Redhawk Caldera A picnic plan for you and me.
ís & steinn ♔ hjarta & sál
583 Posts
Ooc — Java
He nodded at the comment about Peregrine - there was no doubt in his mind that the Alpha would relax. Njal wasn't exactly interested in being his best friend, though. He was here to serve, to work, to be dutiful. To be given purpose again. Making friends wasn't too high on his list of priorities; he was getting older now, and such things seemed petty, insignificant. An Alpha could be obeyed - even respected - without being liked. 

And then Fox changed the subject (kind of) to one of her other children. Njal tried to remember someone named Haunter from the creek (surely they'd met, even perhaps hunted together, and Njal did not want to believe his memory was already slipping), but he struggled. "Sometimes it is just time." He commented - and then shrugged. It sounded like a cop-out.

"I've spent months wondering why things that have happened... Happened at all. It doesn't fix anything, so there's really no point." God, he sounded like some kind of wise sage, or something. Njal snorted softly at that thought, and let out a loose chuckle. "But what do I know. I'm sure Raven will appreciate the history behind their name eventually."

And what of the history behind his name? Njal still thought of the Sveijarn children, and no amount of reflection could help him now.

To break away from his thoughts before they came flooding in to drown him, Njal pressed on to other things; namely, "I've offered to train Nightjar, and perhaps take Wildfire out on day trips, with permission. I'm sure there'd be room enough for Raven as well if you think it'd be beneficial."
Messages In This Thread
A picnic plan for you and me. - by RIP Njal - June 11, 2015, 05:22 PM
RE: A picnic plan for you and me. - by RIP Fox - June 11, 2015, 09:06 PM
RE: A picnic plan for you and me. - by RIP Njal - June 12, 2015, 01:15 PM
RE: A picnic plan for you and me. - by RIP Fox - June 14, 2015, 10:33 PM
RE: A picnic plan for you and me. - by RIP Njal - June 14, 2015, 10:52 PM
RE: A picnic plan for you and me. - by RIP Fox - June 14, 2015, 11:47 PM
RE: A picnic plan for you and me. - by RIP Njal - June 15, 2015, 12:05 AM
RE: A picnic plan for you and me. - by RIP Fox - June 15, 2015, 12:18 AM
RE: A picnic plan for you and me. - by RIP Njal - June 15, 2015, 12:58 AM
RE: A picnic plan for you and me. - by RIP Fox - June 17, 2015, 03:11 PM
RE: A picnic plan for you and me. - by RIP Njal - June 22, 2015, 12:32 PM