Swiftcurrent Creek trampled by turtles
<i></i>
199 Posts
Ooc —
Movement in the distance caused Bones to squint. She made out the silhouette of a wolf approaching and she squared her shoulders and dipped her silvered muzzle forward, causing the turtle shell to slip over one eye. "Arrrgh," she grumbled under her breath, carefully tweaking her neck until it slid back into place between her bat-like ears.

A growl reached said ears. Used to various noises of displeasure being directed at her, the sound did not faze the young girl. With that said, she hunched her shoulders and hunkered down somewhat so she did not appear to be a threat. She then flipped her paws upside down—as if holding out her palms in an I mean no harm gesture—before slowly pushing the pile of turtle meat toward the stranger.

"Ahoy!" she said loudly in the next moment, giving the foxlike wolf a lopsided smile. "I'm Bones! That's short for Crossbones. Me mother calls me Hot Cross Buns when I'm mad," she shared with youthful enthusiasm. "I'm here because..." She paused, considering. She was very young and it showed. At the same time, she was incredibly shrewd. "I'd like to join yer crew, if there's room for a Sprog like me."

Bones was many things but she wasn't stupid; she knew she needed the shelter and protection of fellow wolves. At six months of age, she was not aware of the unfathomable scale of the wilderness. And so, she figured she could continue to search from here, since she was dead certain she would find her father (or at least a clue as to his whereabouts) somewhere in the vicinity.
Messages In This Thread
trampled by turtles - by Bones - March 08, 2014, 07:18 PM
RE: trampled by turtles - by RIP Fox - March 08, 2014, 07:42 PM
RE: trampled by turtles - by Bones - March 08, 2014, 07:59 PM
RE: trampled by turtles - by RIP Fox - March 08, 2014, 08:32 PM
RE: trampled by turtles - by Bones - March 08, 2014, 08:48 PM
RE: trampled by turtles - by RIP Fox - March 08, 2014, 08:59 PM
RE: trampled by turtles - by Bones - March 08, 2014, 09:09 PM
RE: trampled by turtles - by RIP Fox - March 08, 2014, 09:22 PM
RE: trampled by turtles - by Bones - March 08, 2014, 09:40 PM
RE: trampled by turtles - by RIP Fox - March 11, 2014, 06:26 PM
RE: trampled by turtles - by Bones - March 11, 2014, 06:38 PM