Stavanger Bay the burden of awesomeness
780 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Ranger
Want to fade with your next post? I'm about to go on absence in a few days so I don't want to hold up any threads while I'm gone! :)

Floki listened attentively as Charon described the appearance of dragons. The older boy used many words that his little brother didn't quite understand, but Floki nodded anyway. The image that he conjured in his mind likely wasn't accurate -- he thought of a lizard (which he had seen skulking around the den once or twice) with a furry wolf's tail and feathered wings like the seagulls that he had often viewed wheeling overhead. Close enough, right?

They soon came to a fork in the path and Charon chose their direction; Floki followed obediently. Pushing boundaries was not something he did often, unlike Jorunn. His twin likely would have insisted that they take the turn to the right, just to be difficult. But Floki was much more compliant, and besides, he was captivated by Charon's descriptions of dragons and trolls. He didn't care where they were headed.

"I wanna one," he said brightly, excited by the prospect of having one of the two mythical creatures as a friend. He halted suddenly and peered down at the rocks that Charon had pointed out. "I wanna!" Floki repeated, diving down and seizing a mouthful of the pebbles. Maybe if he kept them for himself, he would be able to make friends with a dragon!
Messages In This Thread
the burden of awesomeness - by Charon - May 19, 2015, 10:33 AM
RE: the burden of awesomeness - by Floki - May 19, 2015, 04:19 PM
RE: the burden of awesomeness - by Charon - May 27, 2015, 08:35 AM
RE: the burden of awesomeness - by Floki - May 27, 2015, 06:58 PM
RE: the burden of awesomeness - by Charon - June 01, 2015, 04:39 PM
RE: the burden of awesomeness - by Floki - June 04, 2015, 12:24 PM
RE: the burden of awesomeness - by Charon - June 05, 2015, 09:28 AM
RE: the burden of awesomeness - by Floki - June 10, 2015, 02:55 PM
RE: the burden of awesomeness - by Charon - June 12, 2015, 05:09 AM
RE: the burden of awesomeness - by Floki - June 12, 2015, 07:10 PM
RE: the burden of awesomeness - by Charon - June 13, 2015, 06:15 AM