had blossomed without any warning, nor any precursors of indication. He could not place it but he was suddenly uncomfortable, and this predator's instinct was something that the tyrant was unwilling to ignore.

The other ghosted forward a step, and Mercury's eyes hardened, definitely not liking ...anything about this situation. “Of course it matters,” Mercury countered calmly, holding his pose, bold and determined not to let the other male know of his internal unease. “You failed to respond to my inquiry, but whether it means anything to you or not, I belong to Stavanger Bay.” A lie, and also not a lie. Mercury had felt that he no longer had a place there for he was little more than a bastard son, a disappointment to Ragnar, a heartache for Thistle Cloud; but Mercury played upon the fact that he assumed that the other male did not know that. He tried to keep control of the situation by talking, though if it would work or not Mercury supposed he would find out soon enough.

All he knew was it felt like the right lie to tell, borne of his unexplained unease, and the simple fact that he'd once heard that smart guys always covered their asses; yet when the other boy charged — with no provocation that Mercury could see — his movement were deft, made with the intention of getting out of the other's path, hoping to avoid a collision. "What is your problem?" Mercury demanded through a snarl. He couldn't understand and in the next few seconds after that concluded that he didn't care too. The other boy was a threat and perhaps a little off his rocker as far as Mercury was concerned.

Edited because I entirely forgot about the part where Pura charged him last night. I promise I wasn't blatantly ignoring it. This is why I shouldn't post when I'm only half awake. xD
Messages In This Thread
my flesh and soul are still at war - by Mercury - May 16, 2015, 09:39 AM
RE: my flesh and soul are still at war - by Pura - May 16, 2015, 10:11 AM
RE: my flesh and soul are still at war - by Mercury - May 16, 2015, 10:35 AM
RE: my flesh and soul are still at war - by Pura - May 16, 2015, 10:54 AM
RE: my flesh and soul are still at war - by Mercury - May 16, 2015, 12:10 PM
RE: my flesh and soul are still at war - by Pura - May 17, 2015, 09:09 AM
RE: my flesh and soul are still at war - by Mercury - May 20, 2015, 01:39 PM
RE: my flesh and soul are still at war - by Pura - June 14, 2015, 07:20 AM