Sleeping Dragon I'm going to WIN the heck out of that science fair!
18 Posts
Ooc — Java
For the resident Diplomatic Leader during times of great upset, Xiuhcoatl seemed to be unsuited to her position. She did not want to be diplomatic in any sense, at any time. If brute force could win the day, why use words? So when Citali went on to explain the psyche and its many mysteries, Xiuh gave a bored huff and pointedly ignored a lot of what she heard. From her own perspective (limited though it was), Tezcacoatl was doing this on purpose; that, or the gods were punishing him for disobedience, which was also a good reason for her to punish him. But the medical and psychological explanation wasn't sinking in for her. She wanted results, not excuses.

As for Citali's final question, Xiuh was pensive for a moment prior to answering.

"I will speak to him, and give him a choice. Following that, we wait and see. But I will not be waiting long." Xiuhcoatl glanced at their surroundings briefly, as if to see if they had been overheard, and then settled. "If we were to continue entertaining this falsehood I don't believe I could live with myself. He is no ruler - he is a man - and stroking his ego will only make things harder for us." However. "But if we cannot control him, perhaps... Perhaps we can control his kingdom, somehow." A new gleam caught in her eyes at this sudden thought.

"Does he fancy any of the foreign women here? Every king needs a queen, after all - and we can easily place one in his life that is loyal to us, and not to him." But that would mean they'd stick around; this was a tricky, last-resort maneuver. If fighting Tezcacoatl physically did not succeed, and if all other plans failed, perhaps this Amazonian ruse would conquer him.