Blacktail Deer Plateau pearls and swine bereft of me
214 Posts
Ooc — Houkie

His recent talk with Hawkeye had quieted much of the anger in him, but he hadn't quite been ready to face his brother yet. After they had parted, he had again left the boundaries of his packland and headed for the coast. He had become fond of the crashing shoreline and all the strange and wonderful secrets that it kept; it had been a good distraction from the drama at the plateau. He had particularly hoped to cross paths with the enigmatic, ocean-eyed beauty he had met a week or two previously. They had explored a network of dark caves together, and afterward, Atticus had been left with thoughts of her that lingered like perfume in the air, coming back periodically to remind him of that exhilarating afternoon.

The silver sea-siren, however, had remained elusive, and ultimately, Atticus knew he had to go back to Blacktail Deer Plateau. The place didn't even feel like home to him anymore, however briefly it had before the shit had hit the fan. He felt a fondness for Hawkeye, and the fact that Crete (and, he grudgingly admitted, Peregrine himself) were here, were all that kept him from simply staying on the coast.

He followed Peregrine's scents now, attempting to track his brother down. They needed to talk and clear the air. The logical part of Atticus knew that he either needed to man up and deal with things as they were, or move out and go somewhere else. Peregrine was a tough wolf to track down; he clearly took his duties as Alpha seriously, for his trails crisscrossed themselves all over the place and it was hard to follow any particular one in a single direction. Finally, he just sat down, huffed out a frustrated breath, and tossed a short howl into the air. Its dark, basso tone carried with it a clear summons for Peregrine; its tone was light and inviting, rather than dark and threatening. He wanted to convey to his brother right away that he wasn't being called to a confrontation.
Messages In This Thread
pearls and swine bereft of me - by Atticus - March 04, 2014, 03:05 PM
RE: pearls and swine bereft of me - by Atticus - March 05, 2014, 07:06 PM
RE: pearls and swine bereft of me - by Atticus - March 05, 2014, 09:23 PM
RE: pearls and swine bereft of me - by Atticus - March 05, 2014, 11:38 PM
RE: pearls and swine bereft of me - by Atticus - March 23, 2014, 05:19 PM
RE: pearls and swine bereft of me - by Atticus - March 24, 2014, 03:04 PM
RE: pearls and swine bereft of me - by Atticus - March 24, 2014, 04:03 PM
RE: pearls and swine bereft of me - by Atticus - March 27, 2014, 03:21 PM