Sequoia Coast DISCOVERY - The Cave of Glass
Avatar by <a href="http://wolf-rpg.com/showthread.php?tid=1084">Zyn</a>
476 Posts
Ooc —
I'm going to bring this up to date—hope that's cool!

Pied woke with a yelp, the dregs of her intense dream still churning in her head. "Gods," she gasped, shakily rising to her feet and rushing out the lair's doorway. Her mouth opened and she vomited on the grass. Morning sickness had become routine but this bout of nausea was caused as much by anxiety as anything else. She felt like the images from her dream—well, more of a nightmare, really—would be burned into her brain for all time.

She found herself yearning for Kisu. After taking a drink of fresh water, she loped down to sea level and then dropped her nose to the ground. She picked up his scent and followed it, tracking it into the shadowy copse between Ravensblood Forest and Gyrfalcon's Keep. She spotted her mate even as he suddenly disappeared from view, causing her to draw up short and blink.

Rushing forward, she discovered the subterranean entryway and stepped through it. "Oh," she whispered as she drew alongside her mate. Although she still felt a queer wedge driven between them, she greeted him with an affectionate touch to the side of his neck. "What is this place?" she wondered aloud, her heterochromatic eyes sliding back and forth over the cavern's sprawling walls and down to the glassy underground lake.

Remembering why she'd tracked her mate, Pied licked her lips and faced him. "Kisu, I had the worst dream just now. I had a vision of Atka in her white bear form. She stood over... over the bodies of our pups... weeping." She made a choking sound low in her throat. "Behind her were the shadowy silhouettes of wolves. I couldn't make out details but I just knew who they were. You know how it works that way in dreams...?" She didn't name them, though she trembled slightly, as if unwilling to give into the dream's message but unable to stop herself. "Atka was warning me, Kisu," she finished, her quavering voice echoing in the cave of glass.
Messages In This Thread
DISCOVERY - The Cave of Glass - by Kisu - March 04, 2014, 11:34 AM
RE: DISCOVERY - The Cave of Glass - by Pied - March 12, 2014, 01:14 PM
RE: DISCOVERY - The Cave of Glass - by Kisu - March 12, 2014, 01:21 PM
RE: DISCOVERY - The Cave of Glass - by Pied - March 12, 2014, 01:43 PM
RE: DISCOVERY - The Cave of Glass - by Kisu - March 14, 2014, 11:04 AM
RE: DISCOVERY - The Cave of Glass - by Pied - March 14, 2014, 11:23 AM
RE: DISCOVERY - The Cave of Glass - by Kisu - March 14, 2014, 11:38 AM
RE: DISCOVERY - The Cave of Glass - by Pied - March 14, 2014, 11:53 AM
RE: DISCOVERY - The Cave of Glass - by Kisu - March 14, 2014, 12:04 PM
RE: DISCOVERY - The Cave of Glass - by Pied - March 14, 2014, 12:13 PM
RE: DISCOVERY - The Cave of Glass - by Kisu - March 14, 2014, 12:26 PM