Blacktail Deer Plateau I've been sleepwalking
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
For the first few days, he'd barely spared a thought as to where he was heading, only sure that it was far from the Plateau's scarred face and the wolves who would seek in him a strength he couldn't give.

But as time passed, he came to know... his path was taking him back to where, all that time ago, he had struck out, leaving his sister behind to start a life of her own.  The road was a long one, and he knew if he took it, he wouldn't return for weeks, if at all.  Perhaps it was time... but even as he thought this, he knew it couldn't be.  No matter what, he would not abandon them.  Not unless doing so was justifiably the best thing for them.  And in this case, he knew that was not true.  To run would be out of his own selfish desire to escape, to forget.

He had not loved her, not like that.  As a dear friend, yes, and a treasured companion. But though his affection had lain beyond the reach of friendship, for sure, he could not have fallen so far for one who he suspected did not return the feelings.  The potential had been there, though... and its loss gutted him.  He hadn't realized the hope until it was gone, or what their friendship had really meant.

So despite his resolve to return, he remained away a few days longer, hoping to find some peace on the windswept reaches.

But all he found was even more heartbreak.  It came in the form of a messenger who claimed to be seeking him for weeks, but who had been unwilling to venture into a place so heavily claimed as Teekon.

The messenger spoke of his luck, but the news he brought laid ice upon Dante's heart, blood roaring as a terrible rage and desperation filled him even as his expression smoothed to stone.  As though sensing the shift, a mumbled apology was delivered that the Alpha did not hear, and the wolf fled unnoticed. He had known the missive would not be happily recieved.  How could it be?

A month had passed, and he hadn't a clue. Where had he been, a month ago? How could he not have...

Realizing what this meant, he immediately rounded and set a charging course for home, breath heaving from still smoke-damaged lungs.  He came quicker than he left, and arrived exhausted, but made steady by a harsh fire that swelled within and turned his gaze to steel.

And as he crossed into the territory, it was @Lasher he sought, though any who patrolled would have the knowledge he wished to gain..

They would come.  Be it a week, a month, or a year from now... If they hadn't found this place yet, they would.  And what before he had dreaded, prayed not to occur, he now sought with a fierce expectation.
Messages In This Thread
I've been sleepwalking - by Dante RIP - June 29, 2015, 02:18 PM
RE: I've been sleepwalking - by Mordecai - June 29, 2015, 04:38 PM
RE: I've been sleepwalking - by Lasher - June 29, 2015, 09:55 PM
RE: I've been sleepwalking - by Dante RIP - June 30, 2015, 11:37 AM
RE: I've been sleepwalking - by Mordecai - June 30, 2015, 02:18 PM
RE: I've been sleepwalking - by Lasher - July 01, 2015, 08:03 PM
RE: I've been sleepwalking - by Dante RIP - July 03, 2015, 12:42 PM
RE: I've been sleepwalking - by Mordecai - July 20, 2015, 12:26 PM
RE: I've been sleepwalking - by Lasher - July 30, 2015, 01:04 PM