Redtail Rise I like to think of myself less like an "adult" and more like a "former fetus"
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
I may have gotten a bit carried away... :p

Saena's prolonged absence had continued for close to a week.  Each passing day added to Reek's growing paranoia and worry, and he hadn't slept for days.  A sense of dread had built up inside of the pit of the raggedy wolf's stomach, however, he bit the bullet, and lead like there was nothing wrong alongside his friend and temporary parter in leadership, @Arion.  Damage control was their first priority.  Panic, tends to spread like a wildfire. The disappearance of the Alpha of the rise and her sister, Junior, could prove to be the spark to ignite the powder keg, thus destroying the pack that Reek had worked so hard for.  Keeping the members of the rise in the dark about the situation was hard for for the raggedy wolf... but, it was the only pragmatic choice he had.

Although Reek never felt he was much of a competent leader, being thrust into the position by Saena before she left seemed like a trial by fire.  However, sharks are born swimming, and Reek and Arion were doing surprisingly well by keeping the affairs of the pack running like normal.  Nevertheless, the raggedy wolf's responsibilities had changed with Saena's departure.  Instead of traveling beyond the border and filling his cache with herbs, Reek spent all of his time patrolling the border, dead set on protecting the pack, his pack, from the harm of whatever lurked out there beyond their territory, and from whoever was to blame for the disappearances.  

Reek was happy to protect the pack in anyway he could... but, patrolling the border was just, dull.  Nothing interesting ever happened on patrol.  With every pass, Reek saw the same trees, the same bushes, and the same rocks, over and over again.  It was mindnumbing.  But, it was still important to their wellbeing, so Reek continued to circle the territory and allowed his mind to go blank in order to cope with it's humdrum monotony. But this time around, it seemed patrolling wouldn't be so dull after all.  A howl on the other side of park lands cut through the air.  Following the noise, Reek sprinted across the territory to intercept whoever had stumbled upon their borders.  The howl had sounded friendly enough, however Reek was still paranoid due to recent events.

Approaching the female on the border who sent up the howl, Reek's tail shot up in a display of dominance. However, the female didn't appear to be aggressive or a threat, so Reek adopted a more neutral stance while he gave her the good ol' ocular pat-down.  safe... ish.  "You rang?" mused Reek from behind a lopsided grin.  Finding out what this loner wanted would be far more entertaining than watching the grass grow.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I like to think of myself less like an "adult" and more like a "for... - by Reek - May 20, 2015, 04:52 PM