halving the compass
<I><div><span style="color:#ece2aa;">i</span><span style="color:#e0dcab;">t</span><span style="color:#d4d7ad;">'</span><span style="color:#c8d1ae;">s</span><span style="color:#bcccb0;"> </span><span style="color:#b0c6b1;">a</span><span style="color:#a4c1b2;"> </span><span style="color:#98bbb4;">b</span><span style="color:#8cb6b5;">i</span><span style="color:#80b0b6;">g</span><span style="color:#74abb8;"> </span><span style="color:#68a5b9;">o</span><span style="color:#5ca0bb;">l</span><span style="color:#509abc;">d</span><span style="color:#4c94b5;"> </span><span style="color:#488eae;">w</span><span style="color:#4488a6;">o</span><span style="color:#3f829f;">r</span><span style="color:#3b7c98;">l</span><span style="color:#377691;">d</span><span style="color:#337089;"> </span><span style="color:#2f6a82;">i</span><span style="color:#2b647b;">n</span><span style="color:#265e74;">d</span><span style="color:#22586c;">e</span><span style="color:#1e5265;">e</span><span style="color:#1a4c5e;">d</span></div></i>
3 Posts
Ooc — Leah
for @Shylock! Area inspired by this photo: click!

The jagged spine of granite and earth to the east kept the sun off him for most of the morning, but now the star was climbing towards the zenith of it's path and with it came the oppressive late spring heat. The mists rising off the ponds and the dew on the grass had already dissipated and he could feel the sweat between his toes. He knew he would be miserable pushing forward until the the afternoon when the shadows began to crawl across the valley floor; it wasn't like there was a great rush to his task, but a certain sense of urgency had kept him moving these few weeks. 

Tybalt stole a glance over his shoulder. He, at least, had Shy around to keep him company. Most other dispersals couldn't say the same. It beat being alone and, well, he rather enjoyed it. Two siblings, out on the road, in the thick of it; away from their parents, family, and obligations. Well, not all of them. They still needed to eat, and hunting was trickier with just two of them to do the work of five. It kept him fit at least; he hadn't felt this trim in many moons, and neither seemed too worse for wear. Sure, his bones ached a bit and his paws could use a rest, but it would come when he had his answers. Or not. 

In fact, he wasn't even sure if he would find her. 

He came across a decent spot of shade a few minutes later, nestled beside a quiet little pond on the fringes of a beautiful meadow. It was here he flopped down unceremoniously with a great sigh, and stretched all four legs out with a grunt of satisfaction. 
Messages In This Thread
halving the compass - by Tybalt - May 27, 2015, 02:45 AM
RE: halving the compass - by Shylock - May 27, 2015, 10:11 PM
RE: halving the compass - by Tybalt - May 28, 2015, 01:07 AM
RE: halving the compass - by Shylock - May 28, 2015, 07:15 AM
RE: halving the compass - by Tybalt - May 28, 2015, 04:34 PM
RE: halving the compass - by Shylock - May 28, 2015, 10:08 PM