Blacktail Deer Plateau Social Casualty
But in the silence I heard you calling out to me
263 Posts
Ooc — Ashur
I really enjoyed it, too <3 And Eeee I'm so going to be stalking Bearclaw Valley, the babies are almost here!! :D

Malachi felt his shoulders unravel when Scarlett took his lie without a word against him. He didn't think she had missed his falsehood, but she had chosen to overlook it. Perhaps it was easier for them both to let Duskfire lie in the past as well as they could. Scarlett and Adlartok were safe now, and the future looked bright for the winter queen, which was more than he could ask for her.

Their parting was softer than their initial reunion, and though they had not reconciled with warm nudges and wagging tails, what transpired between them was enough. Hesitant and uncertain, but enough, and Malachi took the small peace she offered and hid it away. He didn't think she had forgiven him, but he didn't think she counted him her enemy, either. Perhaps they just were, and Malachi was alright with that. The faintest smile tugged at his mouth. "I will, and you the same."

She turned from him, and he from her. When she called again, he did not heed her call. Blue Willow would find her, and he trusted she wouldn't risk putting a paw over their border - he'd taught her against that himself. After the turmoil of the Glacier, there was a strange stillness knowing that Scarlett had found a better place - one with love and one she deserved. And no matter the fear he felt toward the fire-kissed queen, he found his heart yearning that wherever she was, Tuwawi had found the same.
Trades
[Image: warden.gif][Image: naturalist.gif] 1/5 | [Image: chronicler.gif] 2/5
Messages In This Thread
Social Casualty - by Scarlett - May 19, 2015, 01:39 PM
RE: Social Casualty - by Malachi - May 19, 2015, 03:14 PM
RE: Social Casualty - by Scarlett - May 19, 2015, 03:37 PM
RE: Social Casualty - by Malachi - May 20, 2015, 06:46 PM
RE: Social Casualty - by Scarlett - May 21, 2015, 06:18 AM
RE: Social Casualty - by Malachi - May 21, 2015, 10:04 PM
RE: Social Casualty - by Scarlett - May 23, 2015, 09:01 AM
RE: Social Casualty - by Malachi - May 27, 2015, 06:53 PM
RE: Social Casualty - by Scarlett - May 28, 2015, 04:50 AM