Redtail Rise Disrespect us, no they won't
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
As her call died off, a red-tailed hawk rose from the treetops. She traced its ascent through the sky with her eyes and for the first time since returning she smiled. Even if wolf after wolf mounted attempts on her life—something she most certainly was not important enough for—the sight of the hawks winging away over the ridge would always calm her. She belonged here. No amount of rage or hatred over what happened could change that. Slowly, but surely, she would find herself again so long as she was here.

She turned her face to Reek as he arrived and settled himself next to her. She favoured him with a smile. It wasn't as bright and sunny as it had been a few weeks ago when he asked about puppies with Wynter, but it held a characteristic warmth that said not everything had changed. "Reek," she crooned in greeting, "I am glad you were here to hold things down. I'm forever in your debt, and you did fantastically. A natural, I'd say."

There wasn't too much to say about Junior or the Caldera. She'd told all at the meeting. Still, she couldn't help returning to the subject, especially when she looked upon the healing mark on his face and remembered why he had gone there in the first place—what had started all of this. "You have a friend there, don't you?" she asked softly. "Shorts or something?" This was a joke, although a poor one that wasn't delivered with a big enough grin to give it away. She remembered Reek referring to his friend as Pants, so it was a good joke in her opinion, but half-hearted.

"I will not harm your friend. I trust that they are not the sort of wolf to support what happened... for that, they are free to visit." There were actually a few. Despite Saena's decree that Redhawk Caldera was an enemy and that their wolves should be attacked on sight, there were a few who were not to blame for what happened. She was mature enough to know that, and would give Reek's pal the benefit of the doubt, as she would each of Peregrine's younger children if ever she encountered them. When she was recovering, she'd vowed to kill them if ever she saw them, to cause as much pain to Fox as was wolfishly possible... but she was not vengeful enough to actually condemn them for their mother's crimes. It was Fox herself who would die, Peregrine, and their closest friends, Elwood and Finley. The others... well, she would decide for herself about them if ever she saw them.
Messages In This Thread
Disrespect us, no they won't - by Saēna - May 24, 2015, 12:17 PM
RE: Disrespect us, no they won't - by Reek - May 24, 2015, 08:30 PM
RE: Disrespect us, no they won't - by Saēna - May 24, 2015, 09:30 PM
RE: Disrespect us, no they won't - by Reek - May 26, 2015, 08:58 AM
RE: Disrespect us, no they won't - by Saēna - May 26, 2015, 12:54 PM
RE: Disrespect us, no they won't - by Reek - May 26, 2015, 02:25 PM
RE: Disrespect us, no they won't - by Saēna - May 26, 2015, 07:35 PM
RE: Disrespect us, no they won't - by Reek - May 26, 2015, 08:51 PM
RE: Disrespect us, no they won't - by Saēna - May 27, 2015, 06:28 PM
RE: Disrespect us, no they won't - by Reek - May 28, 2015, 10:01 AM
RE: Disrespect us, no they won't - by Saēna - June 05, 2015, 10:18 PM