Blacktail Deer Plateau I've been sleepwalking
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Dante slowed at Mordecai's arrival, whirling defensively before he realized who it was that called out.  When he attempted to answer, he found himself unable to catch his breath, and instead was required to take a moment to slow his desperate heaving.  The run had done few favors for his smoke-scourged lungs and lasher had arrived before he was able to get a word out, shaking from effort.

He'd come back numb, but Lasher's embrace and greeting was so unexpectedly warm that it cracked the harsh veneer.  He leaned into it momentarily, pressing firmly against the beta and allowing a flicker of sorrow to pass.  He had not wished to bring heartache, but nor could he be sorry for keeping them waiting.  Not now.

It was to Mordecai he looked when he was able to speak.  "I found nothing."  It sounded wooden even to him, but with that statement, he closed the questions they may ask.  He did not feel the need to inquire of them... If anything had been found, he assumed he would know immediately.

It was done, and there was nothing more to be gained in that regard.

"Has there been any sign of anyone entering the lands? Or any strangers lingering?"  He asked, with pointed interest.  He did not suspect so, but if there were, he would need to investigate to be sure.  He knew the request was a strange one to be adamant about, but he had no intentions to explain fully.
Messages In This Thread
I've been sleepwalking - by Dante RIP - June 29, 2015, 02:18 PM
RE: I've been sleepwalking - by Mordecai - June 29, 2015, 04:38 PM
RE: I've been sleepwalking - by Lasher - June 29, 2015, 09:55 PM
RE: I've been sleepwalking - by Dante RIP - June 30, 2015, 11:37 AM
RE: I've been sleepwalking - by Mordecai - June 30, 2015, 02:18 PM
RE: I've been sleepwalking - by Lasher - July 01, 2015, 08:03 PM
RE: I've been sleepwalking - by Dante RIP - July 03, 2015, 12:42 PM
RE: I've been sleepwalking - by Mordecai - July 20, 2015, 12:26 PM
RE: I've been sleepwalking - by Lasher - July 30, 2015, 01:04 PM